• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't remember the last time I raged this hard. Just lost 6 times in row by one goal to the same person 1 on 1. Several of those I had late leads in. Fucking bullshit.

Cjkorea

Played a 2vs2 unranked match earlier today. Game sets up with me in goalie and my teamate set off to the left. The game starts and he goes in reverse and nests on the wall. I'm thinking wtf... the other team gets a free kick that I proceed to block and I end up scoring. Next kickoff, same thing. This guy just drove up the wall and positioned himself nicely like a fly on the wall... just watched the entire match observing...doing nothing. Ended up winning the match 2vs1 basically but he stayed for the entire match. He had all zeroes in the end. Unbelievable

ZeroSuitSheamus

Neo Member
You know what would be great? An option to disable join in progress.

Totally with you on this one. There's nothing worse than joining mid-stream, usually on the losing end of a lopsided match, playing to the end, then watching a bunch of people quit out, which sends you back to the main menu to start all over again.

I play my fair share of ranked, but this would be a great option for all modes.

Ran rp

played with a grand champion who couldn't defend well and (accidently) gave the other team the winning goal.

got matched against them the next game and won. not sure if smurf.

New patch. Out now.

BUG FIXES
General
Fixed several issues that caused errors when trying to use the Trade In system.
Fixed several Neo Tokyo collision issues that were causing abnormal bounces within the Arena.
Fixed several audio issues occurring since the last update
Countdown Audio is no longer part of the “Ambient” volume slider
Audio should no longer cut out in the Utopia Coliseum arena
Fixed issues with Hearts Boost audio staying on indefinitely
Fixed issues with sound mix causing some effects to be too loud or “bassy”
Fixed a crash that occurred when viewing “Underpass” replays.
Fixed several Spanish and German translation issues

For me it's these wonderful clears that'll bank for an easy chip-in with an observant teammate but with those guys, the thing is met in midair right back at ya.

Humbling but electrifying all at once.

It's all in the takeoff. They have it nailed where they can get the perfect double jump and boost timing down on reflex alone. Personally I end up whiffing it by managing to jump while trying to tilt up half the time and end up backflipping, but that's the number one game changer between the high and low end IMO, other than straight up accuracy anyway. The amount of time and boost you save allows them to do things you just couldn't hope for otherwise.

Once you're playing a whole team from the higher end it becomes more of an issue of their coordinated cycling etc but at that point you need a high end team to even hope to compete anyway.

Unicorn

So, where the hell is the BttF trail that was supposed to come with an update as a trail that can be used on all cars?

Also, I was soooo close to trading in all of my rares in the off chance I would receive the lightning trail. Rare and Ultra Rare can drop post-game too, right? That's the thing that stopped me. I have a few certified items, but I will never grind those into something else. Epic Save Antlers and Sniper Devil Horns will net me some cash once items are marketable on Steam. I'm hoping that, in time, this game will pay for itself like CS:GO or TF2.
KuGsj.gif

It's all in the takeoff. They have it nailed where they can get the perfect double jump and boost timing down on reflex alone. Personally I end up whiffing it by managing to jump while trying to tilt up half the time and end up backflipping, but that's the number one game changer between the high and low end IMO, other than straight up accuracy anyway. The amount of time and boost you save allows them to do things you just couldn't hope for otherwise.

Once you're playing a whole team from the higher end it becomes more of an issue of their coordinated cycling etc but at that point you need a high end team to even hope to compete anyway.

It's deeper than that. It's positioning and anticipation. They're always there to meet it. Always. No breathing room. No rest.

So, where the hell is the BttF trail that was supposed to come with an update as a trail that can be used on all cars?
Yeah, whatever happened with this? I'm guessing it's not going to happen. At least they're providing new boosts that you can collect via trade-ins.

This does remind me of that "GOAL!" animation featured in the trailer for the DeLorean. Where did that go?

It's deeper than that. It's positioning and anticipation. They're always there to meet it. Always. No breathing room. No rest.

Oh yeah totally, I just mean in a straight race to the aerial that's why they always beat people to it. The positioning and anticipation is what puts them leagues above for sure though since they'll meet that next attempted clear too, over and over. Learning their takeoff however really helped me to shut them down at least occasionally whereas before I was just fodder, it made me at least capable of being in a game with the better players to an extent. Their positioning is the one I just can't seem to figure out though no matter how much I try. It's like they know where the ball will be 3 shots ahead.

Probably should have said between the high and low end in the air to be honest.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Anyone else experiencing a connection drop where everyone starts driving like a bot, boost can not be picked up. Happened two times today. It goes back to normal after 10-20+ seconds.

vort3x

I need people to play this with on Xbox live. None of my friends like this game, the ones that do are never on when I am or are playing something else 😠😠 I am not a great player but I know the basics. Please add I am tired of playing with randos 😞
GT: v0rt3x

Dubz

So I just started playing this regularly. Currently just playing casuals to get the feel of the game. Any good videos on how to play correctly? Like how rotations work, fundamental skills, etc...?

Hasney

PSY・S;208730268 said:
it feels like neo tokyo and even wasteland don't come up frequently enough anymore. it's frustrating.

Wasteland unfortunately still comes up the same amount. Had 4 matches in a row there last night.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I need people to play this with on Xbox live. None of my friends like this game, the ones that do are never on when I am or are playing something else ���� I am not a great player but I know the basics. Please add I am tired of playing with randos ��
GT: v0rt3x

Added you :)

I think that I've added like 4-5 players from here and I've only played with one of them so far :D

lord pie

The ranks are still crazy. Solo Standard Challenger 1 and I keep getting matched up with Season 2 Grand Champions and ESL Monthly Champions who are at my rank.

Similar experience. The competition is strong in solo standard. I don't remember it being this tough in S2.

The ranking is very frustrating sometimes. I had a game in solo standard where we lost in overtime. I had *6* saves, the 2nd highest score, yet still got 'division down' despite being several ranks below all the other players. It was incredibly frustrating.

Another game our team dominated, something like 5-2 win. All players were challenger 2, 3 or elite, yet one guy on their team was silver 2 (!!!?). Needless to say he had ~ 40 points. Spectacular failure of matchmaking.

I'm a bit unhappy the audio bugs are still so prevalent post patch. I can't understand how they could release the huge update in such a *spectacularly* broken state yet also not realize the patch designed to fix the problems didn't. I love the game dearly, but being a developer that sort of glaring brokenness really concerns me to their dev standards and QC practices.

dickroach

I swore off Rocket League for good, hadn't played for a couple of months....

but then I saw some sweet gif on reddit earlier and said "shit i need to play tonight"

- wtf's with ranks getting reset? I was rockin a sweet Challenger I rank before, just had to spend a few hours getting up to Prospect Elite (in doubles btw, screw everything else)
- seems like there's a bunch of new cars and toppers and whatever which is cool, but I haven't changed my car since day 1. can't do it. been thru too much :(
- Neo Tokyo is cool but it's absolutely jarring to go from one of the regular courses to Neo Tokyo back to a regular course. takes at least a minute to get readjusted either way. I'm kinda shocked it's included in ranked

vort3x

Added you :)

I think that I've added like 4-5 players from here and I've only played with one of them so far :D

Nice thanks! whats your gamertag so I know who you are! never mind just saw your vid above lol Added!

Won a 2 on 1 game last night,that was awesome. I'm sure they took pity on me cause my teammate bounced early on. Also this happened last night. I totally meant to do that.. lol

http://xboxclips.com/v0rt3x/33c75d86-f357-42f1-8ff0-cb63bd31d452

This one was completely planned as well... lol

http://xboxclips.com/v0rt3x/a8474b35-ef19-43be-a691-5711f666764b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom