• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

Weird. I just realized after looking at that image closer that the Chair is in perfect size of the original Space Jockey. But that guy on the right is far too skinny to fit into that chair. You don't suppose they grow like some Greek God who's out to stomp humans, do you?

Solo

...So no, it's not like Sunshine. I don't really like the look of that movie, like you implied it looks cheap and small.

Like I said, this has a whole lot more behind it, but I do feel there is a slight similarity between the two. Its completely unintentional (the idea of Scott aping Boyle is lolz-worthy) of course, but I do see it.

Stealing my thunder????

[.IMG]http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/5885/carusofuckyou2rr.gif[/IMG]
Is there a reason why you always try to be the first to post these trailer threads? Yesterday you had 4 threads on the first page. I just find it so odd.

EDIT: Sorry Solo, wrong person!

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Weird. I just realized after looking at that image closer that the Chair is in perfect size of the original Space Jockey. But that guy on the right is far too skinny to fit into that chair. You don't suppose they grow like some Greek God who's out to stomp humans, do you?
The exoskeleton suit that they wear probably adds the necessary bulk needed to fit into the chair.

Solo

Is there a reason why you always try to be the first to post these trailer threads? Yesterday you had 4 threads on the first page. I just find it so odd.

? I tried (and failed miserably, lolz) to post this trailer. Its become a running joke, which was what the gif was poking fun at. I almost never do trailer/film threads. Expendable or Sculli do like 95% of them.

Flo_Evans

It seems pretty hard for this not to be a good movie to me. It's all ready the most visually dynamic movie of 2012. I'm positive plenty of people won't like it, though. This will shatter a lot of ideas people had of the Space Jockey and many just won't stand for it. But I love that Scott is taking that risk and that him and the whole crew are putting all of their energy into it.

Well my idea was that the space jockey is the last of a dying race, the xenomorph eggs are there to carry their DNA on to a new world.

To me the space jockey wasn't really an individual organism, it was part of the ship. The race of whoever designed a specific "pilot" that is half organic, integrated into the ship itself, whose only mission/purpose was to find a suitable planet to land the eggs on so the species DNA could continue.

How/why it got a chestbuster inside of it doesn't really make any sense in that scenario... maybe one got out, maybe it had one in it the whole time to "jump start" the process, but it crashed for whatever reason on a dead planet.

Now I'm wondering why Ridley Scott took so long to return to Sci-fi. Oh well, I have to be thankful for Gladiator, Black Hawk Down, and Kingdom of Heaven.

Suairyu

Banned
...So no, it's not like Sunshine. I don't really like the look of that movie, like you implied it looks cheap and small.
Well, a near-future space vessel would indeed look small and non-expensive in terms of dressing. It fitted the premise.

... but I don't understand the comparison either. This looks nothing like Sunshine.

Carbonox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDRLtgr2T9E

space jockey connects them, and that's the only link probably, no xenomorphs this time

I know that recent interview suggested the Xenomorphs won't be in the film but surely that doesn't make it 100%?

Now I'm not saying I want this to turn in to Aliens v.2 Feat. Space Jockeys, but how can we be sure Ridley Scott wasn't just trying to throw people off with?

I believe we might see variants towards the latter stages, maybe even the real deal (Xenomorph born from within a human) at the very end.

I dunno. I DO like the fact that aside from the Space Jockeys, this is going down its own path. I would - for fanboy sakes - like to see a crumb thrown our way though. ;)

big_z

here's the plot guys.

people find space jockey ship. bad things happen. space jockey tries to take off but crashes due to alien baby busting out. end movie.

then after some time the space truckers from alien find the ship.

? I tried (and failed miserably, lolz) to post this trailer. Its become a running joke, which was what the gif was poking fun at. I almost never do trailer/film threads. Expendable or Sculli do like 95% of them.

Oh geez sorry I got you mixed up with Sculli. You two are like interchangeable lol, very sorry!

JdFoX187

Banned
There have been leaked set pictures of dudes in Xenomorph costumes, so there's a good chance they'll be in the movie at some point. Ridley Scott isn't just going to come out and say "Yeah, we have Xenos in here" because that would ruin the surprise.

Replicant

There have been leaked set pictures of dudes in Xenomorph costumes, so there's a good chance they'll be in the movie at some point. Ridley Scott isn't just going to come out and say "Yeah, we have Xenos in here" because that would ruin the surprise.

I think the trailer already ruined that surprise LOL. There's a clear shot of the ship interior similar to the one that the space truckers found in ALIEN.

JB1981

So it appears that this is the story.

Team of space travelers goes to planet. Planet has weird human face shape with other things that look like eggs. The space jockey ship also crash lands on this planet. The space jockey ship carries xenomorphs. The crew discover some other things about the origin of man and then are killed by xenomorphs. The end.

So it appears that this is the story.

Team of space travelers goes to planet. Planet has weird human face shape with other things that look like eggs. The space jockey ship also crash lands on this planet. The space jockey ship carries xenomorphs. The crew discover some other things about the origin of man and then are killed by xenomorphs. The end.
I swear to god if that's the fucking plot and you just spoiled the entire thing...

i3G6aBa1yEbiI.jpg

What do you think that is on the table?

Much better question is:

If it is indeed the space jockeys head.... how did it get back on it's neck in Alien?

alien-5-rumours-space-jockeys-590x350.jpg

Unless it's not the same head..

MNC

There have been
leaked set pictures of dudes in Xenomorph costumes, so there's a good chance they'll be in the movie at some point. Ridley Scott isn't just going to come out and say "Yeah, we have Xenos in here"
because that would ruin the surprise.

Which you now did as well.

Ugh, staying out of this thread. Just update topic name if HD is available. :/

A good teaser, though I agree the text was a bit distracting. My hype ranking as of now:

1) The Hobbit
2) Prometheus
3) Dark Knight Rises.

Riddick

Gah, Ridley Scott's 74. Make up for lost time, man. Pure scifi until the end!

He wasted his damn career imo. He was absolutely amazing at making sci-fi yet he kept trying on other genres. Since Blade Runner he has made 2-3 decent movies that weren't scifi but his first sci-fi attempt since then looks like a masterpiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom