• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafaelr

i´ve been bouncing between Ch2 div3 and div5 on solo3s for a week now. i guess it looks like that´s just as far as i´ll get this time, but still, feelsbackflip when you´re so close and then get put back down again every time.

Pepiope

i´ve been bouncing between Ch2 div3 and div5 on solo3s for a week now. i guess it looks like that´s just as far as i´ll get this time, but still, feelsbackflip when you´re so close and then get put back down again every time.
You'll still climb. I'm not sure if there is even a champion in solo 3s yet.

rafaelr

You'll still climb. I'm not sure if there is even a champion in solo 3s yet.

yeah, i guess so. at least once all those ppl with blue and purple boosts have moved on :)

also, it can be really encouraging when you play with higher skilled ppl and you can manage to hold your own (if you play your absolute best. of course then there´ll be the inevitable miss/whiff and many of them will tell you about it...and some about your general failure in life :) )

Ran rp

Grand Chumpions, imo

played a few now, won most games. if it was a team of champions i'd have my ass kicked tho lol

Has anyone here got a certified item? What does it track?

Backwards Goals and long goals.

List of them all.

Victories
MVP awards
Goals
Backward goals
Turtle goals
Aerial goals
Bicycle goals
Long goals
Saves
Epic saves
Assists
Juggles
Centers
Clears
Shots on goal

Not even gonna try level any up until get an easy one.

After what has felt like ages of stagnating at the same skill level I feel like I'm finally improving again. It can be tough sometimes with this game when you play so much but yet you sometimes just feel no progression. Even managed to beat an esl monthly champion earlier, though I just tell myself they had a bad game.

Here's a couple of goals I scored from today's session.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I have this problem where I get matched up with someone with the username "twitch.tv/__________" and I think:

"Oh god, dozens of people are watching me now."

"Dozens."

And I play horribly. Don't ever let me play in a tournament.

I have this problem where I get matched up with someone with the username "twitch.tv/__________" and I think:

"Oh god, dozens of people are watching me now."

"Dozens."

And I play horribly. Don't ever let me play in a tournament.

I used to have that but now I make it a personal goal to beat them instead. It's always amusing when they rage quit just in case they were streaming at the time. You know they're blaming their team mates.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Don't forget that certified items with harder stats need less to get upgraded.

Certified Items

Our second item attribute, “Certified,” makes an item track a particular statistic while you play in online matches. Certified Items come with a special prefix that indicates the stat they track. That prefix increases in prestige as you earn more and more of that stat with the item equipped.

For example, if I discover a “Sniper Wizard Hat,” I’ve acquired a special version of the “Wizard Hat” Topper that tracks “Long Goals.” Every time I score a Long Goal in an online match, the hat’s stat counter will increase by one. When I reach fifty Long Goals with that hat equipped, it becomes a “Skillful Sniper Wizard Hat,” and after many more, an “Incredible Sniper Wizard Hat,” and so on.

Each tracked statistic has its own set of prefixes that we’ll leave for you to discover. Stats use different thresholds for when their prefix changes based on difficulty. For instance, you’ll need to earn a lot more “Clears” than “Upside Down Goals” to reach the same tier of prefix.

Certified Items only track stats in online Casual and Competitive games. Private Matches and offline/exhibition games do not count.

Tawpgun

man seeing some of these gifs and im like how?? Amazing shots man. here I am happy getting shots like these. lol

http://xboxclips.com/v0rt3x/95a1dd9d-aa25-43da-b9f6-81aab0913d00

I love this not because of how i got it but because of the time and score at the end! hah!

I can't fathom how people play primarily with ball cam off. The only time I turn it off is if I get a lucky dribble or am trying to find a boost.

Also the skill of some people here is incredible.

vort3x

I've tried with the ball cam on and i get disorientated and can never judge the distance correctly. I like to switch on an off most of the time.

AlexIIDX

I've tried with the ball cam on and i get disorientated and can never judge the distance correctly. I like to switch on an off most of the time.

Same here, I've been trying to use it more and more. But doing aerials it's really hard for me to judge how close I actually am to the ball unless I'm going at it head on.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Why did I have to screw up the possibility to get my team into OT? WHY!!! Noone in the goal, the next opponent right behind me and what did I do? Push the ball a little bit to the left while driving towards the goal and instead of giving another little push to the right to make a goal I hit the ball in the center and miss the goal...

Being a bit too fast in this game can be so punishing :/

vort3x

Same here, I've been trying to use it more and more. But doing aerials it's really hard for me to judge how close I actually am to the ball unless I'm going at it head on.

All the pro's definitely use the ball cam so there has got to be a huge reason for it, I'm gonna try and practice it in single player or maybe just some unranked games. Aerials are definitely tough with it on.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
is anyone else getting stuttering on PC? i'm running everything up full at 1440p with an i7-6700K @ 4.5, 16GB 2933, gtx 1070 (latest drivers) so yeah...my system can run it. what i'm seeing is constant frame drops from 60 to 58.9 every 2-3 seconds. i have tried fullscreen/borderless and 1080p resolution.

edit* nevermind. i just increased the in game fps limit to 61fps which seems to have done the trick. nice and smooth now.

TheKeyPit

Banned
All the pro's definitely use the ball cam so there has got to be a huge reason for it, I'm gonna try and practice it in single player or maybe just some unranked games. Aerials are definitely tough with it on.

The primarily reason why I use ball cam for 95% of the time is: I always see where the ball is. I've grown so accustomed to it that I can drive blindly for the corner or side boosts while using it.

------

The matches we've played yesterday were fun. It got a little bit late at the end and I slowly lost my concentration :p

vort3x

The primarily reason why I use ball cam for 95% of the time is: I always see where the ball is. I've grown so accustomed to it that I can drive blindly for the corner or side boosts while using it.

------

The matches we've played yesterday were fun. It got a little bit late at the end and I slowly lost my concentration :p

Lol thanks for letting me join you guys! Was fun even though you guys did most of the work ;)

Grinchy

Banned
Last year when this came out, my buddy and I had read everywhere on the internet that the PS+ version would be available for download at midnight EST. He came to my place with his PS4 so we could play together on the couch with a big monitor and HDTV next to each other.

It didn't go up at midnight. The internet speculated that it would be up by 3am instead (midnight Pacific time). It didn't go up then either.

We just bought it on Steam and took turns playing on my PC and it still ended up being awesome.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
This is the first game that has ever held my attention for a straight year. Sure there are games I've gone back to every now and then. But never has a game captured and kept my attention for anywhere near this kind of time period with basically no breaks. Even when I'm playing other games, it's in between Rocket League.

moojito

One of my biggest annoyances with the ranked mode in this game was always having to watch the rank go down down down with every loss, especially on a big losing streak. I'd rage so much.

The combination of turning off divisions being showed and being able to quit out immediately after it comes up win or lose (not sure if you've always been able to do this) is making all the difference. I'm not all that bothered about seeing what rank I am, but do enjoy the much better games you get in ranked mode for the most part.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
After what has felt like ages of stagnating at the same skill level I feel like I'm finally improving again. It can be tough sometimes with this game when you play so much but yet you sometimes just feel no progression. Even managed to beat an esl monthly champion earlier, though I just tell myself they had a bad game.

Here's a couple of goals I scored from today's session.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Dude. Wtf. How?

I've had the game since release day and simply hitting the ball towards the general direction of the opponent's goal is a huge achievement for me.

Kind of wish Certified Items looked at all differently visually, even if you need to upgrade them to do so. Personally I don't see any difference between a plunger and a certified veteran guardian plunger.

Maybe I'll be able to sell it for big money when the trading system comes into place, and then post an apology video with my dog.

Pepiope

Kind of wish Certified Items looked at all differently visually, even if you need to upgrade them to do so. Personally I don't see any difference between a plunger and a certified veteran guardian plunger.

Maybe I'll be able to sell it for big money when the trading system comes into place, and then post an apology video with my dog.
RLlotto.com? Let's do it.

Ran rp

2016-07-0704_34_17-12oak8f.png

Black_Red

Me and a group of friends bought the 4-pack in the steam sale (and 2 extra copies) and we're having a blast. My only problem is the client, maybe I'm spoiled by league of legends (7 years of improvement) but i really want a reconnect option for normal games, a way to invite PS4 players to our party and a way to share my replays :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom