• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Really weird shit that you do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuramu said:
I draw triangles with my mind using various objects in the world as points. I do other eye games too, too many to mention them all, like looking at one spot, then without moving my focus, try to concentrate on things in the periphery to the point that I might as well be looking right at it.

I also like staring at one spot until the world seems to disappear. I suppose the cones and rods get tired. Unfortunately, I have a hard time keeping my eyes still, so it's frustrating. But when it works, it's fun to feel like you are blind
:lol I do the same things. weird.
AlexMogil said:
Play drums with my teeth. I grind my teeth in ways that sounds kinda... drummy and play a beat of a song I am thinking of.
that too.
human5892 said:
I do quite a few of the things already mentioned in here, but to add one:

I will suddenly and arbitrarily have an intense recall of a previous embarrassing moment, usually involving something I said. The moment can be relatively recent or years old -- it doesn't seem to matter. The memory only lasts a few seconds, but during that time it's almost physically painful -- I usually wince and sometimes even mutter something under my breath. This happens a few times a week and is insanely irritating.
and that.

to add something besides "me too": I used to "hop" the car over shadows while my parents were driving. Like the tires couldn't touch a shadow (why? no fucking clue) but I would visualize the car jumping over all shadows (tough in the fall with all the leaves missing from trees and lots of branches and shadows).

You suck. When I was in middle school, I literally crapped behind a bush at my friend's house. He was pissed. Also, when a few of my friend's and I went to this kid's house to go swimming, we were all wet standing near the pool. For some reason, I started to piss right there and they all got angry and threw me in the pool. :lol

McLovin

Jason's Ultimatum said:
You suck. When I was in middle school, I literally crapped behind a bush at my friend's house. He was pissed. Also, when a few of my friend's and I went to this kid's house to go swimming, we were all wet standing near the pool. For some reason, I started to piss right there and they all got angry and threw me in the pool. :lol
For some reason that reminds me of the time me n my bro camped out for a ps3 last year. He had to go bad and it was like 3am or something. He didn't want to loose his spot so he ended up taking a crap in a bush behind the toys r us why were at. I feel sorry for the schmuck that had to clean up that log :lol

Mato

I talk to myself. A lot. I create or recreate usually painful or stressful experiences and then answer to my foes accordingly. I'll go on and on and on for hours sometimes. Sometimes i punch and slap in the air. It was worse in the past, nowdays I can sort of catch myself doing it and say something like "shut up idiot, don't do this, your are alone"

HolyStar

Banned
Here are some I do.

-Whenever there were different color tiles in a hallway, I would usually only walk on one color. I would pretend like the other color was lava or something like that.

-I always daydream, like all the time. This makes people think that I am absent minded or something.

-I laugh when nothing funny is going on, a lot. It goes with the daydreaming. I usually think of something funny, and then I am smiling or laughing around people, which has gotten me some weird stares and looks.

-Whenever someone does something that I got criticized on/ made fun of because, and see someone else do it, I ride their ass about it to make myself feel better.

-I have lots of songs on Itunes, but will usually only listen to a couple of songs over and over again.

-Love posting on message boards. Started when I was a wee lad in middle school, now I am hooked.

- When I was in middle school, I preferred anime girls to real ones
I wish I was kidding.

There is a bunch more but I will post them later.

bjork

McLovin said:
:lol no I meant like I can't poop unless I'm pooping at my house.

You should try pooping in your backyard. I had to do it when I was 8 or 9. My mom got mad at me for something, and put me out in the backyard and locked me out of the house. I told her that I had to poop, and she told me to just poop out in the backyard.

The backyard had a slope that went down to the wall that lined the street, so I put my feet against the slope and my back on the wall, and I pooped. And it was tricky because my dog kept coming over to see what was going on and shit. But I managed to poop it all out.

But it wasn't like some sex in public "thrill", it was just gross. There wasn't even anything to wipe with. :\

McLovin

bjork said:
You should try pooping in your backyard. I had to do it when I was 8 or 9. My mom got mad at me for something, and put me out in the backyard and locked me out of the house. I told her that I had to poop, and she told me to just poop out in the backyard.

The backyard had a slope that went down to the wall that lined the street, so I put my feet against the slope and my back on the wall, and I pooped. And it was tricky because my dog kept coming over to see what was going on and shit. But I managed to poop it all out.

But it wasn't like some sex in public "thrill", it was just gross. There wasn't even anything to wipe with. :\
A friend of mine told me that if I ever find myself in a situation where I need to poop outside and don't have toilet paper just use one of your socks.

bjork

McLovin said:
A friend of mine told me that if I ever find myself in a situation where I need to poop outside and don't have toilet paper just use one of your socks.

Use one of your own socks!

But yeah, had I known then what I know now, problem solved. Though, having my mom wash a sock with poop on it might've ended badly. That wasn't a good day, all the way around. :p

Everytime I go to the toilet at home and take a monster dump I take a picture of my masterpiece. I have a folder on my computer with almost 50 pictures now.

I am constantly organizing my pantry, like a few times a week. I always think it could look better. I spend more time organizing it than my videogame collection. A tidy pantry is a happy pantry!

t5j6g7.jpg

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I am constantly organizing my pantry, like a few times a week. I always think it could look better. I spend more time organizing it than my videogame collection. A tidy pantry is a happy pantry!

t5j6g7.jpg

So... how much do you weight?

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:

t5j6g7.jpg
you have a future in supermarket retail, that much is evident.

bjork said:
What the... do you eat all those cheez-its before they go stale?

Yes... I do like snacks, but I don't overeat. Gotta buy snacks when they're on sale, and when they are, I stock up (I always look at expiration dates). The price of food is going up so they say.

And LOL about the weight comment. I have actually been really watching my caloric intake and exercising daily. On March 2 I was 210... this morning's weigh in was 171. It's all about portion control. I take snacks with me to work, and I divide out single 100-calorie servings into bags... it has ended up to be way cheaper than buying those 100-calorie packs. My approach to dieting is eat what you like, but eat less of it, and lots of physical activity.

Sniper McBlaze said:
Everytime I go to the toilet at home and take a monster dump I take a picture of my masterpiece. I have a folder on my computer with almost 50 pictures now.

louie

When i'm on my own I have full blown conversations in my head, usually about how things aren't going my way. It's become so intolerable that i have to listen to music just to blot out my thoughts.

esbern

at night i parade around the city in a mask and a diaper and use my girl's anal beads as bola. those things are great if you aim at the right part of the legs.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have short hair and rub my fingers through it a lot. Sometimes I just go on giving myself a scalp massage because it feels so good.

ezekial45

Banned
I have this weird habit of repeating another person's dialog. I usually tend to repeat certain parts of the other person's sentence after they've said it.

Other person: "You'll have to head left to find the bathroom."
Me: "Head left to find the bathroom."

Or

Other Person: "She seems a little needy."
Me: "A little needy."

I don't really have any problems with it. I just think it's a little bizarre sometimes.

BTW, i share a lot of the weird things that some of the other posters have. Specifically, wincing at the thought of embarrassing moments. It's great that there are so many people that can relate.

its been awhile but i used to string pieces of floss in between my teeth and then pull on them until my gums felt cut into and were throbbing.

and not so much as a thing i do, but i find everything about cheese absolutely disgusting.

thomaser

Used to have the same obsession with balancing things out that other people here had:

- When walking through a room, down a hall, over a bridge and so on, I had to touch both sides. So I would zigzag through the place to touch the walls.
- I used to blink with each eye separately, because I wanted to check if colours were different for each eye. So I would first blink with the right eye, check colours, then repeat with the left. A guy once started winking at me when I did this.
- Similarly used to check my hearing by cupping my ears all the time. The girls behind me in class found it hilarious.
- Crack my joints a lot. Used to concentrate mainly on fingers (and developed a great routine for cracking them all very rapidly), now it's mostly my neck. So I do lots of weird movements with my head.
- Often pretend to have dialogues with people. I think I do it to check what my reaction will be to various developments in the dialogue, and adjust my responses accordingly.
- I like to think that there's a crisis somewhere, like a hostage situation, a robbery, a fire and so on, and I'm the only one to actually do something about it. So I pretend to burst out of the terrified crowd, run towards the terrorists and floor them with kicks to the head. Or run into the burning building, find whoever's inside and drag them out, collapsing once I'm outside. Saving the day. There's always a girl I like in the crowd, so I guess all this is just to impress her.
- When walking on stairs, I always had to make sure that I stepped on it 14 times. So if the stairs had 15 steps, I would hop over one. If it had 7, I would step twice on every step. This could get horribly complicated at times.
- Used to have a weird way of going through doorways. It involved lots of stepping.

Luckily, I've grown out of the balance-obsessions. And the 14 steps-thing. Whoo-boy am I glad I don't do those things anymore.

dude

dude
I wink uncontrollably when I'm nervous, my left eye just starts blinking faster than my right eye which makes it look like I'm winking.

Rezbit

I have fucked up dreams. Last night I dreamt I was on a mission with Jessica Alba to find an artifact for someone, and we had to go to this giant, enclosed rubbish dump in France (?!). I can even remember the horrid garbage smell as Jessica Alba and I were looking around. I remember saying "We have to make sure not to step in dog turds." Then we stealthily entered a secret room that had lots of old furniture and random trinkets. We found a treasure chest and ran off with it. Then one of my friends turned up, pulled out a phone and called in a helicopter. We all put on sunglasses as the helicopter arrived. Unfortunately then I woke up, so I will never know what was in that treasure chest!

Grug

human5892 said:
I will suddenly and arbitrarily have an intense recall of a previous embarrassing moment, usually involving something I said. The moment can be relatively recent or years old -- it doesn't seem to matter. The memory only lasts a few seconds, but during that time it's almost physically painful -- I usually wince and sometimes even mutter something under my breath. This happens a few times a week and is insanely irritating.

I demand more discussion on this, because I have a serious problem with this... it is a perfect summation of what I do, including the wincing and muttering under my breath. Sometimes it happens when I turn the light out at night to go to sleep, and I cant bear it to the point where I have to watch TV again for a while.

Seriously, I'm 27 years old and even have flashbacks to embarrassing things I did when I was 8 years old.

I try to tell myself that these things are ancient history, and even try to see the funny side... but it just doesnt work.

HALP!

eso76

HolyStar said:
Here are some I do.

-Whenever there were different color tiles in a hallway, I would usually only walk on one color. I would pretend like the other color was lava or something like that.

Funny, i always do too : )

- Also, when i was younger, while on the passenger's seat of a moving car and the trip was especially boring, i did the following. Focus on some small black dot on the car's window closing one eye, then move my head up and down to make the small dot move like it was jumping over the hills/buildings and other stuff that passed by, as if they were platforms and obstacles.
Then, Gameboy came along.

- While not lefthanded, while eating i only use the knife with my left hand to cut stuff.

- When I write or draw, i have to keep the paper rotated almost 90* anticlockwise in front of me, so that i basically write lines of text going vertically from the bottom up, instead of left to right. I'm absolutely incapable of writing or drawing in any other way.

tons more.

- oh, and i crack my joints a lot too, first it was my fingers, then my neck (and i'm always, like all the time, doing weird movements with my head) and especially my spine: While sitting i would twist my back as much as can, putting my arms against my legs and pushing right and left, which makes this LOUD symphony of dozens cracking noises from my spine which never fails to impress/annoy/freak out people around me.

Grug

godhandiscen said:
Unless I am farther than one hour away, I'll drive home to take a shit.

Me too.

Its something to be enjoyed and savoured in the comfort of a safe, secure and familiar environment.

If I try to drop a bog in a public toilet and someone walks in, my sphincter closes up tight.

HolyStar said:
-I laugh when nothing funny is going on, a lot. It goes with the daydreaming. I usually think of something funny, and then I am smiling or laughing around people, which has gotten me some weird stares and looks.
I do this too. I have never seen anyone else do it. I always get funny looks in class and then I get really embarrassed. Also, sometimes I will just start to snicker or laugh out of no where for no reason at all. I will get this odd feeling like everything is too tense and I guess I feel like I need to laugh or snicker to lighten up the mood. Although I have gotten better about that and it rarely occurs anymore.

Bulla564 said:
I masturbate in a way that I can do it with my boxers on, while laying on my bed.

It's weird, but very convenient.
Hahaha, one weird thing about me is that I get turned on when the other party has some of thier clothes on :lol

dude

dude
eso76 said:
- Also, when i was younger, while on the passenger's seat of a moving car and the trip was especially boring, i did the following. Focus on some small black dot on the car's window closing one eye, then move my head up and down to make the small dot move like it was jumping over the hills/buildings and other stuff that passed by, as if they were platforms and obstacles.
Then, Gameboy came along.

I still do that.
(And I thought a lot of people do that floor thing?)

Finn

titiklabingapat said:
Hahaha, one weird thing about me is that I get turned on when the other party has some of thier clothes on :lol
Boxers?

I remember watching something on like A&E that said that people often find a bit of clothing on someone more sexy than the person being completely naked. It's the anticipation of what's under the clothing that arouses people, I guess.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
bjork said:
I think about driving into oncoming traffic a lot. Or into trees, telephone poles, etc. Not to die or to kill anyone, but to get my car totaled.

Uh oh, better edit that post before Jack Thompson notices, he'll only blame it on GTA :lol

And well, late at night when walking home or whatever, I usually mime to the music I'm listening to on my Mp3, as well as air guitaring to it in a discrete manner.

I'm weird :(

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
I often will read an entire thread, then write a thought out/lengthy response. I'll then re-read it and edit it a few times, then delete the whole thing because I think no one on GAF gives a shit about anything I have to say.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
I have what could only be described as "word dyslexia." I say the opposite of what I mean. Generally something like "turn left" when I mean "turn right," but it can get really convoluted at times. For instance "pop the trunk" when I mean "pop the hood," (for Brits that would be boot/bonnet respectively). It even goes so far that some whole sentences will be backwards. "I'm going to the store, I'll be back here." "I'm at the store, I'm going here."

Not sure what that's about but it's a pretty annoying affliction. I'll correct myself immediately after I say it, so usually people know what I ultimately mean, but I've gotten some really strange looks for making such mistakes before.

Finn said:
Boxers?

I remember watching something on like A&E that said that people often find a bit of clothing on someone more sexy than the person being completely naked. It's the anticipation of what's under the clothing that arouses people, I guess.
Exactly, although I am more into tops like shirts, suits, jackets, etc :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom