• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Fall 2017, PS4/XB1, Trailer 10/20 @ 11 AM EST) announced

What will ultimately anger people the most about this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.

PnCIa

Just in time for my replay of RDR. Started a few days ago, perfect timing.

I really, really hope they dont fuck it up. RDR was Rockstars best game. It had silent moments, it took its time. It had amazing music. A good story for a video game.

On top of all of this: It was actually fun to play for long stretches of time.

shandy706

VAGINA and BLACKS

Bishoptl, straight to the point.

I can't imagine having to read through all those pages for moderation. I do not envy the mods...whew.

Anyway, I really want to see how Abigail comes into this. I'm also curious as to WHEN this takes place with the gang. Is this 1906 or is this going to kick off with Marston being taken on by the eventual gang leader, and raised to a point where we start playing early on in the gang..

..guessing the trailer might give us at least a hint...hopefully!

dreamfall

My gut feeling is that it'll be all new characters. Maybe a cameo or two with younger versions of Redemption characters, but I don't think it'll be about Marston or Dutch's gang.

Could be totally wrong, I just think R* prefers to focus on new characters with each game.

What if we're playing as part of the lawmen trying to track down the gang, one by one? I kind of prefer seeing life as an outlaw, I want flawed and evil women and men to play as. People like Dutch, trying to follow their own rules against society to create something better, but failing. The more complex and sinister the better !

Still hoping it's a set of new characters.

It probably will be, but I'm hoping for a concentration on members of the gang we didn't really know. Even Escuella and Marston being left for dead, I want to know more!

Necron

Happy that another Red Dead Redemption is coming out. I loved everything about the 1st one. The question is now if it's a sequel or a prequel...

Furyous

Reckless Speculation and hope below:

This will more than likely have an online component to confirm to the software as a service model of earning money by adding online content.

Please set this in the modern era. It would add much needed depth to the story but ground it in the modern era.

Hunting and crafting mechanics need to come back with vengeance. I love the idea of hunting animals and making new gear.

Please be as epic as GTA V.

Let us purchase businesses and earn money from them to buy more stuff.

What if we're playing as part of the lawmen trying to track down the gang, one by one? I kind of prefer seeing life as an outlaw, I want flawed and evil women and men to play as. People like Dutch, trying to follow their own rules against society to create something better, but failing. The more complex and sinister the better !

I don't wanna play as a failure!

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Very happy to see the sequel confirmed. It's a shame that the PC version will lag behind again but I usually double dip on Rockstar games anyway. Can't wait to see that trailer!

Scotia

Banned
Glad to see we're back in business. Hope the thread doesn't get closed again.

Are we back on? Was it a massive graveyard?

I really wonder if we're playing as Dutch. I wonder if Abigail joins the crew later in the game. And how young Marston was before he reformed.

It think it'd be awesome if we play as Dutch, but part me thinks we might be playing as a new character who either is part of the gang or ends up in the gang.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
On topic, i just can't wait for the official soundtrack.

I still listen to RDR album a couple times a year. And the collector's red vinyl is f* awesome.

shandy706

This will more than likely have an online component to confirm to the software as a service model of earning money by adding online content.

Please set this in the modern era. It would add much needed depth to the story but ground it in the modern era.

Hunting and crafting mechanics need to come back with vengeance. I love the idea of hunting animals and making new gear.

What if we can create our own farms/small Old West Towns and develop them "sims(ok..more Fallout 4)" style on top of having a full "multiplayer" world. Like the farm/small town is the hub that your house/office is in GTA V!!

ODDI

sOoVAFH.jpg
Found this earlier if that's really John he looks so bad ass man.

Given the seeming Magnificent Seven inspiration, I wouldn't surprised if the set pieces missions were more like GTA V heist, and you get to play as different memebers to use their different skills. Also maybe drop-in co-op

heckfu

Banned
I guess Besada didn't get off enough from seemingly pointless bans and opened this bad boy back up.

One person literally said "a multicultural gang isn't historically accurate" and got banned with the message that "he should study more history and now that he's banned for a month he'll have the time to do so."

Awesome job everyone, really proud of the discourse we're allowed to have (JK, we can't even have a little discussion that's 100% genuine and non-threatening without someone getting banned because it doesn't go with the insane hivemind logic).

UrbanRats

Given the seeming Magnificent Seven inspiration, I wouldn't surprised if the set pieces missions were more like GTA V heist, and you get to play as different memebers to use their different skills. Also maybe drop-in co-op
How do you even handle 7 characters in the open world? If there are 7 characters, youll probably wont use more than 3.

Euron

On topic, i just can't wait for the official soundtrack.

I still listen to RDR album a couple times a year. And the collector's red vinyl is f* awesome.
YES

Far Away is one of the best songs in a game I've heard and it made the ride into Mexico absolutely incredible. Can't wait to see what they have next.

shandy706

I guess Besada didn't get off enough from seemingly pointless bans and opened this bad boy back up.

One person literally said "a multicultural gang isn't historically accurate" and got banned with the message that "he should study more history and now that he's banned for a month he'll have the time to do so."

Awesome job everyone, really proud of the discourse we're allowed to have (JK, we can't even have a little discussion that's 100% genuine and non-threatening without someone getting banned because it doesn't go with the insane hivemind logic).

Directly message a mod if you need to discuss a ban.

Edit* Also, the person that said that is completely wrong. One of the rustlers with Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kids was black I believe. I love old west (history) stuff, therefore RDR and RDR2 are like my dream games. Many gangs had multicultural members/interactions.

should have been something besides rdr 2, oh well that's a minor complaint and I see why they would from a marketing standpoint. Just hope the game doesn't deal with Jack, or at the very least gets an older voice actor for him. Also they better get rid of tap A to sprint, they fixed it in FPS mode in GTA V but not third person mode.

That being said, yeah Rockstar released 3 of some of my favorites last gen with RDR, Max Payne 3 and GTA V so I'm there day 0. Hell I might even get the CE if it's nice.

Warablo

I hope it's new characters. I like the GTA method for the most part in terms of a new protag every game with not too many references to the old ones.

I also would like multiple characters, but no more than 3-4.

I also hope RDR online is expanded and good. With various horses, clothing, stables, farms/houses and heists like train robberies. At the same time I don't want it to be a crazy grind to encourage Shark cards, but who am I kidding?

Jawmuncher

It's nice seeing EST as well the standard time in a announcement. Don't give PST any breathing room, since they're stuck in the past.

I'm one of the ones really fucking disappointed with Rockstar (for now) but I can't see myself not getting this game. I bought Red Dead Redemption three times.

I literally jumped of my chair and screamed in excitement when I was scrolling down my twitter and saw the announcement image then I went to GAF to look for the thread but there was nothing, which was really bizarre, glad the thread is back after all those ignorant post where cleaned up.

But to add to the discussion, Read Dead Redemption 2 is not the name I would've preferred. It implies that Jack Marston is somehow involved mabye? I really wanted a new beginning without the Redemption baggage, maybe even in my country Mexico (lots of cool stories this side of the border too) but well I trust Rockstar to deliver.

But I really, really, want a PC release of both of the previews entries in the series, a plus if their actually remastered with some trophies for Revolver and or some new enhancements. Fingers crossed it happens!

RoKKeR

Got out of a half-day interview just now and this announcement is really sinking in. It's finally happened! Couldn't be more excited, this has just become my most anticipated game of all time.

I am surprised they went with RDR 2 as the name, but not as much after that quote a few years back about how they considered "Red Dead Redemption a permanent franchise."

Top Bottom