• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, top of the morn....afternoon to you HP. Your company made a lot of Wii owners in NA very happy! Enjoy the day

As for me, I've been up for over 20 hours. I'm going to hibernate for a few hours. DO NOT DISTURB!

*goes to cave*

leadbelly

Banned
NoA wasn't going to bring it here. How they managed to pry it out of Nintendo's iron grip is a mystery.

Yeah. Seems odd really why they don't publish these games in America. And Nintendo didn't want to release it in the US so I imagine it wasn't that difficult.

RawPower

Banned
Yeah. Seems odd really why they don't publish these games in America. And Nintendo didn't want to release it in the US so I imagine it wasn't that difficult.

I think part of it is because they wanted to hold onto it in case they changed their minds (i.e. it becomes a smashing success in Europe).

leadbelly

Banned
I think part of it is because they wanted to hold onto it in case they changed their minds (i.e. it becomes a smashing success in Europe).

I suppose they could have done that. However, WiiU isn't that far away now, I imagine they aren't really that focused on the Wii.

...so they waited until two days before release to announced a publishing collaboration that was clearly inked a while ago?

It seems more likely that the dollar to yen conversion on a JRPG was going to be worse for Nintendo than just working with an external partner. Once the euro crashes, NOE is probably going to start doing the same, too.

.la1n

I have already played through the game but I will purchase again to support my friends at XSeed. Also, SA I should have drug you out last night with me, it was...entertaining.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
We're bringing The Last Story. ^_^

And I heard what you said about it, Lissar! :O

Hooray :D I wasn't going to buy it a second time from EU, but I'll buy it in the US (hooray US games being cheap ._.) I'm glad to know I can support you guys as well.

Already announced in Europe. I'm guessing you're not publishing it there.

What did lissar say about it?

It's a fun game and I love it! My boyfriend also played it and he really didn't like it much ._. So I guess it's a game with polarizing opinions? The only thing I didn't like was the story, and he can't even understand much Japanese.

The battle system is super fun though! And I love all the characters except the main three (which are bad enough to rot the whole barrel, but let's not get into that.)

edit: Also, Dave. I still have a few more drawings to finish today.

I think I'm still disappointed that Mistwalker's new game wasn't Lost Odyssey 2.

LO is one of the best selling JRPGs this generation in the west, but still probably didn't justify the money Microsoft spent on advertising it. It also coincided with them giving up on Japan, so they ended their publishing deal with Mistwalker.

I have already played through the game but I will purchase again to support my friends at XSeed. Also, SA I should have drug you out last night with me, it was...entertaining.

I was just looking at some of the pictures from last night. I kinda regret not coming out. Haven't played pool in forever.

Puddles

Banned
Great work on the latest set of RP pics, Lissar!

However, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't .la1n a white dude? Because his character pic kinda looks like a black dude.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Great work on the latest set of RP pics, Lissar!

However, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't .la1n a white dude? Because his character pic kinda looks like a black dude.

I was going for the traditional black mage look. I thought it might be interesting to try.

I'll do it :D ... except I'll be in Germany from March until May ._. I don't think it would count to hold my boyfriend's Japanese copy.

Well your purchase indirectly is an influence of a purchase of the American version, as it is a gauge of interest in the game which consequently led to its publishing in the US.

I was steam chatting with a friend while he was on his phone at work

And then his girlfriend started talking from his account while she was on his computer

It was fucking weird

Davedough

okay real talk here. I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the last story. I know the basics but someone explain to me why this should make me actually hook up my nintendo wii

Lissar

Reluctant Member
okay real talk here. I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the last story. I know the basics but someone explain to me why this should make me actually hook up my nintendo wii

First things first: Your Wii should already be hooked up in anticipation for your pre-ordered copy of Xenoblade. I'm serious about this. I've dumped 300 hours total into both the JP and EU versions. It's my favorite RPG this gen.

As far as TLS goes... well, a lot of people describe the battle system as Gears of War JRPG. Now, I've never played Gears of War so I can't comment, but it is cover based. I reaaaaaally liked it. It is one of my favorite battle systems. I especially had fun with the one on one battles.

Recent trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnn1nl5bhGM

First hour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIPPVGP8Mgg

Please note that the story is pretty meh, so don't go into it expecting much. But I had a lot of fun with the game as a whole!

Davedough

Hmm... looks interesting. Even for an action oriented combat system. I'll definitely keep an eye out. How long does localization usually take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom