• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 (Fall 2017, PS4/XB1, Trailer 10/20 @ 11 AM EST) announced

What will ultimately anger people the most about this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.

J.G.

Neo Member
Speaking of controls...

I sure fucking hope Rockstar has taken off the goddamn training wheels for this game and HAS NOT designed it around auto-aim, like RDR1 and GTAV. It's so obvious when you select free-aim, every encounter just becomes a pain.

Personally, although I do not like how R*'s games control, I can deal with it, but at least give me that.

Also, balance red eye more. That shit was broken.

God this is the worst. What's the point in making gunplay handle better when you're fighting against what amounts to aimbots?

On the title, I imagine they realized that if they tried to use a different "R" word for every title, they have "Retribution", and then dumber and dumber subsequent titles

Red Dead Revolution
Red Dead Revelation...

Speaking of controls...

I sure fucking hope Rockstar has taken off the goddamn training wheels for this game and HAS NOT designed it around auto-aim, like RDR1 and GTAV. It's so obvious when you select free-aim, every encounter just becomes a pain.

Personally, although I do not like how R*'s games control, I can deal with it, but at least give me that.

I loved the manual aim for on foot combat. Where it became almost broken was with combat on horseback, you had to take your thumb off the button that keeps your horse moving to aim. Wasn't an issue with lock on because it was so quick and snappy, but with manual if you spent more than a couple seconds lining up shots your horse would freaking stop/slow to a crawl

Yeah I'm not sure a game where you go on foot / horseback needs to be much larger than GTAV. Just being on slower transportation alone will make it feel bigger. Don't get get me wrong if they want to blow it up even further I'd be down though.

duckroll

Speaking of controls...

I -STRONGLY- disagree with this. I feel that without the auto-aim, the shooting controls are basically unusable. Well, let me clarify. When I disagree, I'm not disagreeing that a shooting scheme similar to what we all expect from a game with shooting in the year 2016 would not be better. It would. But I am simply unconvinced that Rockstar is capable of understanding the requirements of that in an open world game, and I would rather they stick with something that works, even if it doesn't work very well, than try to make something that could be FAR worse.

dreamfall

Speaking of controls...

I don't know I mean on console it definitely feels like it was designed for aim assist but on PC, playing Kb/m feels beautiful. Encounters don't feel cumbersome and online battles are great. Switching to free aim on console always feels better, I just hope they don't split their community in half like they always seem to.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Bah, I was hoping it'd be first half of 2017. So far away. I'm skeptical about the heavy online focus as well. That's not what I want from Rockstar games.

Justified

Has this been posted yet?? (Didnt come up in a search)

Oh God lol. I want to believe R* push up the announcement based on this

ZubxM4T.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/co...demption_2_coming_fall_2017/d8x4whl?context=3

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yeeeeah the lack of diversity has absolutely deflated my hype.

Shit, I though at the bare minimum they'd throw in a singular white chick just to check off the the "see, we're totally inclusive!" box. Nope... not even that. 7 potential playable characters and all of them are gruff old white dudes. Like, damn...

I'm really hoping we're missing something here and the trailer will reveal the truth. Really hoping.

dreamfall

Are we back on? Was it a massive graveyard?

I really wonder if we're playing as Dutch. I wonder if Abigail joins the crew later in the game. And how young Marston was before he reformed.

Are we back on? Was it a massive graveyard?

I really wonder if we're playing as Dutch. I wonder if Abigail joins the crew later in the game. And how young Marston was before he reformed.

Seems like we are back on business.

This whole hype session gave me the urge to play some RDR again. But there is no PS3 in sight.

I know it is pretty much impossible because of the "code held together by gaffer tape", but would be amazing if we got a remaster of the first one.

Fjordson

My gut feeling is that it'll be all new characters. Maybe a cameo or two with younger versions of Redemption characters, but I don't think it'll be about Marston or Dutch's gang.

Could be totally wrong, I just think R* prefers to focus on new characters with each game.

UrbanRats

Bummed by the idea of it being about John's posse, but if the guy voicing him is out of VA for good, they'd be dumb to have John again, unless he's much younger.

Fjordson

Bummed by the idea of it being about John's posse, but if the guy voicing him is out of VA for good, they'd be dumb to have John again, unless he's much younger.
One of the reasons I think it'll be new characters. Marston's VA quit the business a few years ago.

Top Bottom