• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2: The Official Thread of Mankind's Last Stand

Super LTTP... just finished this. I tend not to be the biggest FPS player, but I really liked it. I know it is going to sound like absolute insanity (and I am certainly not saying this just to go against the grain), but I preferred it over Killzone 2, Gears of War (pretty different I know - but it's a shooter), and Call of Duty MW 1 and 2. I had already slightly prefered KZ1 over KZ2, so I guess I like something in shooters that most people don't like - but I am not sure what it is (the 'it's easy, you like shitty shooters' joke is too easy, so please don't go there :)).
It's the perfect level of difficulty for me, feels hectic and very aggressive. The weapons are decently original (auger <3) (in their implementation - not talking conceptually original ala redneck rampage). I don't know. I am not a big MP player, but I might try it sometime.

Dirtyshubb said:
After 3 was revealed it made me want to go back and get the 10k kills trophy which is all i have left for the Platinum, i havent played R2 in like over a year but i was glad there is still a pretty good community for it.

I have just under 7,000 kills at the moment, trying to get at least 200-250 kills a day so hopefully i will have my plat withing 2 weeks, i think i may have spent the most time playing R2 this gen.

The 3 Competitive ones are all I have left. Eventually I'll go get them, I know it's going to take forever though for the 10k.

MrPliskin

Banned
nskinnear said:
I guess this never happened?

Would you guys still be interested in a few games tonight?

I've been online every Friday @ 5pm. I don't know how much interest we can drum up here at HaterGAF, but at least a few people should be fine, right?

jmdajr

Finally got this game. It's pretty cool. I go back and forth between which has a more fun campaign..killzone or this.

Almost at the end and I barely found out that my weapons have functions I didn't know existed. :lol "oooooooh, so I zoom in the sniper with the dpad!"

JB1981

I tried to play this game on my 80 gb last night and it refused to play. This is the second game I have had this problem w/ on my PS3, the first being Uncharted 2. No matter what I did - delete save date, delete patch data .. restart ... disconnected from PSN .. redownload two patches .. restart .. restart .. the game just dies after the Insomniac logo ... i guess the data is corrupted. Seriously WTF with the PS3. This is beyond annoying and something i have NEVER had to deal with on 360, even with entire games installed to e the HDD. So after 45 minutes of trying to get this game to work and hard resetting my PS3 6 times because it was locked UP I can't get the game to play. So fed up!

DeSo

Banned
Hadn't played in about a year but the co-op is still amazing fun. One of the best multiplayer experiences.

Trick_GSF

Banned
My apologies for the giant bump, but I have a question. Is there any online community anymore? I only need 3 trophies for the platinum and unsurprisingly one of those is the 10k kills trophy.

I'm going to repurchase Resistance 2 today regardless (last copy broke) but I just wanted to know if it is still possible to get the 10,000 kills trophy.

Cheers for any answers, sorry agian for the bump.

So the most amazing thing happened to me last night playing this game. I logged on and I was over 600 kills away from the 10k trophy and my platinum. So the first 3 matches I played none of the kills counted afterwards. I was super pissed, since this happens to me a lot. So I decided to log out of the PSN, while still in the game, and then log back in. After doing this my kills jumped up to 9998. So it seems I finally got credit for all my missing kills since the game came out. So I was fianlly able to get the platinum for this game. I am so happy that I will never have to play ranked again.

RobbieNick

Real LTTP I was never a fan of the first game, so I passed on the second. (But I did enjoy Retribution on the PSP) However, I'm a big Ratchet and Clank fan who attends all of Insomniac's community events. I saw Resistance 3 and it blew my mind! Played the Demo and it was fantastic. A first-day sale for me.

So, I decided to give the series a second chance. I bought the first one used for $10. It's just so-so. A fairly bland launch game with WAAAAAY too much brown and faded colors and sub-par graphics. I'm returning it for a different $10 game tomorrow.

I did however, take advantage of GameStop's "Buy two get one free" deal and got Resistance 2. WOW What a difference!! Way better graphics! Epic scenes! Color! (Somewhat) I honestly didn't know what I was missing out on. I can't wait to play Captain Hale's third big adventure!!...........what?

NeoUltima

LTTP

Why are the graphics, up until Chicago, shit? Crappy textures, flat environments.
Then I get to Chicago and the game looks gorgeous. What I expected the whole game to look like.

Aside from that, I've enjoyed the single player. Not as good as Resistance 1 (I preferred the shooting from the hip/run and gun style of the first game), but also not as bad as I thought given all the GAF backlash.

That being said, I haven't touched the multiplayer yet. I look forward to the much lauded co-op mode.

Himself

I'll be picking up the Dual pack as soon as it's released next month. I'm really hoping the co-op still has some activity. If not, I'll certainly be back here to rouse the troops.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I just came here to point how how bad this game is. Its awful. I am still forcing myself to play it. After the swarm bullshit I know have to face two Titans and a bunch of Swarmers? Who the fuck in Insomniac thought that was a good idea? I swear they were sitting in a char and saying "Hey lets just add a bunch of shit to make it cooler".

Come on. This game gives me serious doubts about buying R3. Ugh

MNC

Relix said:
I just came here to point how how bad this game is. Its awful. I am still forcing myself to play it. After the swarm bullshit I know have to face two Titans and a bunch of Swarmers? Who the fuck in Insomniac thought that was a good idea? I swear they were sitting in a char and saying "Hey lets just add a bunch of shit to make it cooler".

Funny, when I saw this thread, I really wanted to make a post about how shitty it is as well. The game is a complete mess. At times it lacks any logical game design about difficulty or AI because it is completely fucking ridiculous how overpowered some encounters are. You don't let AI get 1-hit kill headshots in a game where they are already overpowered, not to mention the insane amounts of the big aliens packed together in the latter half of the game.

test_account

XP-39C²
I really enjoyed Resistance 2 online, i found the single player to be fine enough :) R2 is also the game where i got my first platinum trophy. I especially liked the co-op online, i wish that this would be included in Resistance 3 as well, but unfortunately it wont.

Loudninja

Relix said:

No titans in R3 at least! :p

Finally finished Resistance 2 after buying it day one...so sad that I was so put off by some of the missions in this game that it actually took me over a year and a half to finish it...normally I love to dive right in but this one was different. It wasn't awful by any means, just tremendously average on all fronts. Sometimes the graphics managed to impress (I thought the lush, New Orleans bayou areas were lovely) and other times would fall flat. And the story? Talk about
anticlimactic, Hale gets shot in the dome and the game immediately ends? No buildup?

Based on what I played, Insomniac hasn't really given me a reason to go out and buy the third on day one. Here's hoping they improve on what made the first so damned unique and deliver.

Andrew.

Banned
Revive the resistance. The third chapter in this trilogy is only a few months away...come on people...start playing 2 again...get hyped...this franchise is awesome!

MNC said:
Funny, when I saw this thread, I really wanted to make a post about how shitty it is as well. The game is a complete mess. At times it lacks any logical game design about difficulty or AI because it is completely fucking ridiculous how overpowered some encounters are. You don't let AI get 1-hit kill headshots in a game where they are already overpowered, not to mention the insane amounts of the big aliens packed together in the latter half of the game.

Funny, when I read your post, I really wanted to make a post about how dull and derivative I think this whole series is in general. Its just another sci-fi FPS infested with bulletsponge aliens and some out of the ordinary weaponry.

Andrew.

Banned
JumpingTheGun said:
Funny, when I read your post, I really wanted to make a post about how dull and derivative I think this whole series is in general. Its just another sci-fi FPS infested with bulletsponge aliens and some out of the ordinary weaponry.[/QUOTE

The scale of the games is extremely large. The feeling of being completely over-run is the core of this game. You are one of the only humans left alive...and slowly turning into the enemy. Yes they are wayy more powerful, isnt that true in most games. This isnt COD...the aliens are expectedly going to take a good deal of damage before dying. The environment is amazing. How often do you get to wage war against aliens in 1950's America/Europe(RE1). Lastly tell me your heart is not pumping like crazy when you load your last clip and hope that last bullet will take down a Titan the size of a two story building.
Bring on Resistance 3!!!!!

finally getting around to playing Resistance 2 single player campaign. While the graphics have def seen better days, I have to say I'm really impressed with the sound design in this game…especially in Orick…that opening ambush sounds amazing on a good surround setup, and part where you're walking around freaking out waiting for Chameleons to pounce on you is sweet, just the crunching of your footsteps and the sounds of the forrest, freaking out over every little chirp wondering if it's a chimera or a critter!

T-0800

I'm a fan of R2 but after playing it again this week I'm just reminded of how good it could of been with more polish. At times it looks amazing and at other times it looks unfinished. Great game though and I can't wait to play R3.

24FrameDaVinci said:
Based on what I played, Insomniac hasn't really given me a reason to go out and buy the third on day one. Here's hoping they improve on what made the first so damned unique and deliver.

Resistance 3 delivers. The difference between R2 and R3 is LIGHT YEARS. I felt like I had to come make penance after all the shit I threw at R2. Which is still deserved, but don't skip R3 because of R2.

Got Resistance 3 for my bday, and never finished up Resistance 2. So I thought I'd force myself to finish it... I'm sorry, I absolutely love Insomiac, but this game is really bad. And the graphics are utter atrocious at times. And the difficulty is pretty nuts at times even though I'm playing on normal.

only been playing this 3 days and now i'm absolutely done with this game.

finished the first game which was decent at best and then jumped straight into this game , i thought maybe people were wrong about this game but boy oh boy was i wrong this game is poor very very stupidly thought out.

Seriously this game takes the piss with constantly throwing enemy's at you after you only just got done fighting the last few i mean bloody hell

now onto Resistance 3 which i hope is nothing at all like R2.

Top Bottom