• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

carlsojo

This episode kind of confirms all of the parents in town are scumbags/insane with the exception (so far) of Archie's dad and Kevin's dad. Like damn, this town is messed up.

Yep :D I was doing that too ;)

This guy right here too.

Disappointed there aren't gifs of the hallway strut yet.

shira

All they need for me is another 90210 guest/cameo and I'll be completely satisfied.

Expectations 99% met

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Hahaha that guy on the left when the Pussycats are walking down the hallway.
If you mean the guy who brought his fist up to his mouth when he saw them, then he got me laughing my head off too when I saw him.
This episode kind of confirms all of the parents in town are scumbags/insane with the exception (so far) of Archie's dad and Kevin's dad. Like damn, this town is messed up.

This guy right here too.

Disappointed there aren't gifs of the hallway strut yet.
he even does it twice lol

GrbeO19.gif

QtxQUeo.gif

Just watched it. Damn, Josie's dad is such a dick. All the parents outside Fred and Sheriff Keller are bad people. Jeez.

Val is amazing and I'm glad she's getting character development. Happy Josie is becoming more than a diva jerk too.

Polly being pregnant was something I started to expect so I wasn't surprised at the reveal. Didn't expect the whole Jason running away thing to be about raising a family, though the drugs in the back of the car kinda set off some alarm bells regarding that idea. The show is definitely setting up one of Betty's parents to be the killer but I feel like there's gonna be a swerve somewhere.

Betty and Jughead being somewhat of an item is something I expected, but not something that I thought Juggy would initiate. Kinda funny how Archie was kept away from the mystery despite wanting to be a part of it this time. Appreciated the Scooby Gang reference.

Veronica in the Pussycats suit... damn.

And finally: That product placement is hilarious. Feels intentionally funny, actually. Archie gonna get too influenced by his DC collection soon enough.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Solid episode.

And finally: That product placement is hilarious. Feels intentionally funny, actually. Archie gonna get too influenced by his DC collection soon enough.

I'm just waiting for Barry and Kara to jump into Riverdale where they help Archie in the Battle of the Bands against the Pussycats.

Tnh I think I care far more about the regular drama than the murder mystery crap.

Nice that we got note Josie focus this episode, never realised how drop dead gorgeous she was before.

I prefer my Jugheads sexless. Don't like this.

Fancolors

Just watched this episode.

I know this has been said many times, but man this show is good.

Archie is still as interesting as a brick, but at least he's there to keep new best girl Val around. Bughead is cute, but I think I would prefer if he was assexual. Can't wait to see how Veronica will act now that whatever trust she had on her mother is gone. I hope Josie's issues lead us somewhere, because I can't see it being tied to anything else on the show.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
and just for fun:

ZSWVngE.gif

I keep telling people The CW needs a show based off Nana. The fashion designer product placement would pay for the show.

We also know that Archie is a DC Rebirth fan. I don't know how to feel about that.

caliph95

Man, I felt the same way when Archie went "I don't think I know who (Bob Dylan) is."
Most of all of my knowledge of music is concentrated to Hip-hop, R7B and some pop music along with basic stuff i learned in middle and primary school. I know who Bob Dylan is and i'm not a musician.

VeeP

I keep telling people The CW needs a show based off Nana. The fashion designer product placement would pay for the show.

We also know that Archie is a DC Rebirth fan. I don't know how to feel about that.

WHAAAT.

DC Rebirth has been amazing.

Superman, Action Comics, Nightwing, Detective Comics, Green Lantern, Teen Titans, etc. have all been great.

How are you not enjoying it :/?

caliph95

WHAAAT.

Superman, Action Comics, Nightwing, Detective Comics, Green Lantern, Teen Titans, etc. have all been great.

It probably not the DC thing he has contention with but Archie liking something he does. Just guessing probably horribly wrong.

Parahan

AV Club using the first half of this weeks review of Riverdale to detail how and why Archie is actually an unintelligent idiot on this show is pretty hilarious.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/riverd...utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing

This is so true. Especially the part where he said “I was born alone. I’ll die alone. I’ll sing alone.” . It felt like a kid repeating a dialogue he saw on an afternoon soap.

I also expected him to trip over the wires or something after his decent performance, but I guess it's too much to expect an otherwise subversive take to fully embrace the goffy slapstick , no-so-brigtht comics version of Archie.

Joni

Wow, major props to CW for getting music from the show up so fast.

I was just curious to see the name of a song and found out that almost every song is already up on Amazon and iTunes. Awesome.

And very useful that they can be Shazamed.

I'm just waiting for Barry and Kara to jump into Riverdale where they help Archie in the Battle of the Bands against the Pussycats.

If only that was the twist of the music meister.

emag

Just finished last week's episode and Betty's dad is super suspicious now. Probably my suspect number one. Also I hate Cheryl's mom. I also think Jason and Cheryl maybe had an affair.

Time to watch this week's episode.

The Blossom parents are as suspect as anyone. Jason had besmirched the family's honor multiple times over (getting with Polly, dealing drugs, running away) and they're controlling as hell. Moreover, they've got tremendous motive to destroy the evidence, as it's also proof of Jason's failings.

I don't think the show is going to touch the twincest thing.

Mortemis

Banned
Just watched each episode to catch up, and dang is this show entertaining. Haven't had a show draw me in like this in a while. I heard good things from friends but I didn't expect the characters to be so well written and drama done so well.

As for the current episode, how far could a pregnant teen go when running away? Doesn't seem like she'd get far or disappear but who knows. As for the car burning, kind of feels weird that the killer or whoever is hiding the evidence from the car would wait until someone found it before burning it. Seeing as both the Blossoms or Coopers wouldn't be at the variety show they're still my suspects, more so for the Blossoms. But knowing these shows, it's always outta left field.

Fuu

Just watched each episode to catch up, and dang is this show entertaining. Haven't had a show draw me in like this in a while. I heard good things from friends but I didn't expect the characters to be so well written and drama done so well.

As for the current episode, how far could a pregnant teen go when running away? Doesn't seem like she'd get far or disappear but who knows. As for the car burning, kind of feels weird that the killer or whoever is hiding the evidence from the car would wait until someone found it before burning it. Seeing as both the Blossoms or Coopers wouldn't be at the variety show they're still my suspects, more so for the Blossoms. But knowing these shows, it's always outta left field.
I think it's likely Polly herself burned the car. She told Betty about it thinking Jason was alive and had removed the car from that place long ago, but after she found out he was dead it became top priority to get rid of it because of its contents. She then ran away from the home and went straight to the car.

Then again, she's pregnant and was probably bleeding as there was blood on the broken window of her room, so I don't know how much of a stretch this is. But it's the only theory I can think of for now that makes sense for the car being burned when it was.

Salvadora

Bit weird how Jughead kissed Betty and there was literally no reaction for the rest of the episode.

Like, not even an acknowledgement.

I figured someone knew about it and was using it as safe storage for the drugs inside, once they realize someone knows about it, they burnt it.

My suspect is Jughead's dad or another one of the Serpents

HeavenlyE

I really hope Betty and Jughead is the endgame and she and Veronica don't fall back into that love triangle with Archie

Also Reggie is really inconsistent with whether he's gonna be an asshole or not

Fuu

Reggie won't have any love for Archie's musical aspirations if that means he might lose a player from the team, especially now that he's captain. He was always accompanied by the other players when he derided Archie this episode.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
They need to focus more on Kevin and his relationships. We haven't seen his new guy since his first appearance. Still waiting on Moose and Kevin to happen.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
WHAAAT.

I miss the old Grayson
Spy suave and bold Grayson
Butt that you could mold Grayson

Rebirth has been okay for me. I just don't like change lol. Green Lanterns has been alright, caught up on that recently. Green Arrow is more of a miss. Good concepts, meh execution.

I'm behind on Nightwing cause it wasn't grabbing me. I might come back if the current arc gets good buzz.

VeeP

I miss the old Grayson
Spy suave and bold Grayson
Butt that you could mold Grayson

Rebirth has been okay for me. I just don't like change lol. Green Lanterns has been alright, caught up on that recently. Green Arrow is more of a miss. Good concepts, meh execution.

I'm behind on Nightwing cause it wasn't grabbing me. I might come back if the current arc gets good buzz.

Personally, I thought Bludhaven arc has been alright, but it's really picking up now. The last issue specifically had some great laughs haha.

If you haven't (you probably have), check out Detective Comics. Probably my favorite Rebirth book.

And if anyone in this thread isn't reading it, read the new Archie comic by Mark Waid. It's great.

Top Bottom