• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleunv

Stats like number of ball touches, distance traveled, time spent in air, ball possession, etc would be pretty awesome to see post-game :)

Ardenyal

is an aerial something more than hitting the ball in the air? like does it have to not bounce before it scores? hit it in mid air, got the goal, no achievement :(

Hit the ball roughly higher than the cross bar on the goal and it will count as an ariel hit.

Also when you clear a ball that was close to the goal but is not in the box, you only get +20 for the clear and nothing close to a save. I hope they try to improve on some of the scoring and yes, awards for offense AND defense would be great.

Yeah it'd be nice to see some improvements.

They can combine specific points for awarding different roles. Also, we should see some new point rewards.

For example, demolishing an opponent and scoring within the few seconds of the opponent being demolished should result in a "Demolition Assist" which contributes to Best Wingman award.

Best Wingman would combine points for centers, clears, assists, and demolition assists.

In the MLG finals, that demolition was crucial for that goal, so it'd be nice to see a proper reward.

I'd like to see extra assist points for assisting off a wall bounce. I set up some sweet wall hits, and while I get an aerial hit, it'd be cool if it counted as a wall assist if a teammate scores it. I'm not sure how juggling points work, but it'd be neat to get Juggle Goals too.

Post-game awards for scoring after the buzzer, breaking a tie in the last 10 seconds, or forcing a tie in the last 10 seconds are all cool stats to reward.

I'd love to show off my stats too, and this is where presentation can be improved.

Season mode has really neat presentation.

When a match starts, instead of sitting at the starting position, it'd be cool if we got a quick overview of the players:

maxresdefault.jpg

So beautiful. Give us a generic Orange vs Blue logo or let us eventually create our own clubs. Fill the players below the team logos and highlight our stats like W/L %, Epic Saves, Skill Rating, etc.

So much awesome potential. I keep nerding out about it, but I love thinking about where this game can go

We had a bunch in the original game that we could draw from. Will bring it up this week.

As for stat tracking stuff.. it's a really big problem to automatically distinguish something like a useful "clear" that stops a goal vs. a random one that doesn't matter so much. Saves right now require the ball's trajectory to be sending it into the goal within limits on distance/speed, which works fairly well, but obviously doesn't track stuff like high clearing what will obviously be an aerial goal. I totally get the motivation to be better recognized for you're doing (on defense in particular) but it's not always possible to distinguish this stuff unfortunately. Doesn't mean we won't try, just saying it's not an easily scoped feature we can just tack onto the to-do list.

Ah, I dont actually mind the distinguishing part. Sounds like too much work to do that.

I just want some way to split the MVP award into three separate awards that take the existing point values and combine specific ones.

So for Best Defender, you can combine clears, saves, epic saves. Is that possible?

Thanks for answering though!

AcridMeat

Banned
We had a bunch in the original game that we could draw from. Will bring it up this week.

As for stat tracking stuff.. it's a really big problem to automatically distinguish something like a useful "clear" that stops a goal vs. a random one that doesn't matter so much. Saves right now require the ball's trajectory to be sending it into the goal within limits on distance/speed, which works fairly well, but obviously doesn't track stuff like high clearing what will obviously be an aerial goal. I totally get the motivation to be better recognized for you're doing (on defense in particular) but it's not always possible to distinguish this stuff unfortunately. Doesn't mean we won't try, just saying it's not an easily scoped feature we can just tack onto the to-do list.
I think if you guys counted any clearance within a certain distance of the goal, especially those slow balls that linger in the box waiting to be punched in, should be counted as a save. I don't know how feasible it is, but those are the most memorable moments where I think a player should be rewarded.

Maybe not a save but "epic clearance" or "clutch clearance" like you have epic saves.

alba

Little is the new Big
Yeah it'd be nice to see some improvements.

They can combine specific points for awarding different roles. Also, we should see some new point rewards.

For example, demolishing an opponent and scoring within the few seconds of the opponent being demolished should result in a "Demolition Assist" which contributes to Best Wingman award.

Best Wingman would combine points for centers, clears, assists, and demolition assists.

In the MLG finals, that demolition was crucial for that goal, so it'd be nice to see a proper reward.

I'd like to see extra assist points for assisting off a wall bounce. I set up some sweet wall hits, and while I get an aerial hit, it'd be cool if it counted as a wall assist if a teammate scores it. I'm not sure how juggling points work, but it'd be neat to get Juggle Goals too.

Post-game awards for scoring after the buzzer, breaking a tie in the last 10 seconds, or forcing a tie in the last 10 seconds are all cool stats to reward.

I'd love to show off my stats too, and this is where presentation can be improved.

Season mode has really neat presentation.

When a match starts, instead of sitting at the starting position, it'd be cool if we got a quick overview of the players:

maxresdefault.jpg

So beautiful. Give us a generic Orange vs Blue logo or let us eventually create our own clubs. Fill the players below the team logos and highlight our stats like W/L %, Epic Saves, Skill Rating, etc.

So much awesome potential. I keep nerding out about it, but I love thinking about where this game can go

Couldn't have said it any better. Great post and I agree on all your points.

It's a great mode! Great way to practice picking your spots and making the most out of your hits. Also scrums/deflecting their hits etc.

I dunno what it is, I mean, if everyone is chasing the ball like headless chickens, 4v4 is bad (albeit funny at times). But if people are more level-headed, you're more open to doing random things than in other modes. Especially on a bigger map like Ultima (wait, is it called Ultima? The new map).

Unicorn

I dunno what it is, I mean, if everyone is chasing the ball like headless chickens, 4v4 is bad (albeit funny at times). But if people are more level-headed, you're more open to doing random things than in other modes. Especially on a bigger map like Ultima (wait, is it called Ultima? The new map).
Utopia

Nabs

wow the game is suddenly running really badly for me wtf

framerate drops all over the place. did something happen?

Did you do something to your computer?

I felt like I lost frames after upgrading to Windows 10, but there's a shot it's been like that all along. I now run the game with fancy shaders disabled.

Salsa

nope. still on win7

I just updated drivers now jic but I have no idea what's up. not talking about 5 frames either, game was chugging bad whenever something big happened. to like the 40s

Hasney

It's lag, kinda. The server is calculating things as well, so it feels like frames are dropping when they don't perform as well as they should. It's why the Euro servers were hell for so long despite single figure pings.

Salsa

that's generally what I was asking tho, if its something most people were experiencing right now cause servers state or something

really hard to discern

A couple of times on the new map I get into a weird state where I am looking straight down. Ball cam or not, doesn't matter, I can't see squat. It's totally unplayable.

Anyone else see something like this?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
A couple of times on the new map I get into a weird state where I am looking straight down. Ball cam or not, doesn't matter, I can't see squat. It's totally unplayable.

Anyone else see something like this?

Yep, happens every now and then since the last patch. It usually fixes itself for me by switching back and forth between cameras a bit, or otherwise after the first goal. But yeah, it's pretty annoying.

I hope you guys aren't getting overwhelmed by feature requests. How big is the team at Psyonix?

Out of his suggestions I like incorporating the presentation of season mode the best. As a programmer I recognize how stat tracking everything close to a save is difficult.

I don't know how it is on Twitter, but it's cool here that the suggestions come from a positive place of "wouldn't it be cool if."

Lunar FC

After one of my best days of playing and getting my 3v3 ranked up to 890's. I've lost ten straight today and can't do anything right, back down to 780's. Frustrating.

J. Bravo

anyone tryna ball up? i just scored 5 of the 6 goals in my first 2v2. on point it seems. must be the combination of weed vyvanse 5hour energy post workout pump and empty stomach. focus.

psn: thehaighter

SCR

Neo Member
How do you get the drive 500km trophy??? I've played this game daily since the day it hit ps+ I gotta be close anyone know what's up with this?

Did you play a lot of single or multi-player? There was a glitch in the beginning that didn't count multiplayer miles. There was a patch a couple weeks ago that fixed it so its been counting MP since then. The kilometers you had before don't stack though.

I started playing this after the mlg thread that was on here a few days ago. This is so good, got denied in my first season on game 9 of a winning streak but still fun.

Did you play a lot of single or multi-player? There was a glitch in the beginning that didn't count multiplayer miles. There was a patch a couple weeks ago that fixed it so its been counting MP since then. The kilometers you had before don't stack though.

Oh wow. Yup purely multiplayer. Damn oh well guess I'll get it eventually, thanks.

hao chi

Player base doesn't really matter since it's crossplay between the platforms. And it has sold almost a million on PC anyway, so even without PS4 players it's a very healthy player base.

Go with the version you can play with friends on and if that doesn't matter, PC is definitely the better version if your PC is good enough.

Uh... Did you mean to quote me then reiterate what I said?

hydruxo

After one of my best days of playing and getting my 3v3 ranked up to 890's. I've lost ten straight today and can't do anything right, back down to 780's. Frustrating.

Yeah I had the same thing happen to me last night. Oh well, ranked scores are getting reset soon anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom