• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

so what I can gather from the trailer:

-find code to new life form on another planet
-visits planet, awakens space jockey/creature
-crew learns that the creatures pose a threat
-aliens/space jockey decided to flee/go to earth
-at this point the Prometheus ship decides to take down the alien ship by crashing into it
-hostile take over?

BobLoblaw

Banned
Ok. The word "epic" is way too overused in modern society, but there is simply no other word I can come up with to describe what I just saw. Holy shit! Hnnnnnnggggggg

Brera

Banned
This is going to be the movie of the forever.

The trailer appears to give away the plot, but I know this is a double bluff!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:eek:OOOOOOOOOOO

That trailer..... my god.

*splooge*

kitzkozan

The movie does look absolutely amazing. In fact, it's already one of the best looking sci-fi movie ever and the art direction is incredible. Let's hope the final product live up to it's increasingly huge hype :]

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I can't under stand what is said before cut it offff. "why is there ???? on my"

Great trailer. I am about to go on media black out though.

JGS

Banned
so what I can gather from the trailer:

-find code to new life form on another planet
-visits planet, awakens space jockey/creature
-crew learns that the creatures pose a threat
-aliens/space jockey decided to flee/go to earth
-at this point the Prometheus ship decides to take down the alien ship by crashing into it
-hostile take over?
That's what they want you to think. Mwahaha.

Trailers great. Looked expensive. Are they planning on this being Rated R? I don't see it happening.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
wow amazing trailer. I don't think I've ever been so hyped for a movie before.

going on a blackout now.

Bowdz

Wow. I haven't seen a movie at the theater in ages but I might just break that trend for this. Everything looks incredible.

big_z

im starting to think the space jockey that we know is actually just a space suit for that dude walking up to the chair.

just watched viral video. :O

just watched original alien trailer - and I can't believe how much the prequel P takes it visual queues from that but still looks amazingly new and futuristic.

big ander

Honestly? full 2:30 trailer's not that great. It's very good, but the teasers got me more excited and told me less. wish I hadn't watched it, actually.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
OMFG at that trailer! Might be the best thing I've seen in forever! It was better than all of the full movies I've seen this year (granted not that many)!

The music, the cuts, the escalation! FFffffffffuuuuuuuuuu! Need to go on black out for this now, but don't know if I can!

In line with previous speculation:

Once your civilization is advanced enough to decipher the pictogram and come visit, "they" kill you and go back and reset your planet. Rinse and repeat.

Meh I was not that impressed by the trailer, but I still want to see the film. It looks like the film follows the same way as Alien which I like a lot
(with a mysterious life form encounter and then having to escape while this life form gets on board their ship)

I hope that isn't the final story, because it's kind of silly.

I doubt that'll be the actual story. We see in the trailer they
discover all the alien stuff in the Isle of Skye in Scotland, not in Africa. Although I guess they could have changed it when they started filming.

Branduil

OMFG at that trailer! Might be the best thing I've seen in forever! It was better than all of the full movies I've seen this year (granted not that many)!

The music, the cuts, the escalation! FFffffffffuuuuuuuuuu! Need to go on black out for this now, but don't know if I can!

In line with previous speculation:

Once your civilization is advanced enough to decipher the pictogram and come visit, "they" kill you and go back and reset your planet. Rinse and repeat.

Well the name of the movie "Prometheus" is kind of a huge hint.

FoneBone

It came from a post on the IMDb forums back in August - the author there said outright that it was just fan fiction based on the then-available information. Then some blog picked it up as a supposed "leak" a few months later.

Posted in the other thread, new international trailer

http://youtu.be/a9jRaa4Wkbk?hd=1

Eg4HW.png

love this shot. return of sci-fi right there. anyone have a high quality version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom