• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Really weird shit that you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyStar

Banned
Kodiak said:
I often will read an entire thread, then write a thought out/lengthy response. I'll then re-read it and edit it a few times, then delete the whole thing because I think no one on GAF gives a shit about anything I have to say.

images

HolyStar

Banned
DevilWillcry said:
I do this too. I have never seen anyone else do it. I always get funny looks in class and then I get really embarrassed. Also, sometimes I will just start to snicker or laugh out of no where for no reason at all. I will get this odd feeling like everything is too tense and I guess I feel like I need to laugh or snicker to lighten up the mood. Although I have gotten better about that and it rarely occurs anymore.

Yeah, I just get bored a lot. I always then find ways to amuse myself, and that is one of the ways. I need to stop it soon.

sometimes I speak in a made up gibberish language just for my own entertainment.

if I'm shopping for groceries sometimes if I'm not sure I want to buy something but I see that the expiration date is my birthday or another familiar number or date I usually get it. and I have chosen not to buy foods if the exp date happened to be Sept 11th.

Echoes

I stay awake for more than 24 hours, and then sleep for at least 12 hours. I just do it everyday since 2 years, sort of sucky but I'm having fun with it :p

VaLiancY

I have a friend who always spits when he uses the urinal. Me on the other hand, No matter how a pillow is, fluffy or flat, I always folded it in half. And I put BBQ sauce on every meat.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
human5892 said:
I will suddenly and arbitrarily have an intense recall of a previous embarrassing moment, usually involving something I said. The moment can be relatively recent or years old -- it doesn't seem to matter. The memory only lasts a few seconds, but during that time it's almost physically painful -- I usually wince and sometimes even mutter something under my breath. This happens a few times a week and is insanely irritating.
This happens to me too a lot and looking through the thread it seems like it happens to a lot of people.
Seems like it's a perfectly normal thing and we should just accept it and attempt to not make any more additions of embarrassing moments to our varied and wide collections.

dogonfire said:
I never watch DVDs that I own, and once I buy one I can't watch the movie on TV either. I gave away my Tommy Boy DVD so I could watch it on TBS.

I spend way more time on courses that have nothing to do with my career goals.

Not really weird, but I never outgrew riding on the back of grocery carts. Uh, not in the seat. You know what I mean.

I always go grocery shopping between 10pm and 6am. This helps with the last one.

Funny, but I rarely watch DVD's I own but when they are on TV I want to see them.

Rlan

eso76 said:
- Also, when i was younger, while on the passenger's seat of a moving car and the trip was especially boring, i did the following. Focus on some small black dot on the car's window closing one eye, then move my head up and down to make the small dot move like it was jumping over the hills/buildings and other stuff that passed by, as if they were platforms and obstacles.
Then, Gameboy came along.

Did this, but it was Sonic the Hedgehog instead going through an elaborate level :p

DKehoe

I used to do this thing where I would make myself walk in synchronisation with the person I was walking next to

I like to organize stuff, like games, movies, etc., and after a while, I'll take them out and completely reorganize them either in a revised version of what I did, or a completely different method (ie, instead of alphabetical, I'd switch to "by quality").

McLovin

Is it strange that I find this..
Dice said:
I have short hair and rub my fingers through it a lot. Sometimes I just go on giving myself a scalp massage because it feels so good.
to be weirder then this...
Sniper McBlaze said:
Everytime I go to the toilet at home and take a monster dump I take a picture of my masterpiece. I have a folder on my computer with almost 50 pictures now.
I just get this image in my head of someone massaging their head until they orgasm :p

godhandiscen said:
Unless I am farther than one hour away, I'll drive home to take a shit.
Its really annoying for me because if I go out of town to visit family or go on vacation or something I always end up clogging the toilets when I give in :/

gprime

I'm pretty quiet and I never get angry, but I think I really have the potential to. A lot of times at work when I'm getting asked to do an unreasonable amount of work, or someone gives me attitude, I just think about the awesomest raging insults I could ever give. So now I dream of the perfect way of quitting.. of me just exploding into rage and going on a 20 minute rant with all of these pre-prepared insults. I've rehearsed it like 50 over in my head.

McLovin

gprime said:
I'm pretty quiet and I never get angry, but I think I really have the potential to. A lot of times at work when I'm getting asked to do an unreasonable amount of work, or someone gives me attitude, I just think about the awesomest raging insults I could ever give. So now I dream of the perfect way of quitting.. of me just exploding into rage and going on a 20 minute rant with all of these pre-prepared insults. I've rehearsed it like 50 over in my head.
Could you get a friend to video tape it and post it here when it happens? I would really like to see it.

Everdred

dustytruly said:
i can't look people in the eye when i talk to them

but i'm fully capable of staring at people for long periods of time from across the room
hey its me!
RyuHayate said:
I'm always making excuses to friends as to why I can't go out anywhere.

Edit: Oh, and I blush when a large group of people are looking at me.
Both of these too.

Formless

IamMattFox said:
When I'm alone in the car I'll put my elbow on the windowsill and my hand near my mouth so I can sing along with my music at stoplights without being noticed.

I once ate a block of Ramen that wasn't cooked.

I don't fake yawn, but I fake cough a lot.

I'm always the first to finish eating, no matter who I'm eating with.
I do this sometimes. It's actually not bad, at least for the brand I eat.

I don't like to use those urinals, I'll always go into the little stalls with doors even if I just need to piss.

I also sometimes imagine previous conversations again, except I change the scenario by saying either the best thing possible or the worst thing possible.

Grug said:
I demand more discussion on this, because I have a serious problem with this... it is a perfect summation of what I do, including the wincing and muttering under my breath. Sometimes it happens when I turn the light out at night to go to sleep, and I cant bear it to the point where I have to watch TV again for a while.

Seriously, I'm 27 years old and even have flashbacks to embarrassing things I did when I was 8 years old.

I try to tell myself that these things are ancient history, and even try to see the funny side... but it just doesnt work.

HALP!
Good to know I´m not alone in this. It wouldn´t be that annoying if my memory were good to remember good/useful things as it is to remember embarrassing/stupid things I said/did.

titiklabingapat said:
Hahaha, one weird thing about me is that I get turned on when the other party has some of thier clothes on :lol
Girl+top (or t-shirt)+no panties or girl+socks only = awesome hotness.

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
I am constantly organizing my pantry, like a few times a week. I always think it could look better. I spend more time organizing it than my videogame collection. A tidy pantry is a happy pantry!

http://i31.tinypic.com/t5j6g7.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That´s a freaking awesome pantry. Unless you beat your wife if she mess with it, no problem from me. :D

aznpxdd

Rezbit said:
I have fucked up dreams. Last night I dreamt I was on a mission with Jessica Alba to find an artifact for someone, and we had to go to this giant, enclosed rubbish dump in France (?!). I can even remember the horrid garbage smell as Jessica Alba and I were looking around. I remember saying "We have to make sure not to step in dog turds." Then we stealthily entered a secret room that had lots of old furniture and random trinkets. We found a treasure chest and ran off with it. Then one of my friends turned up, pulled out a phone and called in a helicopter. We all put on sunglasses as the helicopter arrived. Unfortunately then I woke up, so I will never know what was in that treasure chest!

You have a dream that includes you and Alba, yet no sex?!

Kodiak said:
I often will read an entire thread, then write a thought out/lengthy response. I'll then re-read it and edit it a few times, then delete the whole thing because I think no one on GAF gives a shit about anything I have to say.
I've do that in every thread I read. I only post maybe 2% of the time.

Madrin

I'm intrigued when a potential disaster is easily within my reach. When I'm driving, I have flashes of what would happen if I were to suddenly turn the steering wheel left and veer into oncoming traffic. When I'm holding something valuable, I think about what would happen if I dropped it and it broke on the floor. When I'm talking with somebody, I think of a comment I could say that would make them cry.

It's not that I want to do any of this stuff, it's just that I'm fascinated by how close I am to disaster at any given moment of the day.

Duke Togo

I'll think about a sentence...then spell it out in my head, count the number of letters, and try to get it to be exactly 15. I don't know y.

Also, I'll often be watching a tv commercial, and try and think of a way to insert total pandemonium into it. I.E. Turning a swiffer duster commercial into a 6 way brawl over a dead goat.

Zyzyxxz

Madrin said:
I'm intrigued when a potential disaster is easily within my reach. When I'm driving, I have flashes of what would happen if I were to suddenly turn the steering wheel left and veer into oncoming traffic. When I'm holding something valuable, I think about what would happen if I dropped it and it broke on the floor. When I'm talking with somebody, I think of a comment I could say that would make them cry.

It's not that I want to do any of this stuff, it's just that I'm fascinated by how close I am to disaster at any given moment of the day.

thats not really that weird. It is very common with many people, especially I.

I sometimes realize I have the power to take many lives while driving. I dont want to do it, but I am curious and predict the outcome in my head.

I've read an article once where a psychologist said its actually common for people who look over a ledge and think about jumping off because they are curious, not that they actually want to but they think about the possibilities

beelzebozo said:
love totino's party pizzas

jg48qf.jpg

i think it's the cube pepperoni. reminds me of high school cafeteria pizza, which i haven't stopped loving either
I like them too . . . and the sad thing is I know they are crap. That isn't even real cheese. I just like that crust. I tend to supplement them with my own cheese and that makes them a little better.

salva said:
Rehearse future conversations that i think i'm going to have
I do this too.

The only other one I can think of is that I will always sneeze when I walk outside on a sunny day. If the sun catches my eye I can't help it but I will sneeze everytime. Never fails.

Butane123

When I brush my teeth, I move my mouth in such a way that the noise of the brush comes off as a song. I just did it to the Gusty Gardens music from SMG.

I really can't think of anymore right now.

Innotech

Banned
I eat crickets and other bugs.
I sort out snack food according to size/shape/whether it is intact or broken
I hold a small plush Trex out the window and roar at people when I am riding in a friends car
I bite my nails until they bleed then I suck out the blood until it stops
oh and the whole dreaming about tornadoes 4 times a week thing.

pxleyes

Banned
I love popping zits and have my favorite "types" of zits to pop. I even pop the ones on my girlfriend and she does the same to me.

junker

-I have to constantly proofread everything I come across. If someone leaves a flier on my windshield, I will read it and find the slightest grammatical error or typo and make fun of it in my head. I'll point out my discoveries to people but most don't seem to care.

-I find everything embarrassing. A lot of people have been bringing this to my attention lately. For example, I won't go to the beach because I'm embarrassed to have to take my shirt off (I'm not fat) but going in the water with one's shirt on is embarrassing because...well, who the hell goes into the water with a shirt on?? It's a fucking paradox!

-I work in retail and I'll go out of my way to assist black people with their shopping. I feel like I'm doing a civil duty. I can't help that feeling.

Kodiak said:

:lol Same here.

junker said:
-I have to constantly proofread everything I come across. If someone leaves a flier on my windshield, I will read it and find the slightest grammatical error or typo and make fun of it in my head. I'll point out my discoveries to people but most don't seem to care.

-I find everything embarrassing. A lot of people have been bringing this to my attention lately. For example, I won't go to the beach because I'm embarrassed to have to take my shirt off (I'm not fat) but going in the water with one's shirt on is embarrassing because...well, who the hell goes into the water with a shirt on?? It's a fucking paradox!

-I work in retail and I'll go out of my way to assist black people with their shopping. I feel like I'm doing a civil duty. I can't help that feeling.

:lol Same here.
:lol sorry, but it's civic duty.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
pxleyes said:
I love popping zits and have my favorite "types" of zits to pop. I even pop the ones on my girlfriend and she does the same to me.
...Dude. I think this wins.

If I shake someones hand, I have to go wash my hands right away.
If someone touches me, I feel like I have there filth on me and have to take a shower.
I don't like people to touch me under any circumstances, if I don't know them really really really well.
If I see someone I know and I haven't seen them in like forever, I tend to walk away or get out of there sight.
I tend to be so blunt that It can cause people to feel offended, when I wasn't being offense to begin with.
I don't eat or sit at restaurants because I feel as thought everyones filth will get on me.
I never used bathrooms when I was in school, so I would hold my pee for like 7 hours till I got home, because I didn't want the germs to get on me.
I can't be by anyone who is deathly ill, that Is not my immediate family, because I get paranoid and start to freak out thinking I'm going to get what they have.

The list goes on, but yeah.

Tirade

placeholder
drknite said:
...Dude. I think this wins.

Then try this:

I use lancets to pop zits. If I can find a good seed or core of a zit, I'll wipe it onto the bottom of my mirror.

I have quite a collection.

Tirade said:
Then try this:

I use lancets to pop zits. If I can find a good seed or core of a zit, I'll wipe it onto the bottom of my mirror.

I have quite a collection.
Why? How do they tastes? I've never eaten zits.

gprime said:

Man, I wouldn't want to be the one that puts you over the top.

EverSoTrendy said:
If someone touches me, I feel like I have there filth on me and have to take a shower.
I don't like people to touch me under any circumstances, if I don't know them really really really well.
If I see someone I know and I haven't seen them in like forever, I tend to walk away or get out of there sight.
I tend to be so blunt that It can cause people to feel offended, when I wasn't being offense to begin with.
I don't eat or sit at restaurants because I feel as thought everyones filth will get on me.
I never used bathrooms when I was in school, so I would hold my pee for like 7 hours till I got home, because I didn't want the germs to get on me.
I can't be by anyone who is deathly ill, that Is not my immediate family, because I get paranoid and start to freak out thinking I'm going to get what they have.

That's a clear cut OCD, your dealing with it. (Unless I am mistaken)

McLovin

EverSoTrendy said:

Not trying to be funny but how do you have sex? Just ignore me if you don't want to answer.

ghibli99

When driving down the street, I'll tap my fingers on my steering wheel as each white dashline on the road passes me. So, a quick tap for the short dashlines, or I'll hold it there longer for the ones near an intersection/turn lanes/no passing zones. When I go through an intersection, I sometimes imagine myself playing Bump'n'Jump, with the car flying over the space with no dashlines (great old arcade game, BTW). There've been a couple posts in this thread that seem kinda similar (games/habits while driving).

McLovin said:
Not trying to be funny but how do you have sex? Just ignore me if you don't want to answer.

It's tough, I have to know the woman in and out, and I'm not just talking about a couple of dates. I'm talking about months, just to see what she is and what she appears to be. It's OCD, and it's real bad.

McLovin

EverSoTrendy said:
It's tough, I have to know the woman in and out, and I'm not just talking about a couple of dates. I'm talking about months, just to see what she is and what she appears to be. It's OCD, and it's real bad.
Man that's tough but at least you know you won't catch anything.

Swan Song

bune duggy said:
meh, I do too. Best itch you can get for the fingers. palm too.

You do not "itch" an itch, you scratch it. People commonly use the wrong word.

Scratch
Pronunciation:
\ˈskrach\
Function:
verb
Etymology:
Middle English scracchen, probably blend of scratten to scratch and cracchen to scratch
Date:
15th century

transitive verb1: to scrape or dig with the claws or nails 2: to rub and tear or mark the surface of with something sharp or jagged 3 a: to scrape or rub lightly (as to relieve itching) b: to act on (a desire) —used with itch<scratch the itch to travel>

Swan Song said:
You do not "itch" an itch, you scratch it. People commonly use the wrong word.

Scratch
Pronunciation:
\&#712;skrach\
Function:
verb
Etymology:
Middle English scracchen, probably blend of scratten to scratch and cracchen to scratch
Date:
15th century

transitive verb1: to scrape or dig with the claws or nails 2: to rub and tear or mark the surface of with something sharp or jagged 3 a: to scrape or rub lightly (as to relieve itching) b: to act on (a desire) —used with itch<scratch the itch to travel>
you're right. I don't know why I put itch...it doesn't even read correctly. der.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom