• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rime Re-Reveal gameplay trailer (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch, May 2017)

wtl0bMW.gif

Glad they didn't give up on this, been on board ever since it was first revealed.

jett

D-Member
I'm surprised this game was actually real. Good for them. If it gets good impressions I'll try it out.

WITHE1982

Looks interesting but, given the strange development history the project has gone through, I'll definitely be waiting on reviews before taking the plunge.

Well going from fake to potentially real might have something to do with that.

Lol, yeah. I just went back and looked at the first fake footage trailer for the game and it's obvious the feel of it is kind of missing from this new real one. I can't really put my finger on it. I mean they both look visually similar, but the fake footage still looks better.

Ridley327

Looks very different from the original reveal.

If anything, this gives a lot of credence to the reports that there really wasn't a game when Sony was publishing it, leading to CG trailers to fake it.

Hence, my own trepidation on supporting this game from the jump.

Sealtest

I remember just looking past this at the reveal but this new trailer made it look great.

I'll prolly buy it on Switch depending on how well it runs if not I'll get it on PS4.

Icolin

Banned
Well, looking a lot like my favourite game of all time (see avatar) helps its cause, but I'm very trepidatious over this game after the fallout w/ Sony. Looks rad, though.

farisr

Usually I don't care for reviews/impressions before getting a game that I had been interested in and buy these kinds of games near launch to show support even though I don't get around to playing them for a long time. But after all the news about it basically being a CGI trailer at the beginning (which is what got me interested in the game when I though it was gameplay) and all the troubled development, and all the weird news coming out of the studio, I'll definitely be waiting for some impressions for this one.

Hope it turns out well.

Nbz

Don't trust these guys in the slightest after those stories came out. Hope the game is good, but I'm not holding my breath

psyfi

Banned
stopped watching halfway through
because I'm fucking sold DAY ONE

The music gave me Joe Hisaishi vibes

whyman

Damn, I was hoping they were going back to the open world, hunting and crafting, exploration gameplay. That sounded awesome. Design is ok, feels a bit overused.

I feel like almost everything I saw in that trailer, from artistic direction down to gameplay ideas is something I've already seen in other games, rather directly too. The tree scene for instance reminds me of the temple in The Witness. I'm sure it's just inspiration but it feels rather direct in a number of areas. The day/night ball feels like something I've seen before too, but I can't remember which game.

Cautiously optimistic about this one, looks pretty good!

Yeah this is where I am too! Loved the original reveal and was bummed when it was outted as being fake. Hoping for the best.

Also for all the times we have had a troubled game turn to exclusivity for survival (Which causes butthurt-itis to run rampant), we finally have a game that did the opposite. Can we at least applaud this?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Looks cool but really leary based on the developers past games and the apparently troubled development of this

Timeaisis

If anything, this gives a lot of credence to the reports that there really wasn't a game when Sony was publishing it, leading to CG trailers to fake it.

Hence, my own trepidation on supporting this game from the jump.

Yes, I was kind of afraid of that as well. I suppose we will see.

Panda Rin

Looks okay - I think when it was first revealed, it was pretty impressive for a small studio, but we've seen so many of these sort of games come out since then.Coupled with the troubled development cycle, can't be too excited for this one.

Top Bottom