• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I still haven't got any painted or certified items :( It's killing me I can't get the last 3 achievements. It feels like it's been about 10 games since I unlocked anything.

Still searching for them colored wheels but I'm feeling like I could be here forever hoping for them. I hate to say it since it goes against my views usually, but since it's purely cosmetic, at this point I'd be down with a small micro transaction to get the wheel set I want in the color I want. Having none drop so far has made me wonder how many months it may be before I get the ones I want in the color I want.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
cgzvEIr.jpg
I don't know who this is. If it's one of the developers then I approve of the sentiment.

Still searching for them colored wheels but I'm feeling like I could be here forever hoping for them. I hate to say it since it goes against my views usually, but since it's purely cosmetic, at this point I'd be down with a small micro transaction to get the wheel set I want in the color I want. Having none drop so far has made me wonder how many months it may be before I get the ones I want in the color I want.
I know people hate microtransactions but I would be really okay if they sold something like a case that gave you five random drops for a dollar.

Now that you can trade stuff up and soon trade amongst each other I wouldn't mind being able to buy some drops for a cheap price and I like Psynoix getting money.

Also seems like colored wheels are the rarest thing. I have gotten all kinds of boosts but only one set of painted wheels and they are great.

I do wonder hat toppers can be colored..I dream of a Black Rhino Horn but I'm not sure it's possible.

Cindres

Concede early from kickoff in 2v2, teammate tries to forfeit, leaves. I concede more now 2v1, leave game.

Get demoted.

Seems fair.

Anyone having issue with achievements not unlocking or being tracked? I've won multiple games of Snow Day on both teams but the achievement won't unlock or go to 100%. I realized I hadn't played a game in Rocket Labs yet so I did and it won't track as if I did.

Cindres

Apparently I got a painted item yesterday, somehow missed that, just noticed I have the achievement. What#s the easiest way to find which one it is? Nothing's jumping out at me.

rarely do I execute a fake that turns out as well as this one did. sent the game into OT, and we won. includes his point of view as well.
https://fat.gfycat.com/EnviousBareErmine.webm
Love the mind games possible in those game.

OT2 coming up. Any title ideas? I feel if nobody else steps up I may take a stab at it but I'm not sure I can do it justice. I'm just a copy and paste fiend. This game needs it's OT2 and it should be a good one.

rarely do I execute a fake that turns out as well as this one did. sent the game into OT, and we won. includes his point of view as well.
https://fat.gfycat.com/EnviousBareErmine.webm

Nice fake bro. We should have a few games again soon!

Overall I had a good night on Rocket League even though I was playing solo doubles. Had a couple games against Grand Champion teams which we won. Second game we actually dominated lol.

cc6WKPH.jpg

NCeRUJI.jpg

Pulled off a cool little freestyle dunk too in Hoops. Still love that mode!

giphy.gif

Oh, I thought the painted stuff were the items that gave you progress on specific accomplishments, but I now see I have a 'sweeper' hat for that accomplishment. No idea when I got it, but it's there now. Looks like I'll be rocking that for a while.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Love the mind games possible in those game.

OT2 coming up. Any title ideas? I feel if nobody else steps up I may take a stab at it but I'm not sure I can do it justice. I'm just a copy and paste fiend. This game needs it's OT2 and it should be a good one.

Rocket League |OT2| Soccer, but with Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

It's bad

Edit:
I launched the game and upon entering the menu I got a topper, lol?

Edit2:
Nice:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/19196714

--------

Developers, the virtual keyboard on Xbox One is lagging as hell while playing this. Naming a replay or typing stuff is most of the time a pain in the a** because of this.

First game of the day just made me wonder if I should continue. Got a freestyle goal, wall drag freestyle and another chipped air dribble freestyle. That's pretty much all my luck for the day used up in 5 minutes.

First game of the day just made me wonder if I should continue. Got a freestyle goal, wall drag freestyle and another chipped air dribble freestyle. That's pretty much all my luck for the day used up in 5 minutes.

Doesn't sound like luck to me. If you got the skills to do that it's only a matter of time until you're pulling that off on a whim :D

Doesn't sound like luck to me. If you got the skills to do that it's only a matter of time until you're pulling that off on a whim :D

I sure hope so! Control over my car has improved tremendously in the last week or so but then I still go full idiot at times hitting the ball when I should leave it or spending too long on offence, sometimes even rolling back too early. I always realize those few seconds too late though. Strangely my air game has way overtaken my ground play now, I feel much more comfortable shooting from an aerial.

At 400 hours (some in menus) it's taken me a lot longer than some to even start getting the hang of using it properly so I think that's why it feels like a fluke a lot of the time.

fuck me. i thought matchmaking had levelled out as I had a number of days on the trot of great great matches and now the last two days i've been matched with nothing but rookies against experts. fuckin weird man. on the most insane losing streak.

edit: directly after this I was put into a match with more semis and won by a ton. back to losing against vets and experts now :)

J. Bravo

I sure hope so! Control over my car has improved tremendously in the last week or so but then I still go full idiot at times hitting the ball when I should leave it or spending too long on offence, sometimes even rolling back too early. I always realize those few seconds too late though. Strangely my air game has way overtaken my ground play now, I feel much more comfortable shooting from an aerial.

At 400 hours (some in menus) it's taken me a lot longer than some to even start getting the hang of using it properly so I think that's why it feels like a fluke a lot of the time.
Don't feel bad man. I've got like 800 hours on pc and probably 300 on ps4 and the highest rank I've reached is shooting star division 5. Might have a little to do with queuing solo 80% of the time, but that's a lot of hours to put in and still suck. I'm level 68 on pc and 40 something on ps4.

Lately I have been playing less, but analyzing my play and why I miss certain shots or touches. I also try to be more cautious but still keep the pace of the game pretty quick. I'll hopefully get champion this season. Solo 3s top 100 is my final goal but lol at ever ranking above superstar.

Don't feel bad man. I've got like 800 hours on pc and probably 300 on ps4 and the highest rank I've reached is shooting star division 5. Might have a little to do with queuing solo 80% of the time, but that's a lot of hours to put in and still suck. I'm level 68 on pc and 40 something on ps4.

Lately I have been playing less, but analyzing my play and why I miss certain shots or touches. I also try to be more cautious but still keep the pace of the game pretty quick. I'll hopefully get champion this season. Solo 3s top 100 is my final goal but lol at ever ranking above superstar.

To be honest if I hit shooting star by the time I've put in that much play time I'll be happy. Saying that I should definitely play ranked more often too. I always feel like I'm under way more pressure in ranked and hate letting people down so I duck out of it again too quickly. I did reach Challenger Elite last season and I may have been able to reach the blues. I've been trying to assess my own play a lot more as well recently and found I rarely prepare for a wall counter in advance and am purely reactionary instead with it.

It's finding little gaps like that which keep me out of ranked too. I'm always finding something new to work on and I keep convincing myself I need to master them all before going back to ranked.

I wonder how Psynoix feels about the RLCS views. The high end has been around 10k I hope the finals at least draw some bigger numbers. The game is incredibly fun to watch but I think many of the early adopters a e no is that there is such a high level of play. Even in this thread there is hardly any RLCS talk. I hope it is successful enough to warrant continuing seasons. I really do think they need to go the CSGO route with item drops for watching and I know how much people hate how Steam Marketplace support enabled betting on games but that made CSGO blow the hell up in views. Also a crowd funded DLC to boost next season's prize pool would be something. I really want to see the competitive scene keep growing and I want bigger numbers on Twitch.

Bollocks

lol just had a guy in ranked who stood vertically in the goal at 1:0 and rotated around his own axis and let a goal in.
I'm not complaining since I was on the other team but still, why

Regginator

I noticed today I'm getting a lot of artefacts when playing Rocket League. I've OC'd my card modestly, but I don't think that's the issue. I've been playing RL with this OC for over 100 hours. However, coincidentally it started with the patch from today/yesterday at night.

Does anyone else have that issue?

J. Bravo

I wonder how Psynoix feels about the RLCS views. The high end has been around 10k I hope the finals at least draw some bigger numbers. The game is incredibly fun to watch but I think many of the early adopters a e no is that there is such a high level of play. Even in this thread there is hardly any RLCS talk. I hope it is successful enough to warrant continuing seasons. I really do think they need to go the CSGO route with item drops for watching and I know how much people hate how Steam Marketplace support enabled betting on games but that made CSGO blow the hell up in views. Also a crowd funded DLC to boost next season's prize pool would be something. I really want to see the competitive scene keep growing and I want bigger numbers on Twitch.

I'm watching right now, but i might close it and do something else now that i learned the first match is shoot n lose vs aeriality....lol

rizzo0

Hey guys do you know if the physical copy will just give me a code to run the game digitally from my Xbox or will I still have to use the physical disc to play? If so that kinds sucks because I don't see the game as part of the upcoming digital sale on Tuesday :(

Run me over if this has already been answered in the past

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I just lost a 3v1 game. In reality it was a 1v3 game. Basically after 2 of the opponents left early my teammates decided it would be funny to make it a 3v1 against me. This was my very first game in standard since the reset. I lost 8-7 in overtime. It was quite fun. If this happened at a higher level is have been pissed off at a game taken away from me, but at that early level it doesn't really matter and it was quite fun.

Has anyone here got a certified item? What does it track?

I got a couple. They track various things from what I've seen, mine are passes and shots on goal, but I ran into some unfortunate guy in duel who had a certified that tracked turtle goals. I don't think he's gonna be upgrading that fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom