• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do....

You're playing Kingdoms of Amalur? What's your impression so far and what type of character did you make?

I like it so far, it's colorful and I like the silliness of it. I made a... whatever the last one was. Elfy looking character. As a mage/alchemist type. Speaking of alchemy, damn reagent collecting. D: I even put a point into that skill, but it is still difficult.

Her lower half isn't even the same skin tone!

I'm pretty sure that is because of the shadow.

Davedough

I like it so far, it's colorful and I like the silliness of it. I made a... whatever the last one was. Elfy looking character. As a mage/alchemist type. Speaking of alchemy, damn reagent collecting. D: I even put a point into that skill, but it is still difficult.

I'm pretty sure that is because of the shadow.

If I'm being honest, I wouldn't waste a single point in alchemy. Your character becomes so insanely overpowered very soon that you have little need for potions or poisons. Especially if you figure out Sagecrafting and Blacksmithing.

Davedough

I'd just like to go on record in saying that Hawkian is one awesome motherF'r.... not that I know personally that he's ever F'd a mother or that he's actually any good at it as my "awesome" accolade might suggest, but just take it from me. He is one awesome motherF'r.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd just like to go on record in saying that Hawkian is one awesome motherF'r.... not that I know personally that he's ever F'd a mother or that he's actually any good at it as my "awesome" accolade might suggest, but just take it from me. He is one awesome motherF'r.
It's true.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Lissar is an insect.

Why do you have six limbs?

You know perfectly well I wasn't talking about the photoshopped horsey image!

If I'm being honest, I wouldn't waste a single point in alchemy. Your character becomes so insanely overpowered very soon that you have little need for potions or poisons. Especially if you figure out Sagecrafting and Blacksmithing.

I not using alchemy because I think it would be helpful, I'm using it because whenever I play games I enjoy the hell out of alchemy. :eek:

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Good luck on exams, guys. :eek:

Crappy quality, I know, but my Amalur character:

amalurlissar.jpg

Done with exam. I think I did alright (I spent over 9hrs studying for this fucking thing yesterday so I had better do good). Just hope I get a good enough grade to pass the class

Patriotism is dumb.

I don't understand people who go on about how patriotic they are.

No, nationalism is dumb. Saying "My country is better than the other ones" is nationalism. Saying "I love my country and want to help make it as cool as possible" is patriotism. The latter is an awesome thing that more people should subscribe to.

Edit: The distinction is actually muddier than the strict divide that I describe above. My comments are rather biased and pretend that the English language are easy to work with. Go America!

Davedough

I not using alchemy because I think it would be helpful, I'm using it because whenever I play games I enjoy the hell out of alchemy. :eek:

Well, good thing respecing is cheap and easy in this game because when you're top level and need those points and are done messing around will silly drink concoctions, you'll want those precious ability points =P

Davedough

Good luck on exams, guys. :eek:

Crappy quality, I know, but my Amalur character:

amalurlissar.jpg

image.php

Hmm... angular chin. Long nose. Lean cheekbone profile, eyes leaning towards an almond shape, sculpted eyebrows, full lips...... its almost uncanny. If your toon were redheaded, it'd be almost an exact match.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
white tribal tattoo on right side versus heart on left side = no sale

edit: ...also just a friendly reminder that the two of you are both in committed relationships

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Except she really is maybe undead. D:

Also, Hawk! D: What are you implying?

ALSO, I play on Easy so I don't have to worry about things like point allocation and can just have fun with it. :D

Davedough

white tribal tattoo on right side versus heart on left side = no sale

edit: ...also just a friendly reminder that the two of you are both in committed relationships

Except she really is maybe undead. D:

Also, Hawk! D: What are you implying?

ALSO, I play on Easy so I don't have to worry about things like point allocation and can just have fun with it. :D

ALSO, I play on Easy

Well, there goes our future together.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Fortunately it doesn't bother my boyfriend that I like to play on Easy with some games.

AND TO BE FAIR (to me) I like difficult PUZZLES, but anything that requires actual coordination I'm going to fail at if the difficulty is too high.

edit: Also, the only thing that annoys me in Amalur is that the script is obviously assuming you're a male human warrior. Sometimes it feels out of place with me being NONE of those things.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There's nothing wrong with that, videogames should be for everybody!

I've personally never played a game on Easy unless it was legitimately broken, and typically go for the highest difficulty available from the first playthrough (though I sometimes have to scale back down once humbled. I'm looking at you Starcraft 2).

There's nothing wrong with that, videogames should be for everybody!

I've personally never played a game on Easy unless it was legitimately broken, and typically go for the highest difficulty available from the first playthrough (though I sometimes have to scale back down once humbled. I'm looking at you Starcraft 2).

You can abuse easy.

A friend of mine always played on the easiest level of the original Civilization. He'd basically play the whole game making peace treaties and breaking them with sudden massed invasions, and the other civs could do nothing, because Chieftain.

So there's no challenge at all, and the game is then just an excuse to symbolically slaughter millions of people. This practice may very well have fed his existing anger issues. They certainly didn't abate until a decade or more after he stopped playing, anyway.

Also, the only thing that annoys me in Amalur is that the script is obviously assuming you're a male human warrior. Sometimes it feels out of place with me being NONE of those things.

There are some things that change based on the selected race, actually. Don't know about gender or fate selection.

Davedough

I'm not a gluten for punishment, so I rarely turn up the difficulty, but I never turn it down. I like to play my games as the developer intended them to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom