• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cess007

I've tried with the ball cam on and i get disorientated and can never judge the distance correctly. I like to switch on an off most of the time.

I remember when i started to user Cam Ball i get disorientated as hell! I used to miss clear shots and ram into everything and everyone; but little by little i started to get used to. Now i use it 95% and only turn it off in order to see the pitch at times and look out for a boost.

Happy 1 year anniversary.

I can't believe i've been playing this game almost daily for a full year. My game of the generation.

Grassy

So I'm very LTTP but I bought this game in the recent Steam sale, and I fucking love it. I can't believe I waited this long to get it, it's so much fun and very addictive.

I played a few games last weekend and enjoyed it, but I didn't quite get the hang of it. Then I got home yesterday afternoon from working away this week, and I played for 6 hours straight...holy shit, I'm going to be putting a lot more hours into this game.

TBiddy

Rocket League is absolutely fantastic. I play couch co-op with my buddy, and earlier our evenings always revolved around FIFA. Not so much, anymore, since we now play 2vs2 RL online instead.

We even dabbled in competitive and we got placed in "Prospect 2, division III". We figured that was pretty good, until we looked it up :D

bjaelke

G6ocUvQ.png

I found these inside TAGame.upk (Once decrypted), The crate on the left was added a while back (Hoops update iirc), and as far as I'm aware the key was added in the Neo Tokyo update, I'm not jumping to any kind of conclusions or anything, but it certainly looks like a crate system may be in the works for the game.
Could any Psyonix member please comment?
https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/4ruvt7/csgo_crate_system_planned/d549olv

I kinda like the system we have now and wouldn't have minded a dollar for 5 drops or something like that. It's obvious the crate plus key system makes developers a ton of money though. Not sure how to feel. One one hand they can make crates to support the competitive scene which means bigger pots and more competition on the other is a slippery slope. Psyonix has treated us really great in the past and I hope they don't infuriate their community. If they do go this route I hope they add some value to this and don't just make something we've gotten for free suddenly not be free.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I kinda like the system we have now and wouldn't have minded a dollar for 5 drops or something like that. It's obvious the crate plus key system makes developers a ton of money though. Not sure how to feel. One one hand they can make crates to support the competitive scene which means bigger pots and more competition on the other is a slippery slope. Psyonix has treated us really great in the past and I hope they don't infuriate their community. If they do go this route I hope they add some value to this and don't just make something we've gotten for free suddenly not be free.

I'd better have ads in the arenas then buying crates/keys.

bjaelke

Nothing has been confirmed yet. All speculations at this point. There were also the assets from the volleyball court hidden in the client because someone forgot to delete them before releasing an update.

ChrisD

Nothing has been confirmed yet. All speculations at this point. There were also the assets from the volleyball court hidden in the client because someone forgot to delete them before releasing an update.

A volleyball mode sounds super fun.

Question on drops (PS4): I got the game through Plus. When I play, it's with my brother and in-law on splitscreen. But I'm the only one getting drops anymore. Think we played like ten rounds over last week, and they never got stuff, while I got like four new things. Just horrible luck, or do split-screen "guests" (they have their own PSN but don't own the game) not get drops anymore?

Thanks in advance!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
A volleyball mode sounds super fun.

Question on drops (PS4): I got the game through Plus. When I play, it's with my brother and in-law on splitscreen. But I'm the only one getting drops anymore. Think we played like ten rounds over last week, and they never got stuff, while I got like four new things. Just horrible luck, or do split-screen "guests" (they have their own PSN but don't own the game) not get drops anymore?

Thanks in advance!

They probably have everything common already

Did the new patch break the game? When I click to find match I get a PS menu screen (black one) come up for a few moments and then takes me back to menu, still not searching.

edit: OK restarting application fixed it.

edit again: THe amount of players who cannot KO properly...

Smilax

Is their something wrong with the matchmaking lately? A friend and I recently got back to playing Rocket League after awhile and we were matched up with Rookies and then a Legend with two rookies.

I'm Pro and he's a Veteran, and back then we would be against Pros and Veterans, but now it just seemed very off balanced.

Does anyone know what's up?

Had a weird glitch today playing unranked Doubles. My car got flipped on its back, and I was completely unable to move or do anything. I couldn't even hit escape to quit the match. Someone from the opposing team eventually flipped my car over and I regained control.

Thanks stranger!

Backlogger

How do you see what you need to do to level up your certified item? I read somewhere you can see it in the Garage, but I can't figure it out.

I have the Halo and I think its currently leveled to Skillful Scorer.

Thanks!

Trying to get my last 2 achievements for this game.

Edit: I think for this one I just need to score 100 goals with it equipped. So maybe nvm about my question unless you think i got it wrong.

AlexIIDX

So fucking frustrating trying to get out of prospect elite doing solo standard, especially having a douche teammate purposefully ramming us and doing nothing but typing in chat with no intentions of playing the game.

"DavidShmurda" please ban this asshole

Kayant

Flipsid3 why do they almost always lose these close game series.... Sigh.
SA played insane though probs to them and happy to see they still in let's see if they can beat Mock or wdg.

bjaelke

Losing 8-0 in game 6 and still being able to fight back is damn impressive. I realize that they gave up at some point, but conceding that many goals is never good for your confidence.

Decado

I hope they never do full league reset again. So frustrating.

Yesterday my budy and I played the season 2 grand champion.

Today we played a guy who was in the second highest league...whose random partner was prospect 1 and actually the better player.

Any 1 of those oponents from those two games could have schooled us 1v2.

For reference, last season we were happy if we could stay in challenger 3.

Fuuuuu...

Bollocks

ffs matchmaking, got to challenger 2 and I still get teammates from prospect 2 ༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ ︵ ┻━┻

now I'm challenger 1 again, thanks for nothing

Start of game...nearest guy to ball rushes for boost, so I try rush centre late, too slow, they score because the other guy rushed for boost too.

Next KO...they both rush for boost as well.

At this point I turn my car on it's back and just spin until game over. Fuck these kinds of players.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I'm Challenger Elite in Doubles now. In season 2 I got stuck at that rank, but I have high hopes to get to Rising Star / Shooting Star in this season.

ChrisD

Oh there's a reset of some kind? My in-law and I were getting pitted against whatever the Star symbol is. We're in the next to lowest tier, lol... And that we only know because we JUST got our rankings.

One of the Star guys was labeled Master and was calling us trash, said my in-law sucked, said he'd * us up and spammed chat after all of his goals. I finally did the mandatory Rocket League move after that and muted everyone for good. Text and Voice. That way the next time we play in who knows when since RL is such a rarity for us these days, it will be nothing but play. No trash talk, no toxic Masters, just a goofy Rocket League like the first month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom