• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rime Re-Reveal gameplay trailer (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch, May 2017)

It certainly is pretty, but knowing Sony pulled their support last year, I'm definitely waiting for reviews before buying this one.

Lost interest a long time ago. That trailer also didn't do much for me and was it just me or did was there shuttering or bad frame rate in the video?

Ridley327

I wonder if GameStop is publishing this? They did sign Tequila Works for a project a couple months back.

I imagine that their Gamestop game could be The Sexy Brutale, as that currently doesn't have a publisher. Rime got picked up by Grey Box, who handles Dreadnought.

moozoom

Looks really nice, and looks like its coming out - so wait and see...

Will buy for switch or PS4 depending on reviews and word of mouth.

Wind waker still manages to look better with that cartoony look , I remember the initial reveal having much better graphics , but it's probably just the side effect of going cross platform .

Either way will wait for reviews but I do like what they are showing , but that means bugger all as we all know what they initially showed was nothing more then a tech demo .

Is this game structured like the witness where you go around an open island solving puzzles ? If so I hope they have some clever ones like the witness does .

Exentryk

This looks really good. Without combat, I don't think the puzzles would be enough to keep my interest though.

dugdug

Banned
Really curious about the development behind this game. Like, Sony washed their hands of it less than a year ago, so, did they remake it entirely in a year? Or was this game almost entirely made with SCE's money? Should be an interesting story if it ever comes out.

Game looks nice, too, and all.

Dariuas

RiME Community Manager
Yea says steam at the end of the trailer but the Description in Youtube only mentions PS4, Xbox One and Switch.

Thanks for pointing this out! I'll look into this.

We are going to be releasing on all of the systems displayed in trailer, so fear not! :)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Was there ever a confirmed reason for Sony dropping this?

Aonuma

Like The Witness except with story and character and gameplay? I'm down.

Will be happy to play this on the toilet on my Switch.

StoveOven

Banned
Echoing what other people have said about being super cautious around this one. This is a game that conceptually I should be all over, but I can't get excited about it knowing the development history.

tkscz

Never heard of this before, was it announced a few years ago and just vanished or something?

killroy87

Looks like a grab bag of a dozen other games. I'll keep an eye out, but it has the vibe of something that would have really impressed five years ago (which makes sense).

Ydelnae

Truth be told, it looks interesting again. Since Tequila doesn't have a good track record and their adventures with this game have been sketchy, I will wait for reviews.

Icarus

It still looks great. That said, "Holy youtube compression Batman!" Looking forward to more information.

Was there ever a confirmed reason for Sony dropping this?

From memory, one of the fellows from Tequila said that there may have been pressure to add things in the game that they didn't want to add.

I think that's all that's been said by either party thus far.

Edit:
How did that first meeting with Six Foot and Grey Box go?

Raúl: Basically we had the very long presentation ready, then 30 seconds into the presentation, they said: 'Stop, let me play the game.' And they played the game, and I think it spoke for itself. That's why we liked them as partners. They don't behave like a classic publisher where you feel like you are on a different level. They are always trying to help us to push that vision. Again, remember, this is a personal project. It's something that we really think it needs to be one thing – it's not Shadow of the Colossus, it's not the Windwaker, it's not The Last Guardian, it's Rime.

One thing that we are really thankful for is that Grey Box didn't try to make us change the game to be something that was a travesty in all honesty.

Did Sony want changes?

Raúl: I cannot elaborate on that. It's something more about our relationship with Six Foot. It was more a general comment on how publishers sometimes get involved on creative decisions and sometimes they don't. Six Foot and Grey Box are not that way. They give feedback, but they understand what the vision is. They won't be like, 'Oh, you know, when I was a kid, my backyard, we played with a rocket launcher. Could you add a rocket launcher to the game?' It doesn't work like that. It's more like, 'Okay, how can we help you to shape and build a world that feels really unique?' That's the only thing.

About your question about Sony, we are under an NDA, but the relationship with them is good. It's not about trying to make the game something different, this is more about what the vision for Rime was. That's it.

Full article here.

Looks consistent with all of their past trailers, which is a good sign.

With that said, I feel like it's lost some of it's luster compared to when it was originally unveiled. So many great titles that had a similar aesthetic have been released since then (The Last Guardian, The Witness, Firewatch, etc..) that this seems a little bit less special than it used to.

Still looking forward to it, though. I'll make a purchase depending on how the reviews turn out.

foxbeldin

239473_osgkb.gif

Top Bottom