• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ReCore |OT| Rock Your Core for a Prime Bot

So I am pretty much near the end of the game. A couple of days ago I cleared
floor 1 of the tower
, which was pretty tough at the time and there was a fight that had me nearly turn off the console. Since then I leveled up a bit and Joule is currently level 26. Is this high enough to tackle the rest of the game or should I level up some more? Health is currently at ~302 I believe.

And on the subject of leveling: Can you recommend a good grinding spot? I have been farming the level 22 arena dungeon in the middle of the shifting sands over and over, but it's starting to get pretty boring. -_-

I never felt like I had to do much grinding. That may be because I pretty much made it a goal to fully complete each dungeon before moving to the next. Some I had to come back to, but overall by focusing on that, I was leveling up without thinking much about it.

Level 26 should be fine. There are a lot of battles in the final tower that will probably bump you up another level or two before you reach the end.

...Since then I leveled up a bit and Joule is currently level 26. Is this high enough to tackle the rest of the game or should I level up some more? Health is currently at ~302 I believe...
You shouldn't have too much trouble beating the game at that level. the highest available arena dungeons all work though... Pit of Oblivion is also good cause it has tons of currency pickups so it's a good way to rake in that while you're at it.
I never felt like I had to do much grinding. That may be because I pretty much made it a goal to fully complete each dungeon before moving to the next. Some I had to come back to, but overall by focusing on that, I was leveling up without thinking much about it. Level 26 should be fine...
Agree that level 26 should be enough complete the final section of the main quest. Perhaps also worth noting the number of cores needed to finish the main quest (outlined in a previous post).
https://www.recoregame.com/community-challenge-cavern-rush/
...SO for our first challenge we have the dungeon “Cavern Rush”, this easy low level dungeon should be a breeze so bring your A game and see if you’re up for the challenge. Here’s our run below with the final dungeon time of 2min3seconds... Entries due by Tuesday 11/22 @ 11:59PM PT...

I did the challenge this morning using the Xbox app on my PC (first time, have to say it works quite seamlessly with the Xbox controller). Take a look:
ReCore Community Time Challenge - "Cavern Rush"

Nice! Footage like this (from the platforming dungeons in particular) makes a good impression on most folks, I would think. Wish they had started this type of contest sooner!
I wish Durante would fix this
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but isn't the potential for fixes limited at the moment? Unless ReCore comes to Steam at some point:
...you could try out reshade/sweetFX to sharpen the image like in these examples... But these tools don't work under UWP-Apps at all, since UWP is hiding the data-files...

...To me, a console is inherently more intrusive and restrictive than anything on PC (with the potential infamous exception of encrypted UWP... I mean, I haven't played anything on Uplay since Might & Magic X, but when I did I still had full control over my input devices, output resolution, rendering, framerate, and save files. And I could use most any 3rd party tool with it, including my own. Same for Origin or any other publisher-specific PC client...

EmiPrime

I impulse bought a physical copy instead of waiting for the digital sale. YOLO as the kids say.

Does anyone have any tips for keeping on top of core collection to avoid a lengthy end-game? Are there many cores for Mack to dig up and if so what should I look out for?

Just explore, and go do other things that aren't the main quest. There are dozens and dozens of cores around once you learn the signs: white patch in the sand is a dig spot (not all are cores), dungeons have 2/3+ cores usually, there are world puzzles and platforming with cores galore. Just don't mainline the story and you'll be fine. It's the best bit of the game imo, the exploring and collecting.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Just explore, and go do other things that aren't the main quest. There are dozens and dozens of cores around once you learn the signs: white patch in the sand is a dig spot (not all are cores), dungeons have 2/3+ cores usually, there are world puzzles and platforming with cores galore. Just don't mainline the story and you'll be fine. It's the best bit of the game imo, the exploring and collecting.

I'll keep that in mind.

Totally agree. I think aiming to 100% could drive you round the bend but allowing yourself to become distracted between main story missions and especially going back everywhere once you have
Seth
is the best way to play. I probably played through over a period of three weeks, just playing very leisurely.

I impulse bought a physical copy instead of waiting for the digital sale. YOLO as the kids say. Does anyone have any tips for keeping on top of core collection to avoid a lengthy end-game? Are there many cores for Mack to dig up and if so what should I look out for?

Totally agree. I think aiming to 100% could drive you round the bend but allowing yourself to become distracted between main story missions and especially going back everywhere once you have
Seth
is the best way to play. I probably played through over a period of three weeks, just playing very leisurely.

All good advice! Also recommend: Link 1 / Link 2 / Link 3 / Link 4

I would think it might also help to keep in mind the game's structure, as outlined this post: lets you know how many Prismatic Cores you'll need to advance to each of the 9 story segments, how many Cores are collectable within each of the 4 sections of the open/overworld, how many Cores you'll find in each of the 15 optional side dungeons, and so on. I should also mention: I think the Mack dig sites are actually dark/black in color, as mentioned in a previous post.

If folks interested in this game are able to play on PC, I would definitely recommend trying to get ahold of the digital version (Digital Foundry: X1 vs. 1060 vs 480). All load times were less than 15 seconds for me (on an SSD), and it looks like PC folks using a regular HDD actually had exactly the same load times (less than 15 seconds). I don't have an X1, and reports do seem to indicate that the three major patches (9/19/16, 10/5/16 & 11/15/16) have improved X1 load times, but it still sounds like they're well-behind the PC version.

Anyone else playing the XB1 version dealing with the issue I brought up earlier? Since installing the patch, whenever I finish a fight with enemies, the battle theme continues to play and won't stop until leaving the area. It completely kills the mood of the game.

Anyone else playing the XB1 version dealing with the issue I brought up earlier? Since installing the patch, whenever I finish a fight with enemies, the battle theme continues to play and won't stop until leaving the area. It completely kills the mood of the game.

Yeah, that would definitely be a bummer. Since you're still having the issue, I'd try tweeting at @RecoreGame & @Xboxsupport (the former is pretty responsive, and the latter will definitely respond) to see what they say, or at least submit a bug report at the support web site. Or perhaps try redownloading, if it's digital? Or deleting the patch and then reinstalling it, if not? Never had an X1 though, so don't try that if it sounds dangerous! Hopefully others will chime in.

Yeah, that would definitely be a bummer. Since you're still having the issue, I'd try tweeting at @RecoreGame & @Xboxsupport (the former is pretty responsive, and the latter will definitely respond) to see what they say, or at least submit a bug report at the support web site. Or perhaps try redownloading, if it's digital? Or deleting the patch and then reinstalling it, if not? Never had an X1 though, so don't try that if it sounds dangerous! Hopefully others will chime in.

Thanks. I'll try deleting the game and reinstalling it.

I think that happened a bunch of times during my play through, I just chalked it up to the buggy nature of the game. It is what it is.

? There have been 3 (I think) patches that have fixed numerous issues with the game. Some remain, some have evidently risen anew, but I've still put in 20+ hours.

So, I hope a real patch comes out eventually. What a shame.

Yeah, this game is a buggy mess. I just finished it and while I enjoyed it overall, it has quite a few large flaws, some of them in the design and structure of the game itself and many of them due to technical issues. This is a decent game that could have been something special. Still glad I played it, but it turned out to not be nearly as good as my initial impressions lead me to believe.

Qwark

Digital version (which supports cross-buy I think) is $20 at Best Buy right now. You guys think it will get cheaper? The physical version will be $15, but that doesn't have cross-buy... I'd probably play it on XB1 mostly, but I like the option of playing it on PC.

Izuna

Banned
Digital version (which supports cross-buy I think) is $20 at Best Buy right now. You guys think it will get cheaper? The physical version will be $15, but that doesn't have cross-buy... I'd probably play it on XB1 mostly, but I like the option of playing it on PC.

oh nice, i can buy my own copy now <3

Sydle

Every time I see a new comment in this thread I hope it's announcing the last framebot. I wonder if they're even working on it any more.

muzzymate

Both digital (with Cross Play) and physical are now $15 on the MicrosoftStore.com website. Took the plunge on this game for that

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/ReCore-for-Xbox-One/productID.5059012200

Roboculus

Every time I see a new comment in this thread I hope it's announcing the last framebot. I wonder if they're even working on it any more.

Yeah I've been holding out on getting the game until this. I'm definitely interested in the $15 digital deal the microsoft store has but I really don't wanna jump into the game until they've patched it some more and added in this extra content (which they have implied will come at some point but who knows when).

I feel like it may be some time before the digital version is on sale again (which is the one I want) but since there is absolutely no time frame for when that extra content could come (could be months from now for all I know), I'm very hesitant.

I'm not too interested in jumping in until then (assuming it happens eventually) so I'll probably wait.

Hey, haven't checked in on this game since it was released.

Have there been any updates to the Xbox One version to address bugs, framerate and load times?

Sydle

Yeah I've been holding out on getting the game until this. I'm definitely interested in the $15 digital deal the microsoft store has but I really don't wanna jump into the game until they've patched it some more and added in this extra content (which they have implied will come at some point but who knows when).

I feel like it may be some time before the digital version is on sale again (which is the one I want) but since there is absolutely no time frame for when that extra content could come (could be months from now for all I know), I'm very hesitant.

I'm not too interested in jumping in until then (assuming it happens eventually) so I'll probably wait.

The performance issues aren't that terrible and there's more than enough to do to justify $15. I put 20 hours into the game and I want more.

kevin1025

Banned
Oh hey, it's showing up as $25 on the Windows Store now here in Canada. No need for fake US addresses and such for the digital code! Finally I can jump in on this one!

danowat

Banned
Anyone got any tips for a new player?

I am about halfway through the second mission and I can't help thinking that I've missed something because I seem to be collecting a lot of stuff that I have no idea what they are.

Is snatching the core off every enemy the goal? Or is it not really an issue if you don't.

I am hoping that crafting/upgrading and mats are explained a little more further in.

I can't help but think there should be some kind of dodge move, the combat feels a little stiff and passive, and not very reactive, the movement set is fine for platforming but not great for combat.

Otherwise it's pretty good, apart from the framerate, texture streaming and the fact I keep falling through the floor into a bottomless abyss!

Teggy

I am about halfway through the second mission and I can't help thinking that I've missed something because I seem to be collecting a lot of stuff that I have no idea what they are.

Is snatching the core off every enemy the goal? Or is it not really an issue if you don't.

I am hoping that crafting/upgrading and mats are explained a little more further in.

I can't help but think there should be some kind of dodge move, the combat feels a little stiff and passive, and not very reactive, the movement set is fine for platforming but not great for combat.

Otherwise it's pretty good, apart from the framerate, texture streaming and the fact I keep falling through the floor into a bottomless abyss!

You want to mix between taking cores and outright destroying, because cores are used for upgraded powers but parts are used to build new frames.

Anyone got any tips for a new player? ...I seem to be collecting a lot of stuff that I have no idea what they are. Is snatching the core off every enemy the goal? Or is it not really an issue if you don't. I am hoping that crafting/upgrading and mats are explained a little more further in. I can't help but think there should be some kind of dodge move...
From an earlier post:
All good advice! Also recommend: Link 1 / Link 2 / Link 3 / Link 4. I would think it might also help to keep in mind the game's structure, as outlined this post: lets you know how many Prismatic Cores you'll need to advance to each of the 9 story segments, how many Cores are collectable within each of the 4 sections of the open/overworld, how many Cores you'll find in each of the 15 optional side dungeons, and so on...

Phloxy's review also had a helpful video summary/illustration of the combat, from 3:36-5:36: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIgtjXrh8kg&t=3m36s

PaulloDEC

What Teggy said, first and foremost. Sometimes grab cores, other times just wreck your enemies for parts.

The things you'll be finding in the game are as follows:

Prismatic Cores - used to unlock doors and access dungeons
Cores - used to power up your Corebots' stats
E-Turner - a currency needed to assemble new Corebot parts
Parts - used to assemble new Corebot parts

As for a dodge move, your (B) dash can be used in any direction, and should be your best friend in combat.

What Teggy said, first and foremost. Sometimes grab cores, other times just wreck your enemies for parts. The things you'll be finding in the game are as follows:
Prismatic Cores - used to unlock doors and access dungeons
Cores - used to power up your Corebots' stats
E-Turner - a currency needed to assemble new Corebot parts
Parts - used to assemble new Corebot parts

The IGN Wiki/Guide has some additional detail, in case folks are interested: http://www.ign.com/wikis/recore/Crafting

TheKeyPit

Banned
How does the core-grabbing for enemies work? What's with the red line? I somehow missed the info text on that one during the trial and it was hit and miss for me because of that.

danowat

Banned
How does the core-grabbing for enemies work? What's with the red line? I somehow missed the info text on that one during the trial and it was hit and miss for me because of that.
It's like fishing, the red denotes over stressing the line, so back off when it's red.

fantomena

Finished the game today. Bought it for 16$ from MS Store. Overall an enjoyable experience. Didn't like the ending very much though. Used 6,25 hours. Only played the story missions, didn't do any side-dungeons and stuff. Not sure if it's worth doing them. Don't have all the time in the world.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Finished the game today. Bought it for 16$ from MS Store. Overall an enjoyable experience. Didn't like the ending very much though. Used 6,25 hours. Only played the story missions, didn't do any side-dungeons and stuff. Not sure if it's worth doing them. Don't have all the time in the world.

From what I've read, that is probably the exact reason why you didn't like the end of the game.

How did you get enough cores to complete the game that quickly?

Out of curiosity, I looked at the 'playtime' for the last 5 folks at True Achievements who managed to complete ReCore's story (i.e., those folks who are the most recent to have unlocked the 'story complete' achievement). Each of these folks completed ReCore's story earlier today:

• 32hrs, 12mins (34 out of 53 achievements / 64% overall completion)
  • 25hrs, 28mins (34 out of 53 achievements / 64% overall completion)
  • 107hrs, 56mins (53 out of 53 achievements / 100% overall completion)
  • 19hrs, 28mins (34 out of 53 achievements / 64% overall completion)
  • 28hrs, 35mins (38 out of 53 achievements / 72% overall completion)
Out of the 27,135 members of True Achievements who own ReCore, 8% of them (2,112 members) have completed the story, compared to 2% of the (ReCore-owning) Xbox community as a whole. Interesting stuff! Though perhaps others here are able to dig more deeply into the data.

EDIT 1 (11/28/16): Looks like nine additional True Achievements members have earned the 'story complete' achievement since my post yesterday (2,121 in total). The 5 most recent folks to do so:

• 22hrs, 3mins (35 out of 53 achievements / 66% overall completion)
  • 51hrs, 5mins (38 out of 53 achievements / 72% overall completion)
  • 22hrs, 23mins (39 out of 53 achievements / 74% overall completion)
  • 38hrs, 7mins (40 out of 53 achievements / 75% overall completion)
  • 33hrs, 10mins (36 out of 53 achievements / 68% overall completion)
EDIT 2: (11/29/16): Looks like eleven additional True Achievements members have earned the 'story complete' achievement since my post yesterday (2,132 in total). The 5 most recent folks to do so:
  • 25hrs, 49mins (36 out of 53 achievements / 68% overall completion)
  • 20hrs, 17mins (35 out of 53 achievements / 66% overall completion)
  • 20hrs, 21mins (41 out of 53 achievements / 77% overall completion)
  • 88hrs, 44mins (50 out of 53 achievements / 94% overall completion)
  • 23hrs, 51mins (42 out of 53 achievements / 79% overall completion)
EDIT 3: (11/29/16): Looks like six additional True Achievements members have earned the 'story complete' achievement since my last post (2,138 in total). The 5 most recent folks to do so:
  • 43hrs, 59mins (53 out of 53 achievements / 100% overall completion)
  • 24hrs, 4mins (38 out of 53 achievements / 72% overall completion)
  • 23hrs, 47mins (34 out of 53 achievements / 64% overall completion)
  • 24hrs, 55mins (40 out of 53 achievements / 75% overall completion)
  • 29hrs, 10mins (36 out of 53 achievements / 68% overall completion)
EDIT 4: (12/01/16): Looks like twenty-four additional True Achievements members have earned the 'story complete' achievement since my last post (2,162 in total). The 5 most recent folks to do so:
  • 27hrs, 22mins (32 out of 53 achievements / 60% overall completion)
  • 24hrs, 0mins (42 out of 53 achievements / 79% overall completion)
  • 23hrs, 27mins (49 out of 53 achievements / 92% overall completion)
  • 27hrs, 44mins (53 out of 53 achievements / 100% overall completion)
  • 17hrs, 49mins (37 out of 53 achievements / 70% overall completion)

Top Bottom