• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

ShadyK54

giphy.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Good episode, it was nice to see the focus swing back to the central mystery.

- Alice Cooper is the least subtle person ever and I love it. Blatantly grilling F.P. at dinner haha. Glad she's working at the school
- Cheryl making a Lord of the Rings reference as she snatched the ring back lol
- "I love a silver fox."
*buys 10 boxes of silver hair dye*
- I thought Kevin was getting completely shafted for lines but then he busted out the "You people need to get trackers."

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This episode was sooo good, so much fun.

Poor Juggie, in the middle of the betrayalton.

Cheryl is basically a time bomb right now, still killing it with the name-calling and one liners though: ”Nightmare Smurfette", ”Hands off, Gollum." :lol.

And DAT promo.

Can confirm Jason's killer will be revealed next episode.

Thanks man. Appreciate the insight! Cool of you to post here too. Looking forward to next week!

So my theory on the killer:
I think it's Jason's Father. Jason wanted out of the business and threw Polly's ring at him, so I think the betrayal led him to kill his own son and then try to frame FP and associate Hiram Lodge to the murder. This is just a complete guess by the way. I have zero inside info.

Just wanted to get it in here just in case I turn out to be right. Guess we'll find out next week.

SRG01

Thanks man. Appreciate the insight! Cool of you to post here too. Looking forward to next week!

So my theory on the killer:
I think it's Jason's Father. Jason wanted out of the business and threw Polly's ring at him, so I think the betrayal led him to kill his own son and then try to frame FP and associate Hiram Lodge to the murder. This is just a complete guess by the way. I have zero inside info.

Just wanted to get it in here just in case I turn out to be right. Guess we'll find out next week.

My theory is
Hal, since being at the dinner gives him the perfect cover, and he knows FP is driving them to the dance

Alternatively, Joachim and he's secretly working for someone else.

I still believe that it's
Fake Grundy

Betty accidentally stole the murder weapon from her car, and her mom ended up with it.

Edit: Goddamnit, Alice has the gun in the preview. Throw that out the window

Pluto

Spoiler tags are supposed to be used for actual spoilers not theories.

I've said since the pilot that daddy cooper is the killer and I stand by that theory.

Pluto

I'm with you although it seems to obvious.
Maybe it is a bit too obvious but many expect a super surprising reveal out of left field so having the suspicious guy who hates the Blossom's with a passion and had a motive because Jason wanted to run away with his daughter could actually be a surprising reveal for a big part of the audience.

Can't be him/her, too obvious is something I read quite often when it comes to mysteries.

ZeroX03

Banned
By the way, a good deal of the early spoilers for later episodes were debunked. Someone had screener access but the stuff beyond that was made up.

I was thinking Mr. Cooper too, but after Alice accused him it seems too obvious.

Joni

Father Blossom looked really suspect so I'm assuming it is mother Blossom. She is the one that hasn't looked that suspect yet. Unless mom Archie did it.

Replicant

Daddy Cooper is the only one played by a relatively unknown actor. Unless Madchen Amick is too busy due to new Twin Peaks, I don't see them using any of the famous parents (Luke Perry, Molly Ringwald, Skeet Ulrich, Madchen, etc) as the killer.

ZeroX03

Banned
Daddy Cooper is the only one played by a relatively unknown actor. Unless Madchen Amick is too busy due to new Twin Peaks, I don't see them using any of the famous parents (Luke Perry, Molly Ringwald, Skeet Ulrich, Madchen, etc) as the killer.

I don't know if Lochlyn Munro is an unknown. He's very much a "hey, it's that guy!" actor. He's been in everything. Which probably makes him even more likely to be the killer...

LakeEarth

Maybe in comparison. I recognized him right away, mostly for his roles in Freddy vs Jason and Scary Movie.

Joni

Momma and Poppa Blossom are played by completely unknown actors.

ZeroX03

Banned
Were the leaks from a while back correct, i read them but i have forgotten everything.

No, they weren't. It was stuff from the screeners so the first four episodes were accurate and past that some good guesses, some things turned out right, but others were completely off the mark.

Sean C

The other factor, as far as the parents go, is how it would affect the kids' living situations. I've seen some people suspecting it was Hermione, for instance, but where would that leave Veronica? (and beyond that, it seems like having Hermione in jail would be much less dramatically interesting than having her still in the picture when Hiram gets out)

On that metric, the potentially suspect parents would be:

1) Hal (Betty doesn't live with him anyway).
2) Either or both of the Blossoms (since Grandma Blossom is still around).
3) F.P., even though we know he's being framed, though he's an accessory after the fact at this point.

doop_

Banned
No, they weren't. It was stuff from the screeners so the first four episodes were accurate and past that some good guesses, some things turned out right, but others were completely off the mark.
Woo, no spoilers then. I hope Sabrina shows up though.

You can't follow anyone famous if that irritates you. I still follow some of them because they're awesome.

Most of the famous people I follow aren't really super active or have a Twitter following that's exploded so much so quickly with the target demo of Riverdale which is also probably the most active on Twitter and the demo I find the most grating, I still follow Marisol Nichols and the official Twitter but I think that's it. Do kinda miss the back and fourths.

I also got a few hang ups on following people much younger than me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom