• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Megamix |OT| ft. 100+ Minigames, Story Mode, and more!

Loving this, but knew 100% that I would.

With the coin-toss mini-game, how hard is hard? I beat the second level because perfect timing seemed like it'd be near-impossible, and they can't expect you to hit it 15 times bang-on 3.00 seconds surely? I reckon I could get most of them between 2.95 and 3.05 but is there that much of a window or does perfect mean perfect?

Loving this, but knew 100% that I would.

With the coin-toss mini-game, how hard is hard? I beat the second level because perfect timing seemed like it'd be near-impossible, and they can't expect you to hit it 15 times bang-on 3.00 seconds surely? I reckon I could get most of them between 2.95 and 3.05 but is there that much of a window or does perfect mean perfect?
I will be honest, I haven't beaten it and I beat all the other hard games. The leap between normal and hard is stupid in that particular game.
Edit: I believe the window is .05.
The window on the Chicken game is also pretty small, but I find it easier.

Glowsquid

Is the game any easier than the (for me) impossibly difficult DS and Wii versions? :/ Love the style, terrible at game.

Megamix is geared toward newcomers in many ways. Easy and short games in the early portion, the new grading system is more transparent, unlockables now don't all require getting Perfects... etc.

how you like me now, rhythm rally

I HAVE BUTTONS!
Yeah I went back to the DS game after playing The Best + and yeah no, could not deal with touch controls. I guess I adapted back then. Wii version still holds up funny enough.

Is the game any easier than the (for me) impossibly difficult DS and Wii versions? :/ Love the style, terrible at game.
Oh yeah, the grading curve is much more fair. If you have any rhythm, you should OK everything. I gotten Gold on stuff I missed some beats which rarely happened in the older games.

Berordn

Yeah I went back to the DS game after playing The Best + and yeah no, could not deal with touch controls. I guess I adapted back then. Wii version still holds up funny enough.

Digging up my old cartridge I apparently got a perfect on the first one but I could not for the life of me do it again.

Of the DS games, I was never able to get a perfect on Rhythm Rally 2 or The Dazzles (the first one; I know right?). I gather Rhythm Rally is in this. What about The Dazzles?

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Of the DS games, I was never able to get a perfect on Rhythm Rally 2 or The Dazzles (the first one; I know right?). I gather Rhythm Rally is in this. What about The Dazzles?

Both are, but I believe the Dazzles is a bonus unlockable game, not part of the main story.
I think you'll find Rhythm Rally much easier with buttons rather than flicks this time round.

I believe the window is .05 seconds like you said.

I will be honest, I haven't beaten it and I beat all the other hard games. The leap between normal and hard is stupid in that particular game.
Edit: I believe the window is .05.
The window on the Chicken game is also pretty small, but I find it easier.

Cheers, maybe I'll give it a go then! Was only concerned by the game's wording.

Berordn

oh my god
these sumo brothers
oh my god

Easily the best game in the series, by far. Please tell me it gets seven remixes.

If I wanted to get into the series, is this a good one to start with?

I would say so. It has the most normal controls of an English-released Rhythm Heaven game and indisputably has quality-of-life improvements over its predecessors. While some good games have been overlooked from past games, much of the best games from past games are in this game.

If I wanted to get into the series, is this a good one to start with?

I think a couple other posters covered it, but it is a pretty good place. They start with relatively easier games and the grading system has been revamped to become more transparent than before. Worth taking a look at the demo I suppose.

GWX

I played the demo just now, and even though limiting Ringside only to the training is a kick in the balls, I loved it of course. I downloaded the demo just because, as I'm definitely getting it. So happy NoA brought this over! Now, if only they did the same with Picross 3D 2 =/

oh my god
these sumo brothers
oh my god

Easily the best game in the series, by far. Please tell me it gets seven remixes.
Seven in main game,
three in post game although there being a post game should not be surprising.
Edit: Oh you mean a part 2, sadly no. Only OG games that gets two is LumBEARjack, Samurai, Contact, Fruit, Circus, and Catchy Tune.

gah

alright i'll live
somehow.
Kung Fu guy gets 5 extra mini-games (not joking!)

Berordn

Seven in main game,
three in post game although there being a post game should not be surprising.
Edit: Oh you mean a part 2, sadly no. Only OG games that gets two is LumBEARjack, Samurai, Contact, and Catchy Tune.

gah

alright i'll live
somehow.

Cheddahz

Banned
I would say so. It has the most normal controls of an English-released Rhythm Heaven game and indisputably has quality-of-life improvements over its predecessors. While some good games have been overlooked from past games, much of the best games from past games are in this game.

I think a couple other posters covered it, but it is a pretty good place. They start with relatively easier games and the grading system has been revamped to become more transparent than before. Worth taking a look at the demo I suppose.

This is my first RH and I'm loving it. So I say yes.

Sweet, about to snag my girlfriend's 3DS and try out the demo now!

Kinsei

Banned
I decided to take a break from the main game and try out the challenge mode. The extra stuff they add to the games during some of them are really fun. The Flockstep that had it's tempo increased and a monster eating the screen was really fun.

I decided to spend my orbs on Night Walk. I think I'll save up for Catch of the Day next.

megalowho

The flow and presentation of story mode is excellent, makes it hard to put down. The new minigames fit right in, seems to be a fair amount of extra goodies and side activities packed in as well. I have been mashing through most of the story text, though don't mind that it's there for folks that want it.

Great representation of the series from what I've played so far, for a game that leans heavily on previous entries it still manages to feel surprisingly fresh.

zroid

Banned
Was planning to get this today but due to various circumstances it behooves me to wait till next week

allow me to join you europeans in your angst (for a little while)

Finally got a chance to dive in, love the game so far, the new grading system is great in that it lets you know why you're off and where to get closer to the rhythm, at the same time getting 100% on songs is gonna be a fudging nightmare since the game expect you to be freaking exact for those rainbow stars.

Dr. Buni

Finally got a chance to dive in, love the game so far, the new grading system is great in that it lets you know why you're off and where to get closer to the rhythm, at the same time getting 100% on songs is gonna be a fudging nightmare since the game expect you to be freaking exact for those rainbow stars.
Getting perfects is always so hard for me, I don't think my sense of rhythm will ever be good enough for a game like this.

Anyways, buying it tomorrow, can't wait!

Fuck you double lemons, fuck you and you're stupid fucking timing for the star why on Earth is that last set on 3 instead of 1 *table flip*

At least a cool thing to note about fruit basketball is that the dream in the middle can be a wide variety of things including tic tac toe, a hamburger, a skateboard, and a panda from what I can remember.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I always seem to score 92, 93, or 94, is that the consistent score of no misses + skill star?

Also phew, Sick Beats was much easier (& less heart pounding) than the coin flip game.

I always seem to score 92, 93, or 94, is that the consistent score of no misses + skill star?

Also phew, Sick Beats was much easier (& less heart pounding) than the coin flip game.

Your score in the 90s comes down to how many perfect on the beat beats you get donated by the little rainbow star explosion on the bottom screen. The highest I've gotten so far is 97 on fruit baskets where I think I only missed 2 being 100% perfect and they were slightly before and slightly after the middle of the line.

Kinsei

Banned

Wait until you reach the next gate. It's 10x harder than the coin flip IMO.

Top Bottom