• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore Definitive Edition (officially) announced - August 29 / $19.99

Theorry

Holy shit those loadtimes.

Hello Far Eden Explorers!
After Sunday’s announcement about the Definitive Edition, sharing our blog post about some of the big changes to expect, and then reading all of your questions on our social channels, we decided to go ahead and dive a little bit deeper on the updates & new experiences you can expect to see in ReCore Definitive Edition.
Read below then make sure to follow us @ReCoreGame on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. We’ll see you on Aug 29th in Far Eden!

UPCOMING UPDATES & NEW ADVENTURES IN RECORE: DEFINITIVE EDITION

New Adventure

“Eye of Obsidian” is a brand new chapter in the ReCore story. Join the plucky Corebot, Violet, and journey into the permanent midnight of the “Starving Sea”, a previously unexplored region of Far Eden where ancient enemies plot their revenge on the last remnants of humankind!

New Companion

T8-NK Corebot (“Tank”)

New Areas to Explore

2 New Overworlds
10 New Dungeons
Dynamic sandstorms in Far Eden’s Shifting Sands regions. Brave the storms to defeat more dangerous enemies and earn more valuable loot.

New Weapon Modes

3 new weapon modes for Joule’s Energy Rifle (switch to these instead of the charge shot)

Load Times

When dying, reload times for combat encounters went from 30-60 seconds to < 5 seconds
Restarting traversals and arenas are now instantaneous (was a load before)
Optimized Level/Area Load Times

Prismatic Cores

Added P-Cores for additional game play rewards and made them show up on the map from greater distances
P-Core requirements fixed to a single value for the entire E-Tower. (Once you’re in the E-Tower, you no longer need additional cores.)

The Map

The Map displays everything that needs to be collected (audio logs, chests, prismatic cores)
The Map shows all visual parts of dungeon maps
Objective Markers improved
Map improvements (greater visual detail, better iconography, improved zoom functionality, more game elements show up like power cells, audio logs, etc)

Fast Travel

Fast Travel points now allow the player to complete Stash Transfers, Swap Cores and set their Companion Party Configuration without having to go back to the Sandcrawler
The player can now warp anywhere there is a Fast Travel node via the Map
Intra-Level (e.g. within The Cradle) fast travel warping is now instantaneous
Added a few new Fast Travel nodes (Granite Steps, Lonely Basin, The Cradle)

Gear

All new AoK gear for all Corebots
Armor stats now make each Set vastly different from one another & the Perks have been refined and polished
Blueprint Inventory now sorts by Armor Type, Color and LVL requirement

Combat

Improved the Combo Meter to encourage much higher combo amounts, with the ability to chain combos for a longer period of time.
At high combos (more than x10), the player now keeps some of the combo meter after using an extract!
Global weapon tuning, enemy health and damage balancing, and late game encounter improvements

General

Enhanced visuals (increased resolution and HDR support)
20 New Achievements and 500 gamerscore.
Increased level cap from 30 to 40
4 new bosses and Tank challenges
Various UX and Feedback fixes (Core Pulling HUD, Combo Counter feedback & wordsmithing, menu navigation)
Audio for pickups, combat feedback, rewards improved
Dialogue from Corebots and Violet is no longer in the Corebot language and is now readable

https://www.recoregame.com/upcoming-updates-new-adventures-recore-definitive-edition/

good things never happen to LATAM so if you're here, might as well bite it as it is now before they make it even more expensive for when the DE drops

We can buy US gift cards and change the console's region though. I did that to get Batman AK (because LATAM price was insane too) and it worked perfectly.

Subxero

I had wanted to play this but the initial word of mouth made me wait. The update looks like a good one. I picked up a copy from Best Buy for 15.99 with gcu since every copy will get the update.

I guess this must have not sold well originally because I got some kind of plush free with my order. My dog will be excited!

Zedox

The load times is godsend. I can't wait for the new stuff. But now i'm interested in getting all the cores.

good things never happen to LATAM so if you're here, might as well bite it as it is now before they make it even more expensive for when the DE drops

you are kidding right? they literally did 3 sales in recent months of this game at 50% discount in latam

Keinning

you are kidding right? they literally did 3 sales in recent months of this game at 50% discount in latam

50% of "way too expensive" is still expensive

8acri3h.jpg

would never pay 80 for recore in its broken state. now the waiting game starts to see how much expensive it will get since its fixed

jond76

Banned
This all sounds great. I hope this game is able to have a second wind like No Mans Sky has. Its a really good game.

50% of "way too expensive" is still expensive

would never pay 80 for recore in its broken state. now the waiting game starts to see how much expensive it will get since its fixed

ReCore has been at 400 MXN, this year, just like Forza Horizon 3 was at 600 MXN earlier this year (here in mexico)

The game is a good game, these changes make it excellent, and I understand your point, but saying that LATAM does not get discounts is just dumb, sorry

Keinning

The game is a good game, these changes make it excellent, and I understand your point, but saying that LATAM does not get discounts is just dumb, sorry

if you consider paying double than others sometimes because the game usually costs four times more and its "50% discounted" good then more power to you

sorry if i'm not jumping of joy when lego games cost only 100R$ instead of the usual 250R$ when they're like 5$ or less in USA.

DoctorDake

Neo Member
I was enjoying the original game a ton, but when I first reached the desert, ran into an impassable bug in that the entire desert floor had no collision, so I couldn't cross it without falling through the world. Tried for an hour to find a 'safe' path through the collision-less world and had to give up.

Assuming the new version has that fixed, I'm very excited to go back and try again.

Keinning

Good thing the Xbox One is region free and you can buy in every store with every currency you want (and can).

refusing to shop on the brazilian store and pumping all the money on the american one will never improve it

i want the store of my country to have decent prices so i can use my local currency. i don't want to jump through hoops every goddamn time because Warner is greedy

Understandable, but don't blame the game for it. It's also not the place for that.

I'm not blaming the game for it, just saying it never was worth the asking price before (because it was broken and incomplete) and i'll wait to see if it will be after. But yeah, enough of this small derail.

derFeef

refusing to shop on the brazilian store and pumping all the money on the american one will never improve it

i want the store of my country to have decent prices so i can use my local currency. i don't want to jump through hoops every goddamn time because Warner is greedy

Understandable, but don't blame the game for it. It's also not the place for that.

if you consider paying double than others sometimes because the game usually costs four times more and its "50% discounted" good then more power to you

sorry if i'm not jumping of joy when lego games cost only 100R$ instead of the usual 250R$ when they're like 5$ or less in USA.

the discount applied to games in USA is the same discount applied to games in latam, because it's by percentage

if a game is really expensive in your country, this is due to your currency and rights to publish, in physical games it depends by which company decides to publish the game

Holy shit those loadtimes.

Hello Far Eden Explorers!
After Sunday’s announcement about the Definitive Edition, sharing our blog post about some of the big changes to expect, and then reading all of your questions on our social channels, we decided to go ahead and dive a little bit deeper on the updates & new experiences you can expect to see in ReCore Definitive Edition.
Read below then make sure to follow us @ReCoreGame on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. We’ll see you on Aug 29th in Far Eden!

UPCOMING UPDATES & NEW ADVENTURES IN RECORE: DEFINITIVE EDITION

New Adventure

“Eye of Obsidian” is a brand new chapter in the ReCore story. Join the plucky Corebot, Violet, and journey into the permanent midnight of the “Starving Sea”, a previously unexplored region of Far Eden where ancient enemies plot their revenge on the last remnants of humankind!

New Companion

T8-NK Corebot (“Tank”)

New Areas to Explore

2 New Overworlds
10 New Dungeons
Dynamic sandstorms in Far Eden’s Shifting Sands regions. Brave the storms to defeat more dangerous enemies and earn more valuable loot.

New Weapon Modes

3 new weapon modes for Joule’s Energy Rifle (switch to these instead of the charge shot)

Load Times

When dying, reload times for combat encounters went from 30-60 seconds to < 5 seconds
Restarting traversals and arenas are now instantaneous (was a load before)
Optimized Level/Area Load Times

Prismatic Cores

Added P-Cores for additional game play rewards and made them show up on the map from greater distances
P-Core requirements fixed to a single value for the entire E-Tower. (Once you’re in the E-Tower, you no longer need additional cores.)

The Map

The Map displays everything that needs to be collected (audio logs, chests, prismatic cores)
The Map shows all visual parts of dungeon maps
Objective Markers improved
Map improvements (greater visual detail, better iconography, improved zoom functionality, more game elements show up like power cells, audio logs, etc)

Fast Travel

Fast Travel points now allow the player to complete Stash Transfers, Swap Cores and set their Companion Party Configuration without having to go back to the Sandcrawler
The player can now warp anywhere there is a Fast Travel node via the Map
Intra-Level (e.g. within The Cradle) fast travel warping is now instantaneous
Added a few new Fast Travel nodes (Granite Steps, Lonely Basin, The Cradle)

Gear

All new AoK gear for all Corebots
Armor stats now make each Set vastly different from one another & the Perks have been refined and polished
Blueprint Inventory now sorts by Armor Type, Color and LVL requirement

Combat

Improved the Combo Meter to encourage much higher combo amounts, with the ability to chain combos for a longer period of time.
At high combos (more than x10), the player now keeps some of the combo meter after using an extract!
Global weapon tuning, enemy health and damage balancing, and late game encounter improvements

General

Enhanced visuals (increased resolution and HDR support)
20 New Achievements and 500 gamerscore.
Increased level cap from 30 to 40
4 new bosses and Tank challenges
Various UX and Feedback fixes (Core Pulling HUD, Combo Counter feedback & wordsmithing, menu navigation)
Audio for pickups, combat feedback, rewards improved
Dialogue from Corebots and Violet is no longer in the Corebot language and is now readable

https://www.recoregame.com/upcoming-updates-new-adventures-recore-definitive-edition/

Perfect... :)

PaulloDEC

Wow, they put that extra year in development to good use! Can't wait to dig into the new overworlds, dungeons and bosses, and the QOL updates should make life a lot easier (especially for new players, god damn at that load time reduction!)

Guys, I asked this in the other thread without a response. Is there any benefit to buying a physical copy of the DE if I already have the original?

Kalnoky

Didn't end up playing it the first time around after all middling feedback, but will definitely give it a go with the relaunch at $20.

Top Bottom