• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

Managed to get to 13th on the new leaderboards for goals! Yay? It's something.

Finally convinced my mate today to give it a good go. He told me "it's rubbish" after playing it for 5 minutes. Guess what? He really enjoyed it. Who'd have thought it (2 hours later).

I'll be playing this for years. I can tell.

One thing being spam requested on reddit that I hope Psyonix ignores:

Report function.

totally unnecessary, unrealistic, and sounds like a ton of work to maintain and deal with. Just mute people and move on instead of trying to get a small studio to enforce punishments for bad language

Or do you guys agree and want a report function? Is the griefing that bad?

Sounds like a major drain of time and resources, and seems way too difficult to have someone work through reports of fringe users who are griefing. I'd just very easily like the ability to mute someone and have a "Player Muted" text to shut a user up.

I think it (report function) would be a waste as well. If someone is that bad report to Sony. Otherwise, turning off chat for the other team solves 90% of the problem. And you can turn off chat for your own team to solve the other 10% when you have abusive teammate/s.

Chat is really not necessary in the game. It's fun at first but gets old quick. When I do have it on I barely notice it as way more focused on the game.

So I've been having really terrible lag problems, but it has nothing to do with my internet speed. The reason I know this is because I've connected to three different peoples internet connections, all which are good, and each person could play rocket league with their internet just fine with no lag. But when I connected to their internet on my Surface Pro I experienced lag. The frame rate was smooth but my car was jolting all over the place unpredictably and so was the ball. My brother says it might be a performance problem but I can play the game just fine with bots locally and get a solid 45 FPS on performance settings. Anyone know what might cause this? I'm also getting a red triangle symbol with a cable disconnecting occasionally.

Unicorn

So I've been having really terrible lag problems, but it has nothing to do with my internet speed. The reason I know this is because I've connected to three different peoples internet connections, all which are good, and each person could play rocket league with their internet just fine with no lag. But when I connected to their internet on my Surface Pro I experienced lag. The frame rate was smooth but my car was jolting all over the place unpredictably and so was the ball. My brother says it might be a performance problem but I can play the game just fine with bots locally and get a solid 45 FPS on performance settings. Anyone know what might cause this? I'm also getting a red triangle symbol with a cable disconnecting occasionally.
Sounds like a server issue.

One thing being spam requested on reddit that I hope Psyonix ignores:

Report function.

totally unnecessary, unrealistic, and sounds like a ton of work to maintain and deal with. Just mute people and move on instead of trying to get a small studio to enforce punishments for bad language

Or do you guys agree and want a report function? Is the griefing that bad?

Sounds like a major drain of time and resources, and seems way too difficult to have someone work through reports of fringe users who are griefing. I'd just very easily like the ability to mute someone and have a "Player Muted" text to shut a user up.

Terrible idea. Absolutely terrible. The resources to spend on reading through the cress pool would just harm the developer. Players can be shits, but they will mostly just rage quit (from what I've experienced). Harsh language is not worth spending money on.

Pepiope

Terrible idea. Absolutely terrible. The resources to spend on reading through the cress pool would just harm the developer. Players can be shits, but they will mostly just rage quit (from what I've experienced). Harsh language is not worth spending money on.
I had a couple ranked matches where players purposely allowed the other team to score, luckily as my rank increases I see fewer and fewer of those people, but I imagine that is a problem with some of the lower ranks. Still, I agree that it would be a waste of time.

Yeah, it's a known bug. Happened to me a few times as well. Hope it gets fixed with the coming patch, along with the disappearing nametags, ball/camera bug on Coliseum and those weird bounces on that same map.

yes. not sure what causes it but have had it happen usually after long sessions.
okay, good to know it's not just me. any word on a patch?
Has the distance issue been fixed yet, not sure I want to grind out a few hundred KM still for the platinum, it's all good fun playing but I tire of it quickly when I have so many other games to get playing.
i don't know what this is, what is this?

I would like them to add a centering tutorial. It's crazy how lazy and dreadful the vast majority are at it. It's either a whiff or they just slowly go around the circular portion of the corner and it gets cleared every single time. Do it FIFA style with boxes infront of the goal you're supposed to hit. The way the field is built there's so many ways to get it centered that aren't just hit the ball around the curve.

Also it could highlight that passing/centering in attacking midfield is also an option, not only the corners.

i don't know what this is, what is this?

When the game launched it didn't track your mileage when playing online. That got fixed in the patch about a month ago.

Clydefrog

2:30 AM and I played my first 1 v 1 ranked game. Oh my god.

TzM2jlG.jpg

Majukun

bought the game yesterday..today i made my first epic save (good thing that the game can actually recognize the epic ones) coming down from the wall over the goal

this game can be exilarating

2:30 AM and I played my first 1 v 1 ranked game. Oh my god.

Lol. Played my first the other day too. Won 8-1 and the 1 was an own goal :(

This was after several games unranked with similar scores.

I'm not sure I really like 1 v 1. It's so different from the other modes. Maybe I just need to play more of it or better competition or I'm just lonely / confused by the lack of other players? Something about 1 v 1 just feels off to me.

v1lla21

We need one more team to replace in the 2v2 tournament
If you want to join in PM me your psn/steam along with your partner's and also a team name!

JackHerer

This has become one of my favorite games ever. I just keep going back to it. I play pretty much everyday for a couple hours and I can't see myself stopping. I haven't even touched ranked yet.

Majukun

can someone please explain to me how you jump from the walls?
if i try jump normally the base of the car stays in line with the wall and there's no way to make it parallel to the ground,so all it happens is that you fall to the ground sideways..while i saw on youtube people able to jump,put their car parallel to the ground and even travel with the boost this way

Ocho

if i try jump normally the base of the car stays in line with the wall and there's no way to make it parallel to the ground,so all it happens is that you fall to the ground sideways..while i saw on youtube people able to jump,put their car parallel to the ground and even travel with the boost this way

Press X (xbox controller) or Square (PS controller) to rotate in your own axis.

Pedersen

If you hold in square, you can rotate your car to level it and boost the way you want.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just played against someone ranked Rocketeer. Never seen that before. Smashed 5-0 though haha.
I wonder if that was one of the people who had the bug early in release because I'm closing in on 200 hours and I'm level 41. Just seems like you'd have to play nonstop day and night to even come close.

v1lla21

I have played the Steam version with a 360/PS4 controller before.

Today it is not working. Plugging in at different times, nothing. My friend and I are going crazy. What gives??

Does your ranked score have to do with how many games you've played in that mode? Cause I have played a bunch of twos and when I win I only go up about ~4 points, and I'm at 600 or so. With singles, I've played very few, yet I go up 30 points each win. I just went from 400 to 428 my last victory.

Does your ranked score have to do with how many games you've played in that mode? Cause I have played a bunch of twos and when I win I only go up about ~4 points, and I'm at 600 or so. With singles, I've played very few, yet I go up 30 points each win. I just went from 400 to 428 my last victory.

I think it goes up or down based on your opponent's ranking. I don't know for sure though, some nights I seem to get 8-9/win and others 2-4 and I don't know if it's a coincidence or if my opponents are just lower ranked.

I think it goes up or down based on your opponent's ranking. I don't know for sure though, some nights I seem to get 8-9/win and others 2-4 and I don't know if it's a coincidence or if my opponents are just lower ranked.

Thanks, yeah it's a bit confusing. My buddy was just party leader and he is like rank 300 or less and i'm 620, yet I was getting as many points if not more per win that usual. Weird.

Lazulic

was there any word on if the ranks will be kinda skewed based on your preseason rank? like if im ranked 1000, will that put me at 600 or something like that?

The worst thing about this game is the community. I try to stay friendly to create a good atmosphere but not everyone feels that way. Yesterday me and a friend were down 3-0 and the other guys started to write "rekt" in the chat. We turned that game around and won on overtime so I wrote "rekt" once back and they started calling us names and saying it was undeserved, I mean really? Yeah we're not the greatest at it but damn, some guys are not making this very fun to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom