• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
New International trailer was cool, great seeing more of Fassbender's David. I can't wait to see what kind of themes they explore with his character.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Shamelessly cross-posted from the other thread they keep talking about some OTHER director's movies in that thread :p

Fuuuuuuuu....

don't know if this has been talked about. DLed the 1080p apple version and
Noomi clearly has a caesarian section wound and staples on her abs. @ 2:06 in the trailer http://i.imgur.com/k3gZR.jpg

EDIT: also nice touch in the trailers is when they show the helmet HUD of David his EKG SpO and CO2 meters all read flat (or non existent) and constant.

Saw the international trailer (?) At the cinema tonight... not as good as the one from 2-3 weeks ago with the loud horn like music. This one started with the
stuff in the cave.
. and made the movie seem INCREDIBLY BORING. I was underwhelmed.

JB1981

Saw the international trailer (?) At the cinema tonight... not as good as the one from 2-3 weeks ago with the loud horn like music. This one started with the
stuff in the cave.
. and made the movie seem INCREDIBLY BORING. I was underwhelmed.

I am prepared for a pedestrian first act followed by scifi awesomeness.

Misfits

Neo Member
this popped up on my facebook page.

LhavT.jpg

very cool.

Just a heads up that Empire magazine has a deluxe new Prometheus article with lots of great new on set pictures and interviews with Ridley and the whole crew. Watch out for some minor spoilers in the article though. I'm going to see if I can find a copy for my collection at my local Barnes and Noble.

Mr. Sam

Just a heads up that Empire magazine has a deluxe new Prometheus article with lots of great new on set pictures and interviews with Ridley and the whole crew. Watch out for some minor spoilers in the article though. I'm going to see if I can find a copy for my collection at my local Barnes and Noble.

The one in the latest issue? It was decent, but the sign-off with "Oh, we're only here to see some aliens!" rubbed me up the wrong way. If I only wanted to see aliens, tripe like Resurrection and AVP would leave me satisfied. I'm here to see Ridley Scott return to sci-fi - the aliens connection is, at best, icing on the cake.

The one in the latest issue? It was decent, but the sign-off with "Oh, we're only here to see some aliens!" rubbed me up the wrong way. If I only wanted to see aliens, tripe like Resurrection and AVP would leave me satisfied. I'm here to see Ridley Scott return to sci-fi - the aliens connection is, at best, icing on the cake.

Actually yeah, I thought that line was a little....off. Like "Whatever, just give us some xenomorph and we'll plunk our dollars down!" I was also surprised (and kinda skeptical) about the article's revelation that Tom Rothman was the one who insisted that they not use "Alien" in the title in order to differentiate it? If true, props to him but a grain of salt on that one. Anyways, it's still a good read and like I said it has a lot of great pics.

Awesome new Weyland viral video with Michael Fassbender's David promoting the David line of androids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOOJl5lWNfM

edit: Also now has his own dedicated site with great pics and info:

https://www.weylandindustries.com/site/david

Official gif:

david-real-emotions.gif

David 8 is willing to perform any task that he is assigned, without question or resistance. He will not flinch at even the most disturbing or seemingly irregular assignment, and he will dutifully persevere until reaching his final objective.

Cue the foreboding music.

Sorry to bump again but this is pretty significant, running time for the movie is set at roughly 1 hr and 59 min:

http://collider.com/prometheus-ridley-scott-directors-cut/159471/

Ridley Scott: “I’ve only made a mistake once on cutting a film short — I won’t say what it is right now, because this is not the time — but I removed 17 minutes off a movie, and I didn’t ruin it, but it wasn’t [as effective].  In this instance, you got a pretty good version here, pretty good cut. We’re running at about — I think without the end titles, which normally run about four to five minutes — we’re running one hour, fifty-nine minutes and change. It’s very tight, it’s what it should be.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom