• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
W2Y2O.gif

What. A. Trailer.

I don't think my body can handle the full 2:33 min one......

So much for my media blackout, new trailer is amazing. So many cool shots, what was that
slimy thing trying to attack Noomi? ;) Jockey shot was sweet but still got mixed feelings about it being just a suit possibly.

jett

D-Member
Fantastic, really looking like movie of the year. I thought we were getting a proper trailer and not a second teaser tho.

It certainly looks that way. It is pushing ALL the right sci-fi buttons for me. I really love the aesthetic of this film. Every shot looks gorgeous.

It's like Ridley is shooting a three pointer from half-court and telling Cameron 'Your move.'

Man

That looks absolutely bloody amazing! The master of sci-fi has returned.

Really looking forward to the full version tonight.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
New trailer makes it seem even more spooky. Fuck it looks so damn good. These are some of the best trailers I've ever seen, the edits are fantastic.

Tesseract

Banned
looking good. is noomi rapace's character the new ripley? trailer makes it almost evident that she will be the last surviving crew member.

Sleepy

Holy. Shit. Was that the Space Jockey's head coming up in the bottom of the screen at :55, and what was the suit at :49-50? Cloaking?

When this comes out on Blu, I'm going to upgrade to a 70" telly.

jett

D-Member
Weyland Industries' website has updated, revealing the corporate timelene.

https://www.weylandindustries.com/#/timeline

Looks like the movie is set in 2073.

The full trailer and Q&A with Ridley Scott is just 11 hours away, right?

http://go.amctheatres.com/prometheus

Weyland builds and successfully deploys thousands of Seventh Generation Davids into workplaces across the universe. Human acceptance of David 7 reaches an all-time high thanks to Weyland’s highly classified emotional encoding technology, David 7 can accurately replicate most human emotions down to the tiniest nuance while consistently achieving all mission objectives.

Is the "David" a nod to A.I.'s David?

edit: eh nm
Fassbender's character
is a "David"

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and say the 'David' thing is definitely a tip of the hat to A.I.

Weyland manufactures the first advanced android prototype model of its kind. He is affectionately called David, a name Sir Peter Weyland had initially reserved for his own human son.

The trailer is ace. He's back. Ridley Scott is back. Gonna watch the 230sec trailer and then I go on a media black out. Seriously what I've seen, gave me hope for the Blade Runner prequel/sequel.

Mr. Sam

Know what? I don't want a proper trailer. When they release one, I'll not watch it. I want to go into that cinema not knowing just how in blue hell all that footage fits together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom