• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster |OT| Rediscover the evil.

This game looks bloody amazing on PS4. Is it seriously exactly the same on PS3, except 720p?

Yes. That's about it really. Besides the resoluion difference, they both use the same assets. I honestly believe the PS3/360 versions could perform at a stable 30FPS at 1080p also, but ya know, marketing.

//ARCANUM

I'm downloading now on Xbox One. Nearly 40% done and it still hasn't given me ready to start. Do not all games have a ready to start %?

Playing 4:3, 1080p 60fps. All things considered, they've done an awesome job on this port. People bitching that it can't go higher than 60 fps or 1080p are kind of missing the point I think. 60 is twice what I figured we'd ever see. Going much higher than 1080p would just further over stretch the back grounds.

This is the best version of a fantastic game, and it's finally on a platform (PC) that will ensure that we can all still easily replay it in ten or twenty years time. Hooray that they didn't leave out type C controls (although they're now type E... whatever... they're still the best).

Given that they only had low res videos and backgrounds to work with (and that's a real shame), they've done a stellar job remastering this. Yeah the 16:9 option and the 'new' controls are jank, but the game would get flak without them, so fair enough.

Between this and the slowly progress RE4 PC version with Crisdecuda's texture mod (which, is beautiful) we're slowly reclaiming this series on PC. Hopefully 2, 3 and CVX will get decent PC versions too, if not remasters.

PC for posterity.

The attention to detail in Mikami games always gets me. I blew a zombies head off that I had stabbed in the skull with a knife, and the knife dropped down to the ground where I was able to reclaim it.

Anyways. Time to play more.

Gurish

Guys what is the file size of the game on PS4 (US version)? I hear people say 23 GB and mine was only 15 when i pre-loaded it.

Yes. That's about it really. Besides the resoluion difference, they both use the same assets. I honestly believe the PS3/360 versions could perform at a stable 30FPS at 1080p also, but ya know, marketing.

Wow, that's amazing. My friend is a PS3 owner who loves this game but is on the fence. He should definitely hop it.

I'm a little rusty since it's been so long but the game holds up amazingly still. Half of the
death masks
collected with 60 handgun rounds and a shotty :)

edit: also, anyone got 4k shots? How's it look?

KyleCross

I'm having... a very unusual problem.

The cutscene audio is out of sync. The characters mouths and subtitles are not in sync with the dialogue at all. The cutscenes are soundless .wmv files that the game mixes with the proper sound files. Why is the game doing a shitty job at that for me?

Played 1 hour and 45 minutes on the PS4... forget about all the pictures and videos you saw, the game looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G on the screen.

Exceeded all my expectations :O

This game is so beautiful that it's so hard to believe it's a 13 years old.. truly a timeless beauty <3

Can you tell me where in the dining hall there is an item box? I have explored all the accessible areas and havent found a save room.

There isn't one in the dining room. There's one not too far from there though. Make sure to examine your items like keys when you pick them up, they'll help you identify which doors you can unlock.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Anyone know why the PS4 version is on the store but not purchasable for me? On the console itself and the web store it just says overview and doesn't let me do anything else.

Dahbomb

Minus some upscaled textures the game looks great. Atmosphere and art direction is top notch.

The new controls are basically like playing DMC1 in terms of running around in the environment. You kinda lose out on the walk backwards function but it's highly playable.

And for those who are about to reprimand me for this, I have already beaten RE1 on PS1/GCN with tank controls along with a bunch of other RE clones (Dino Crisis in particular, I am pretty sure I can speed run DC2).

Can you tell me where in the dining hall there is an item box? I have explored all the accessible areas and havent found a save room.

To get to the first save room with an item box:

get the sword key from outside (use the arrow head to go down there) then go back to the door beside the statue with the map, go through there and down the hall. Eventually you should find it in that area.

Guys what is the file size of the game on PS4 (US version)? I hear people say 23 GB and mine was only 15 when i pre-loaded it.

Anyone know why the PS4 version is on the store but not purchasable for me? On the console itself and the web store it just says overview and doesn't let me do anything else.

According to Capcom, the 23 GB is collectively the crossplay versions for the PS3 and PS4 in one download. It's only available to those who preordered the game from the PS Store. My guess is that another version sans PS3 will be available on the PS4 store shortly, which is likely the smaller 15 GB file you're referring to.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Got it off Steam. Gave it a twirl.

All those Gamecube nostalgia feels. Now I just need Zero HD.

In case you haven't seen the news, you might actually be in luck.

The original preview image for the Resident Evil HD Remaster Theme on PS4(or PS3?) had a RE0 HD Remaster icon in the games section.

Once people pointed it out the preview image for the theme was very quickly changed.

Gurish

According to Capcom, the 23 GB is collectively the crossplay versions for the PS3 and PS4 in one download. It's only available to those who preordered the game from the PS Store. My guess is that another version sans PS3 will be available on the PS4 store shortly, which is likely the smaller 15 GB file you're referring to.

Thanks for the clarification.

Don't make this mistake people!

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2015/019/6/3/re_psa_by_aloooo81-d8eneib.pngIMG]

They are not "Hard, Normal, Easy!" The difficulties are "Normal, Easy, Very Easy!" The top was the default normal difficulty in the original game![/QUOTE]
How do I check what difficulty I selected? I forgot

All I need now is CVX and 0, then we can hopefully get versions of 2 and 3. Think Capcom would just 3D model the games, leave them the same otherwise, and bundle them together? Or am I crazy in hoping for this?

In case you haven't seen the news, you might actually be in luck.

The original preview image for the Resident Evil HD Remaster Theme on PS4(or PS3?) had a RE0 HD Remaster icon in the games section.

Once people pointed it out the preview image for the theme was very quickly changed.
Oh I've seen the news. I'm just waiting for Capcom to inject in my veins like I'm on death row in Tennessee.

drotahorror

Where are all of the PS share & PC grabs.

here's a couple I just took, PC version

bhd2015-01-2002-11-59yajxh.jpg

bhd2015-01-2002-02-50s2k5v.jpg

burgerdog

I can't get over how good the game looks. I was fearing the worst when people were freaking out over the first few screenshots but boy is it pretty in person.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Game looks great at 1080p 60. I started up as Chris on the hardest difficulty with the new control scheme. Went with 4:3 aspect ratio, though. Pan & Scan is not for me.

KyleCross

So beyond the audio desync in cutscenes (I realized the cutscenes in the movie folder are pre-rendered, I'm having issue with in-game cutscenes) the game also slows down for me in certain instances of dynamic light, like when you enter the perspective skewed hallway leading into the room with the birdcage.

Don't tell me the game is being bottlenecked by my system? I see no other signs of dropped performance outside of in-game cutscenes and these instances of heavy light.

Top Bottom