• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rififi

If the space jockey suit opens, is it possible for a human to get inside it?
It has been a while since I have seen Alien, but if I remember correctly
the distress signal was originating from the space jockey, which had a facehugger come out of its chest - since Prometheus is supposedly a prequel to Alien, is it possible that it was a human that made the distress signal by getting inside the suit?

Suairyu

Banned
Guys stop spoiler tagging stuff already in the trailers or previous films. I don't know what to highlight or not given the leaks and the script floating around.

Yeah, it's one of the most likely scenario, but I personally don't think (I'm in denial)
it fits that bald guy, and there's the red big dude in the new trailer at the back

My theory is the red dude is actually probably
a company soldier/operative of some kind that Noomi is fleeing from (right before the really old shot of her collapsing in front of Fassbender and the other unknown bald person in the med bay). Because it looks like those scenes are taking place on a human vessel. IMHO the new trailer also adds to the possibilty of Theron's character being evil and a "Burke" type maybe?

Anteater

Guys stop spoiler tagging stuff already in the trailers or previous films. I don't know what to highlight or not given the leaks and the script floating around.

yeah, I was going to ask if we could just not spoiler tag the stuff since they're in the trailer
KuGsj.gif

and there's the speculation spoilers!

Sorry dude, but we gotta because some people are a lot more sensitive to possible/likely plot points. Me, Anteater and soldat7 are mainly speculating FWIW but drag and release at your own risk I guess?

edit: Ok, I'll leave it up to you guys. :p

Suairyu

Banned
Sorry dude, but we gotta because some people are a lot more sensitive to possible/likely plot points. Me, Anteater and soldat7 are mainly speculating FWIW but drag and release at your own risk I guess?

edit: Ok, I'll leave it up to you guys. :p
AT THE VERY LEAST put something in parenthesis before the spoiler tag like (speculation)
Michael Fassbender turns into the Predator
or (IMAX Trailer)
They on a planet
or (set report leak)
lol like I'm going to read those
or (leaked script)
I hate cinema and like to ruin films for myself
so we know whether or not to engage in the conversation.

Though tbh you shouldn't do the last lot at all I don't want any leaks anywhere near me.

And really, stuff in officially released trailers should not be in spoiler tags. And IN THIS THREAD, having watched Alien is essential reading JOHN HURT HAS A WORM WITH GANGSTA SILVER TEETH BURST OUT HIS CHEST so I don't get it.

Marco1

I think the space jockey is the flight controls for the spaceship and is a suit that straps the user in. Maybe for lightspeed or whatever. But the user is definately the big blue guy.
I imagine the film may end with the user jumping into the ship and flying off to escape after pulling a facehugger off his face and then showing an alien chest bursting causing the ship to crash into the planet shown in alien.
Maybe it's the alien that sets off the distress signal.

Suairyu: Ok, I'll try something like that.

What if they're tiny little aliens that look like HR Giger?.

Or when the Jockey opens up, a little orange alien cat is the pilot. Turns out the Jockeys' pets are the long lost ancestors of Jonesy the cat. The real reason the derelict is crashing into the planet is because it's being haphazardly driven by Space-Jonesy kinda like Toonces from the old SNL skits. Needless to say, the Jockey-cat interface program was a complete disaster which is why the aliens never got around to invading earth. :p

Anteater

My theory is the red dude is actually probably
a company soldier/operative of some kind that Noomi is fleeing from (right before the really old shot of her collapsing in front of Fassbender and the other unknown bald person in the med bay). Because it looks like those scenes are taking place on a human vessel. IMHO the new trailer also adds to the possibilty of Theron's character being evil and a "Burke" type maybe?

I think Noomi is just running away from an alien specie, since she has all the black blood marks on her body which were also on the walls of the room with the tentacle. I don't know what the heck they are suppose to be though... (could just be blood)

strafer

Been watching the 1:11 trailer all day...at about 0:56 when the two crew members fire their weapons, it looks almost like a double helix/muzzle blast...almost as if they are shooting DNA (0_o) Also I see somethin'-a-creepin' towards the woman shaking at 0:50. I wonder if that's the woman who "gets eaten by an alien" 28 minutes into the film.

dammit junior, spoiler that shit.

Suairyu

Banned
I set up the bat signal and hopefully mods will heed the call because we all need police protection stat.

edit - OH GOD STOP QUOTING HIM STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT

I don't want to be "out" I like this thread I get to discuss how much better Ridley Scott is compared to Cameron with Scullibundo.

zeioIIDX

You guys fucking kidding me?! I browse through the last couple pages of people bitching over not using spoiler tags when I was the one using them to begin with for SPECULATION. And now I merely state something that can be seen in a trailer and you guys get pissed? Damn, this is exactly why I'm still a Junior Member, I'd rather lurk than post and piss people off.

Suairyu

Banned
So the trailer shows exactly what you just said, huh? In specific detail? With a statement from the actor embedded right in the frame?

We were getting annoyed at things officially revealed as official being put in spoiler tags, not information pulled from some tabloid interview.

That chat is getting pretty crazy, how do you turn it off?
Just click the "videos" tab. There are no videos so it's cool.

I think Noomi is just running away from an alien specie, since she has all the black blood marks on her body which were also on the walls of the room with the tentacle. I don't know what the heck they are suppose to be though... (could just be blood)

Maybe, IMHO still looks too much like a soldier/crew member type but I'd love to be proven wrong. It's a dark shot whatever it is.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You guys fucking kidding me?! I browse through the last couple pages of people bitching over not using spoiler tags when I was the one using them to begin with for SPECULATION. And now I merely state something that can be seen in a trailer and you guys get pissed? Damn, this is exactly why I'm still a Junior Member, I'd rather lurk than post and piss people off.

Take any film trailer ever made. Hell, take a game trailer as well. Stop and pause your way through it, analysing each scenario. Congratulations, you've now revealed half or more of the film.

If we're going to dissect trailers and discuss the content it's appreciable to spoiler the discussion, as not everybody will see it, and not everybody wants to know.

So um, yeah. Everybody please spoiler tag story related content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom