• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy Registers Trademark for "Alan Wake's Return"

PaulloDEC

rQIb.gif

Dunno what this is yet, but any Alan Wake news is good news.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I hope the PC version releases simultaneously with the Xbone version... just like Quantum Break.

This isn't port begging, we know a PC version is definitely coming.

exoddus21

Neo Member
I would have gone with Alan Wake: Alan Wakes Up.

Seriously, really hyped with this, loved the first one and American Nightmare. Interested in seeing where they go story wise and how does the gameplay end being.

Alienous

I say this every Alan Wake 2 info thread, but I don't think I've ever seen a developer so openly anxious to start their next game when they still have one to release.

Bgamer90

Banned
Always assumed that a current gen Alan Wake was a reason as to why people can get Alan Wake with Quantum Break for free (not just MS being nice); Felt that it was part of a larger plan to get more people familiar with the series to lead up to a new game. Guess we'll find out soon.

derFeef

I say this every Alan Wake 2 info thread, but I don't think I've ever seen a developer so openly anxious to start their next game when they still have one to release.

I feel like Alan Wake is remedys "darling franchise". It fits them so well. I also believe they started working on a new AW protoype actually a while ago. I would not be surprised if an announcement is not too far out.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
American Nightmare I think had a much better villain than Alan Wake, the Arcade Mode was surprisingly good, the more open environments were interesting, and the new enemies were fun.

But it did lack in the atmosphere, narrative,and kind of the quirky charm of the original. I think it succeeded as a small, little more action-y spin-off, but I did enjoy the main game more.

I do hope Mr. Scratch returns, and some of the things he hinted at towards the end of American Nightmare are exciting (when he talks about
the great and terrible beings that are awakening in the Darkness, or something along those lines
).

KORNdoggy

i really don't want to play as alan wake again. i found him to be a bit of a jerk...hopefully you play as someone likable and alan is just a part of it in the background somewhere.

derFeef

i really don't want to play as alan wake again. i found him to be a bit of a jerk...hopefully you play as someone likable and alan is just a part of it in the background somewhere.

He is, but no. You are always wrong about Alan Wake, though.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Return by Alan Wake: Chapter 1 - The Ocean. Hopefully this is actually leading to something. I'm always looking forward to more Alan Wake.

Top Bottom