• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocho

The worst thing about this game is the community. I try to stay friendly to create a good atmosphere but not everyone feels that way. Yesterday me and a friend were down 3-0 and the other guys started to write "rekt" in the chat. We turned that game around and won on overtime so I wrote "rekt" once back and they started calling us names and saying it was undeserved, I mean really? Yeah we're not the greatest at it but damn, some guys are not making this very fun to play.

The worst I've got were some guys spamming that we were console plebs and ps4 sucked and 30 fps and what not. What are you talking about man, if I can read your chat it means I'm a Steam player.

Cappa

Banned
The worst I've got were some guys spamming that we were console plebs and ps4 sucked and 30 fps and what not. What are you talking about man, if I can read your chat it means I'm a Steam player.
You can read chat no matter what you use to play rocket league :)

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Pulled off my most amazing save so far today. Was driving up the wall and then drove down directly in front of goal to block the shot for an epic save. Felt so good.

The worst thing about this game is the community. I try to stay friendly to create a good atmosphere but not everyone feels that way. Yesterday me and a friend were down 3-0 and the other guys started to write "rekt" in the chat. We turned that game around and won on overtime so I wrote "rekt" once back and they started calling us names and saying it was undeserved, I mean really? Yeah we're not the greatest at it but damn, some guys are not making this very fun to play.

My experience has been very different. Granted I only play 1v1 duel unless I'm playing with people I know so maybe it's different in that mode but 90% of the people I play are very friendly, making frequent use of the quick chat messages and complimenting me on shots and saves.

My experience has been very different. Granted I only play 1v1 duel unless I'm playing with people I know so maybe it's different in that mode but 90% of the people I play are very friendly, making frequent use of the quick chat messages and complimenting me on shots and saves.
Of course saying that everyone is bad would be a lie. I've had games where everyone is complementing each other. Those are a lot more fun and make the game feel like it should feel. Some dudes or dudettes just sitting around playing RC football and recognizing the absurdity of it.

I'm kicking ass lately.

K8v1dHq.jpg

Noaloha

You know what I like most about Rocket League?

I like it when, every so often, something inside me switches off, and I go utterly primal; relinquishing my button inputs to the direct, focused fury of some higher, inner capability. Eye of the storm, calmly, obsessively, tearing around the pitch in a purely instinctual bombardment of flips and boosts.

This game is so good. I usually can't get into MP games; the only ones I ever put any time into were AC Brotherhood and Nidhogg

Usually I hate how you have to sink hours and hours to see good gear and perks and weapons, and it sucks going up against skilled players with all the best gear while you only have starting or early weapons. Competitive MP never really fun for me

Here, there's nothing to unlock. It's all skill based. Everyone's on the same playing field. And the movement alone is so fun; jumping off the wall or boosting through the air to intercept the ball is so satisfying

I'm going to be sinking a lot of time into this

Whoa. Game is averaging 50K-60K players

Never saw it this low, but it does usually go back high on weekends

That's a high number for an mp only game. It's top ten on steam for PC players alone. The first few weeks with super high numbers were bound to drop because the game isn't free anymore and the casual players move on. It's still selling very well so it will probably slowly creep up again.

v1lla21

Whoa. Game is averaging 50K-60K players

Never saw it this low, but it does usually go back high on weekends
School has started. seeing as this was free and it had good word of mouth by prominent YouTubers, my guess is that a good amount of players are little kids/ teens in school.

Zukuu

Banned
Are there any new maps out yet? We have only played when it was released and are waiting till we get new maps before we assembe again for an evening of Rocket League.

You know what I like most about Rocket League?

I like it when, every so often, something inside me switches off, and I go utterly primal; relinquishing my button inputs to the direct, focused fury of some higher, inner capability. Eye of the storm, calmly, obsessively, tearing around the pitch in a purely instinctual bombardment of flips and boosts.

Totally. There are times where you become one with the game and it's almost like you are watching yourself play it instead of actually playing it. And when this happens you are boss and literally take over the game. It's a great feeling.

valeo

Ditto. I didn't notice it when I first played; but since it's gotten a bit more popular every 2nd game or so someone is calling someone else a c*nt/f*ggot over mic.

I was playing 2v2 and a guy on my team called someone on the other team a f*ggot so I started scoring own goals. He got angry and rage quitted.

The next game I went into I was on the opposite team to him - he started berating me, saying he was going to beat my ass etc etc.

I ended up winning 12-2; I scored 8 goals. The biggest winning margin I've had so far. Felt good.

Flunkie

Banned
FUCK the lag, both input and latency, I've been getting lately. this makes the game unplayable for me. FUCK THIS it's infuriating

Let it be known, if I had to vote for everyone to get stabbed once or we anonymously vote for one person to take them all, I would vote for avid Vita lover BioSpock/Dangansona.

Hasney

Hey I played a match of this again last night.... Ended up with the MGS V shakes though.

Gonna be back for that patch though. Should hopefully be done with MGS by that point since I'll be closer to 100 hours. Then it's Rocket League and PES until Fallout.

Patch Notes
Rocket League Patch Notes v1.05
Released: September 10, 2015 | XXX MB

THE HEADLINES
Ranked Season 1 Officially begins
Added multiple Ranked Season Divisions with post-Season
Division placement rewards
Added “Ranked Solo Standard” back to the Online match queue
Made multiple improvements and adjustments to the Utopia Coliseum arena
PC players can now filter PlayStation 4 players out of matchmaking search
Added Music Player interface to all menu screens
Added “Featured Video” to in-game blog roll
Added multiple “Spectate” mode improvements
Added 12 new Community Flags, 2 new Chivalry Flags, and 20+ new Country Flags
Repaired sound-related crash scenario that caused the game to crash on the loading screen after multiple matches
Complete list below…

NEW CONTENT
Antennas
Added “Community Flags”
Angry Army
Anne Munition
The Attack
EMD1
ESL
itmeJP
MLG
Razer
Saudi Gamer
Serious Gaming

Added “Video Games”
Chivalry – Agatha Knights
Chivalry – Mason Order

Added “Country Flags”
Bahrain
Belize
Bhutan
Botswana
Comoros
East Timor
Fiji
Gambia
Guinea-Bissau
Guyana
Kosovo
Lesotho
Macau
Mauritius
Puntland
Réunion
Solomon Islands
Somaliland
Suriname
Swaziland
Western Sahara

NEW FEATURES
Online Play
Added “Find New Match” option to Ranked endgame screen
PC Players can now filter PlayStation 4 players out of matchmaking search

Ranked Season
Season 1 has officially begun and all leaderboards have been reset
The “Solo Standard” 3v3 Ranked Playlist has been re-added
Season Rankings are now based on Rank Points (RP) Rank Points are gained or lost based on Player skill rating, teammates’ skill, and the opponent’s skill (like the Pre-Season rating)
Rank Points change consistently throughout the Season unlike the Pre-Season skill rating, which changed less and less the more games that were played
Earning 100 RP will promote Players to the next Division, but dropping below 0 RP will demote them to the previous Division The Player’s initial division is seeded based on their Pre-Season skill rating
Ranked Divisions are now separated into…
1. Unranked

2. Bronze I

3. Bronze II

4. Bronze III

5. Silver I

6. Silver II

7. Silver III

8. Gold I

9. Gold II

10. Gold III

11. Platinum (Top 100 Players)
Reaching Silver, Gold, or Platinum division rewards players with special reward items at the Season’s end
Note: Season 1 will last for the next several months. An end date will be announced several weeks in advance

UI/ UX
Added Music Player interface to all menu screens
Added “Featured Video” to in-game blog roll
Added “Video Games” sub-section to Garage Items/ Antennas
Spectate Mode: Added persistent nameplate that shows username and stats for all players
Spectate Mode: Added the ability to focus on the ball while in Flycam
(PC) Spectate Mode: Controls now support hotkeys for camera switching between players or free cam

CHANGES AND UPDATES
Ranked Pre-Season is now over (see above)
Improved overall connection reliability

Arena – Utopia Coliseum
Daylight has been changed to earlier in the day
Overall lighting effects and ambiance have been improved
Level boundaries are now more clearly defined
Added new arches around the outside of the playing field (because it looks cooler)
Player start positions and Boost placements have been standardized to match other maps

UI/ UX
Moved “Save Replay” option lower in the post-game screen so it is not selected by default
(PS4) Controller audio has been switched to “Off” by default for single-player, but can be toggled back on via Options menu (Splitscreen controller audio still defaults to “On”)

Garage Items
Antennas
Moved “Blacklight” to “Video Games” folder
Moved “Blacklight: Retribution” to “Video Games” folder
Moved “Edge of Space” to “Video Games” folder
Moved “Fenix Rage” to “Video Games” folder
Moved “Shadowgate” to “Video Games” folder
Moved “Strike Vector EX” to “Video Games” folder
Moved “Unreal” to “Video Games” folder
Moved “Warframe” to “Video Games” folder
Moved “Warframe Chroma” to “Video Games” folder
Moved “Warframe Excalibur” to “Video Games” folder
Moved “Warframe Loki” to “Video Games” folder
(PS4) Moved “Sweet Tooth” to “Video Games” folder

BUG FIXES
General
Direct Input and XInput controllers no longer stop working when played together
Improved protection against corrupted save data
Repaired boundary-collision issue that would sometimes allow players to exit the arena
Fixed random invisibility bug associated with large Boost pick-ups

Audio
Fixed issue that caused in-game sounds to drop in and out
Repaired sound-related crash scenario that caused the game to crash on the loading screen after multiple matches

Maps
Utopia Coliseum: Fixed issue that would sometimes allow the ball to fall through the bottom of the map

UI/ UX
(PS4) Text chat now properly works after suspend/ resume
(PS4) Corrected issue that caused PC players to appear nameless to PS4 players following suspend/ resume

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The FUCK is wrong with the servers? I just got kicked for being idle a second after the match started, twice. And the match before that I got disconnected. Annoying.

EDIT: And now I'm banned because the servers are shit. FUCKING LOL.

EDIT 2: Is it because I didn't have the patch? I checked, and there wasn't one (now there is). Maybe handle that situation more smoothly next time, guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom