• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dralla

more food!

Spinach, macadamia nuts, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper. Either a side dish or a dip, mmmmm
j4nvq2uwy17zA.jpg

My lunch, with ^that^. That's a big fat slice of fresh feta

oh, and maybe I'm dumb, but how the heck do you change instagrams directory? I want it to put the pics on my SD card but I can't seem to change where the pics are saved? I have to manually move them to the SD card every time I 'make' a picture :(

.la1n

Very nice. I used to post pictures of the stuff I made but I am too lazy lately. I am sure there are some in the IronGAF thread but I am also too lazy to find them ;P

dralla

I picked up Costume Quest since it was on sale, it was..good. Could've been been great if they had some variety in the side missions instead of re-using the same ones in every area and had some memorable music. It came with the DLC too, but I think it's christmas themed, maybe I should hold off on that for a little while.

Work changed my shifts around and didn't tell me. I waited around in the city for three hours, but I could have been having a lazy afternoon :mad: and now it clashes with my shoulder appointment and my ball. Stupid incompetent grumble grumble.

http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/new%20ball.jpg[MG]?[/QUOTE]
No silly, my Japanese club ball! I'm gonna get druuuunk. Here's a good word to remember jint: のみほうだい。I'll post pics later so you can see.

Ezalc

No silly, my Japanese club ball! I'm gonna get druuuunk. Here's a good word to remember jint: のみほうだい。I'll post pics later so you can see.

No something something u something i. I need to practice japanese more.

You remember that thread where people were talking about how some guys were just up for a chat? Well after uni yesterday I bumped into a guy from my tute on the bus so we were talking about the exam and then for some reason he asked for my number so I gave it to him because I didn't know how to decline and now I don't know what to do D: I thought it was just a friendly conversation and he catches my bus and I'm thinking of driving to uni from now on and changing my number because I don't know how to say I'm not interested ;.;

Oh! I missed it! ~Downloading now~

Jintor

There's no meanness in it, no malice aforethought. Truth might sting a little but better than keeping him in false hope!

;_____________;

Lissar

Reluctant Member
True story: I avoided riding a certain bus for months because the bus driver gave me (and only me!) candy on Valentine's Day.

However, I don't think you should upturn your life because you don't want to tell a guy no. If it comes up, say that you're interested in friends only.

Lisa: What do you say to a boy to let him know you're not interested?
Marge Simpson: Well, honey, I...
Homer: Let me handle this, Marge. I've heard them all: "I like you as a friend," "I think we should see other people," "I no speak English"...
Lisa: I get the idea.
Homer: "I'm married to the sea," "I don't want to kill you but I will"...
Marge Simpson: Honey! Lisa, I'd tell this boy that you're very flattered, but you're just not ready for this kind of thing.
Lisa: Thanks, Mom.
Homer: And if that doesn't work, six simple words: "I'm not gay, but I'll learn."

This always happens to me so ugh.

leadbelly

Banned
but there's not really a good way to say it without being mean D: I don't want to deal with things like this aaaah!

It's best to say something shan. If they really like you, they may be a little disappointed by it, but they would probably prefer to know how you feel rather than you say nothing at all. You might unintentionally string them along. By trying to be nice, and not explicitly saying you're not interested, they may end up thinking you are interested. You may end up making it worse. lol

I know I would much prefer to be told anyway. I'd hate it if a girl was continuing to speak to me just to be nice, because she doesn't want to hurt my feelings, rather than because she is in some way interested. I wouldn't want to put her in that position just as much as she doesn't want to be in that position.

You remember that thread where people were talking about how some guys were just up for a chat? Well after uni yesterday I bumped into a guy from my tute on the bus so we were talking about the exam and then for some reason he asked for my number so I gave it to him because I didn't know how to decline and now I don't know what to do D: I thought it was just a friendly conversation and he catches my bus and I'm thinking of driving to uni from now on and changing my number because I don't know how to say I'm not interested ;.;

You have a boyfriend, right? Why not just say that?

It's best to say something shan. If they really like you, they may be a little disappointed by it, but they would probably prefer to know how you feel rather than you say nothing at all. You might unintentionally string them along. By trying to be nice, and not explicitly saying you're not interested, they may end up thinking you are interested. You may end up making it worse. lol

I know I would much prefer to be told anyway. I'd hate it if a girl was continuing to speak to me just to be nice, because she doesn't want to hurt my feelings, rather than because she is in some way interested. I wouldn't want to put her in that position just as much as she doesn't want to be in that position.
I've only really spoken to him twice, but I don't know what to do if he tries to call. Hopefully nothing will happen and I won't have to do anything.

leadbelly

Banned
I've only really spoken to him twice, but I don't know what to do if he tries to call. Hopefully nothing will happen and I won't have to do anything.

I understand the awkwardness of it. If it gets to that point, just be as polite as possible when you say it. Giving him false hope might make it worse though. It's easier to take when you know from the start how they feel.

They're always interested unless they're already taken, sorry :(

However, I don't think you should upturn your life because you don't want to tell a guy no. If it comes up, say that you're interested in friends only.

qhAAi.jpg

I've only really spoken to him twice, but I don't know what to do if he tries to call.

It doesn't have to be awkward for you. He'll probably post the white-whale comic to GAF, but whatever, you don't owe him anything.

When chatting, just mix 'we' in instead of 'I' as appropriate. He'll either think you're a pretty-pretty-princess or get the hint.

They're always interested unless they're already taken, sorry :(

Not always. Also, being taken doesn't mean he's not interested.

Also, 'friendzone'? Really?

Davedough

Shan, just immediately begin to emit noxious fumes from any orifice. Whether its a burp or a fart, you'll send him packing and wont have to deal with hurting his feelings. It'll scrub any preconceived notion of you being the one he wants and you'll be free to live your life creeper free.

Edit: Yay. I was hoping this ridiculous statement would be at the top of the page.

And speaking of top of the page, 2 more 100ppp pages until the new OT2

Ezalc

Just tell him you have a boyfriend or bring up your boyfriend in a conversation, that'll cut off interest pretty quickly. Anyway, it's better to just tell the person rather to keep being nice and have them think you have an interest. Also you're like 20 right Shan? I'm guessing the guy is of a similar age. You two are old enough that you should just be honest with him instead of running around scared to be firm when you need to be.

Just spent most of the the last 6 hours wondering why my branch of code wasn't working.

Now to actually develop for an hour and a half.

EDIT: Holy shit. The senior network guy just walked into the office and opened the conversation with "I just snorted a Berocca"

:lol :lol :lol

Davedough

Just spent most of the the last 6 hours wondering why my branch of code wasn't working.

Now to actually develop for an hour and a half.

EDIT: Holy shit. The senior network guy just walked into the office and opened the conversation with "I just snorted a Berocca"

:lol :lol :lol

Even with the image, I have no idea what a Berocca is.

I'm a Senior Network Engineer, I can't vouch for all of us snorting random objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom