• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donos

2on2 marathon.
Sometimes you just meet the typical 14 year old (behaviour) guy with xXx_name_xXx as team partner.
We get the 0:1 after 10 second and he already wants to forfeit.. (reminds me of CS "retry" guys when K:D gets 0:1) Then we work us up again to 1:1 and i push in the 2:1 in, which my team partner shot but the other team was close to saving it. Team partner writes "STEALER".... And after we manage a hard fought and close 3:2, he just writes "eZ" ...
Can i turn off the "chat" completely?

Birth of a Legend

https://youtu.be/YHkeCmyKTsw

absolutely amazing.

Was already laughing half way through. Very nice.

Anyone else have a problem with rocket league having a black screen when launching and then cutting back/minimizing to the desktop? Its still running but each time I click on the tab it does the same thing. Yes I re installed the game, it fixed it for a little while, but now its doing it again. Its getting kind of infuriating. Also I cant search for any fixes on google because it only shows up with league of legends results for some reason.

Just had a TEN MINUTE OT and hooooly shiiiiite. My palms were sweating and my controller is the nastiest it's ever been.

Bloody hell. That was a fantastic game.

Dr Prob

Banned
Feel like there should be an option to turn off the in-game name plates and just use the doritos/little markers. Playing against some PC people earlier who had really long names (didn't even show up in the chat window, would just display as " :Nice shot!" and couldn't see shit when they were near each other. Granted, that's a bit of an extreme example but it can also get a little messy in 3v3/4v4 games to the point where if people are bunched up the ball can seemingly come out of nowhere as all you can see is a jumble of names.

Not a huge deal, but given the option I'd switch that right away.

Blue deserved to lose. Instead of being aware of where teammates are all 3 players converge on the ball. If one of them just hung back and paid attention they could have got to the net on time to tap it in and it would have been an amazing pass.

It is ludicrous to want some bizarre rule change like having to clear the ball off the line just because you lose a few games that way. Put more power into the shot. If someone else shoots it make sure it stays in the air / won't bounce on the line.

You have the whole game + overtime to win it. The ball having to hit the ground is all that is necessary for a last chance / exciting finish.

Salsa

man

I really don't know what's up but the game has been running like garbage specially on 3v3 for me for like more than a week now

I have no idea what's up

did performance randomly get worse for anyone else??

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
man

I really don't know what's up but the game has been running like garbage specially on 3v3 for me for like more than a week now

I have no idea what's up

did performance randomly get worse for anyone else??

Server connections or just how the game performs in general? Been fine for me. Servers can be wonky sometimes.

Salsa

Server connections or just how the game performs in general? Been fine for me. Servers can be wonky sometimes.

nope I get shit performance with bots too

it's super weird. Its like the game suddenly got more demanding out of the blue

im on an overclocked 680 and an i5 2500k at 4.3ghz

I should and was able to run at constant 60 just fine

other games are running as good as ever

no clue.

Hasney

nope I get shit performance with bots too

it's super weird. Its like the game suddenly got more demanding out of the blue

im on an overclocked 680 and an i5 2500k at 4.3ghz

I should and was able to run at constant 60 just fine

other games are running as good as ever

no clue.

Disconnect the internet and try running it offline and see if that does anything. I noticed my games with bots were running odd too so I don't know if it stutters trying to keep a connection to a server even offline.

If that doesn't work, no idea. I get over 60 on my 560ti with only AA dialled down.

2on2 marathon.
Sometimes you just meet the typical 14 year old (behaviour) guy with xXx_name_xXx as team partner.
We get the 0:1 after 10 second and he already wants to forfeit.. (reminds me of CS "retry" guys when K:D gets 0:1) Then we work us up again to 1:1 and i push in the 2:1 in, which my team partner shot but the other team was close to saving it. Team partner writes "STEALER".... And after we manage a hard fought and close 3:2, he just writes "eZ" ...
Can i turn off the "chat" completely?

Under options and, I think, Audio you can make chat team only or off completely.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I am playing some of the best rocket league ever and i am still losing 10 games in a row regularly. I mean sometimes i have more points than the mvp of the other team.

The ranking system in this game is infuriating. If i lose yet i am the top player i should lose no points. If you win and you are the lowest point earner you should gain no points.

Having everything based on winning is dumb as shit since wins are not indicative of skill in a game were you have to carry your team every game because the matchmaker teams you with bads.

Also, I play on ps4 and i am seeing a trend of the team with the most pc players winning. I don't think pc players are better but i do think the framerate advantage is aiding them. Devs should drop some of the graphical shit and make every ps4 track run at 60fps. They should also lock pc framerate and ban ini tweakers.

Personlly im thinking of switching to pc so its easier to coach up my teammates.

So many bad habits...

Salsa

yeah.. randomly running better

imma blame the servers I guess

im enjoying the game a lot more lately that matchmakin has been throwing me veterans

Salsa

really diggin Takumi for angled shots lately

BackIdleArgali.gif

GenuineAffectionateAfricanwildcat.gif

dunno if its the size or what but moving that car in the air feels great

I'll be on later (if you're interested in suffering my n00bish glory). steamname's same as here.

really diggin Takumi for angled shots lately

BackIdleArgali.gif

GenuineAffectionateAfricanwildcat.gif

dunno if its the size or what but moving that car in the air feels great

I've been experimenting with cars I've unlocked, but I keep coming back to the Gizmo. I don't know how much of this is superstition and witchcraft and how much is legit though.

Salsa

played a bunch of 1v1 with Unicorn cause people didnt join or if they did they left :(

whassup? RocketGAF dead since the move to community?

played a bunch of 1v1 with Unicorn cause people didnt join or if they did they left :(

whassup? RocketGAF dead since the move to community?

I left cause I had to grab dinner. The GAF community really has slowed down. If you guys are still on I can make a group message on steam to see if anyone joins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom