• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone else in the 3.0 firmware beta on PS4:

I made a quick Rocket community for us. It's called Rocket-GAF. If you're friends with me you can find it under communities, if not just send me a friend's request on PSN (crblahblah) or just leave your tag here and I'll invite you if I haven't yet.

AcridMeat

Banned
Team Crouchy's Nachos vs ScreamingDJHyd is about to be played here.
b4sSuPt.png

Archive here since it was a quick two games

pakkit

Banned
this game is addictive as hell. i've had it for two days now and it's all i've been playing.

the matchmaking has done a good job matching me with fellow accident-prone semi-decent players. almost every game has been close.

So...they turned up the difficulty in season mode. All Star...last week I won the championship.

I just got beat handily 3 games in a row.

I've had to restart my season each time because I'm trying to have an undefeated season. If I lose, I start the season over. No restart of games either.

deleted

Hey there RL GAF!

Since Valve was so nice to provide me with a copy for preordering their controller and Link, I played around with the game the last two days a little bit.

While it feels fantastic, some questions came up:

The cars all have the same acceleration and only differ slightly in the hitbox department?!
Is it possible to spectate games from a friend? I've looked around for a dedicated spectate button and found none. Do I have to join a game and then drop out into spectator mode?

Anybody here been online with 2-4 local people? Is it possible to change the names from xyla(2)-(4) to something else?

FUN FACT: Our next update (in two weeks or less) will add a music player interface to menu screens so you can cycle through the game's tunes

BTW, the 1.05 Update (available in 2 weeks or less) will add the "Find New Match" option to Ranked endgame screen (sorry it took so long)

By pop. demand (and as @DunhamSmash promised Kevin on his show) the @Attack flag is coming to Rocket League in 1.05! http://supercreative.tv/rocketleague/

The_Poet

Banned
So I play on PC, Im wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

Nearly 80% of the games where I have a ps4 player on my team, I lose.

There is a DRAMATIC difference in average skill between PC players and ps4 players I've found.

Not helped by the fact that ps4 players have a WAY higher ping (120ms+ on average)

There is a DRAMATIC difference in average skill between PC players and ps4 players I've found.

Not helped by the fact that ps4 players have a WAY higher ping (120ms+ on average)

I haven't noticed that at all. I've noticed there are way more PS4 players than PC players...but I haven't noticed I've lost more with PSN players on my team. I haven't been looking for it though.

78 hours in.

So, how does rocketgaf work? I simply search for rocketgaf?

Ocho

Hey there RL GAF!

Since Valve was so nice to provide me with a copy for preordering their controller and Link, I played around with the game the last two days a little bit.

While it feels fantastic, some questions came up:

The cars all have the same acceleration and only differ slightly in the hitbox department?!
Is it possible to spectate games from a friend? I've looked around for a dedicated spectate button and found none. Do I have to join a game and then drop out into spectator mode?

Anybody here been online with 2-4 local people? Is it possible to change the names from xyla(2)-(4) to something else?

Yes, same acceleration, slight hit box adjustments.

Spectator mode is only available in private matches. Indeed you need to join match and join spectator.

Never played local.

deleted

Yes, same acceleration, slight hit box adjustments.

Spectator mode is only available in private matches. Indeed you need to join match and join spectator.

Never played local.

Thanks!

Well I guess they'll keep patching this baby up, since it was way more successful then expected. I hope they'll figure out a way to spectate ranked matches.

I haven't noticed any real difference but if this were true it could be because most PS4 players got it for free vs PC players had to plunk down money for it. So there could be a bunch of PS4 players just giving it a half-hearted go?

If you really believe this I suggest disabling crossplay.

You can't (yet) disable crossplay if you're on PC. You can do it on PS4. According to a tweet Psyonix just sent out, PC players will be able to disable crossplay in the matchmaking with the next update (1.05).

AcridMeat

Banned
FUN FACT: Our next update (in two weeks or less) will add a music player interface to menu screens so you can cycle through the game's tunes

BTW, the 1.05 Update (available in 2 weeks or less) will add the "Find New Match" option to Ranked endgame screen (sorry it took so long)
They listened! :D

I haven't noticed that at all. I've noticed there are way more PS4 players than PC players...but I haven't noticed I've lost more with PSN players on my team. I haven't been looking for it though.

78 hours in.

So, how does rocketgaf work? I simply search for rocketgaf?

If you're referring to the Community group with the new firmware, I'm not sure there's a way to search yet. You can send me a message on PSN or maybe scroll through the list of communities and it could be there, but I don't know since I haven't checked.

Sorry.

Ohh that was a nice goal.

Is it wrong that I'm every bit as excited to play RL tonight as I am MGSV?

It's so much fun. I haven't tired of the nightly games a bit. I had MGS sitting there but immediately went to see who was playing Rocket League still.

LordofPwn

anyone else on Ps4 getting weird audio issues? Sometimes all the sound goes out, and then after the match the game is stuck on the loading screen.
yes. not sure what causes it but have had it happen usually after long sessions.

So...they turned up the difficulty in season mode. All Star...last week I won the championship.

I just got beat handily 3 games in a row.

I've had to restart my season each time because I'm trying to have an undefeated season. If I lose, I start the season over. No restart of games either.
they didnt turn up difficulty. AI is random

Nope. Just bigger population of PS4 players.
I have noticed that PC gamers are 150% more likely to be jerks though

Suggestion for dlc.

College Football Helmets

They'd make a killing. Obviously they'd have to share profits with the universities, but they could probably make enough. I'd pay $10 for a uVA helmet instead of a construction hard hat.

1.5 Round Up
Season 1 will start with our next update

add the "Find New Match" option to Ranked endgame screen

PC players will be able to filter PS4 players out of their matchmaking search

will correct the issue that caused PC players to appear nameless to PS4 players following suspend/ resume

PS4 Text chat will properly work after suspend/ resume

add a music player interface to menu screens so you can cycle through the game's tunes

mproved corruption protection to help

Changes/improvements to Utopia

Adding @attack and Chivalry Flags

Server maintenance in a few hours. They're prepping for Season 1 (per their tweet). You think we're getting patch 1.05 this weekend? The last patch was approved quicker than they thought it would IIRC.

J. Bravo

When do people start getting good in ranked 1v1? I've gone from 102 to 40x in like 1.5 hours. And I'm the farthest thing from good at this game lol

Is there any advantages to using the normal cam over ball cam? Ever since I started playing I've been using the ball cam for a majority of the time, and so do most of my friends. Though one of my friends(which I play the most with in 2v2) refuses to use the ball cam. I can't tell if it's hampering our game or not. I always felt the ball cam helps to keep pressure on the opposing side by being able to intercept the ball easier.

The_Poet

Banned
Is there any advantages to using the normal cam over ball cam? Ever since I started playing I've been using the ball cam for a majority of the time, and so do most of my friends. Though one of my friends(which I play the most with in 2v2) refuses to use the ball cam. I can't tell if it's hampering our game or not. I always felt the ball cam helps to keep pressure on the opposing side by being able to intercept the ball easier.

Its best to switch depending on the situation.

I use ball cam a lot of the time especially when defending and going for fairly straight aerials.

I switch it off when trying to hit a wall shot, looking for boost, lining up an awkward shot etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom