• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadetar

We were just talking about this yesterday in here! Some talent is innate; some people are just born with a knack for music or writing or drawing or sculpting or glassblowing. Practice makes perfect of course and like any skill drawing can be developed enormously over time, but man, I did not get anything in the visual art department in my genes.
I can say the same about my musical skills (or actually about the lack of them). I manage to pull off the Edelweiss just because my music teacher wouldn't have let me out of his class without it 18 years ago. I am still pretty sure, I would be able to play it though. It was so many tears you just don't forget anything like that.

To me, it is way easier to paint a song, that it is actually to play it.

And I agree that some things come easier to some people, but I am still sure that everyone who is able to write, is also able to learn to draw. I nowadays can draw with my both hands, and if I can do that, you are able to learn to doodle at least with your strong one. :p

Oh, I see how it is. And to think I was this close to recommending you for Member status to the GAF Gold Review Board.
Hahaha. I think the only good resolution in here is that we just get married this night so I can't deny it anymore tomorrow morning. Right? Sounds good enough for me.

I do hope this plot works.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I guess I have some sort of artsy-fartsy talent. But both my parents play music and I was quite good at when I was younger. But I never really applied myself to it. As humans we only have a certain amount of time on this world and it doesn't leave time enough for everything.

Anyway, the having no talent argument doesn't quite work for me. Having talent makes things easier, but not having talent doesn't make things impossible, just harder. Someone could have tons of talent but never do anything with it and they'd be in the same place as anyone else.

Sadetar

Anyway, the having no talent argument doesn't quite work for me. Having talent makes things easier, but not having talent doesn't make things impossible, just harder. Someone could have tons of talent but never do anything with it and they'd be in the same place as anyone else.
I heartily agree with all of the above.

If you want to really do something, I am sure you are able to do so if you put all your time and energy into it. But like Lissar said, there isn't enough time to do all, so most people don't bother, if it doesn't come naturally to them. At least I don't. I just let people like Hawkian play the damn piano. (Not that I would be jealous, not even the slightest.)

...And why on earth I am still up. It is way over 6 am already...

Puddles

Banned
Plenty of people have made it with zero talent, in just about every medium.

See Rob Liefeld, Stephenie Meyer, Fred Durst, or blame space.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Boo!

Where the fuck is everybody btw? Sleeping?

Pft. Sleep is for the weak.

Ahem.

Count:

countantonius.jpg

Zomba:

zomba.jpg

la1n (Now you can stop begging! I wanted to take this Black Mage in a bit different direction from Tence's. Old fashioned glowy eyes style!)

la1n.jpg

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Yep, Zomba almost looks like a girl in that one ;P

He asked me to use the picture that got confused :eek: What do you want me to do!?

:D Awesome! Thank you!

Also my copy of The Last Story just arrived :D

Oh, TLS! :O Have fun! A lot of people didn't like it, but I really enjoyed it (story is awful though, keep that in mind.)

My attempts at sleep have failed :< Going to try again in a minute...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lissar, these are great. The next step of course is to make an actual turn-based RPG starring all of us. It'd be an ensemble!

Davedough

So Lissar... does that complete the photos, or are there still more?

The reason why I was asking was I was going to take the photos, put them into a google doc and write an RPG-esque bio for each character. You know... lay some ground work for our inevitable playable game.

ZeroRay

Awesome work Lissar.

And yall boys and girls add me on Facebook. I already got .la1n.

My ego won't be satisfied until my friend counter goes up.

Davedough

My mother is hilarious. She's gotten addicted to the free child's MMO, Monkey Quest. I'm talking to her on AIM and she's complaining because she cant play it. I asked why. She said that she is afraid that all the kids on there would shy away from playing with a 62 year old woman, so she pretends to be a 14 year old boy so people will group with her on quests. I told her that Chris Hansen is going to show up at her house and exploit her lies she makes to children. She says she cant sign on because other people in her friends list will ask her why she's not at school.

Its a proud moment in a gamer's life when your mother says "God damnit, I'm almost a level 37 chimp fu warrior and I have quests to do!"

To every guy in this thread who can grow facial hair, I am extremely jealous of you. It opens up a whole new world on how you can look. I'm stuck with random patches...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
dave's mom pretends to be a 14-year-old boy to lure them into innocently playing games online

she's like the reverse of a pervert

Davedough

To every guy in this thread who can grow facial hair, I am extremely jealous of you. It opens up a whole new world on how you can look. I'm stuck with random patches...

I feel your pain brother. I can barely grow the goatee I have. Anything outside of what I have now is not happening. I would love a full beard but cant without looking like I have ringworm or something.

Facial hair ain't that great...mine is kind of patchy as well, I think it makes me look more like a bum than anything. Chicks dig 5 o'clock shadows anyewy it don't gotta be full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom