• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

This has to be a mistake right?

Finally found the white rlcs decal and look. No way it's supposed to look like that right?
osD5GeN.png

While we're talking about freebies. Does anyone here give the slightest crap about rat rods? I've got a pair painted saffron I think. I don't want them and their sheer ugliness devalues my inventory so if anyone here actually likes those god awful things and is on PC let me know, I'd love to get rid of them.

Bollocks

did my 2's placements and lost more games with bronze 2/3 players that I would like to admit ._.
but in the end I'm now only 1 win away from platinum which was a rather smooth sail, so I'm not that mad at myself, still don't want to talk about the first 3 games.

Unicorn

While we're talking about freebies. Does anyone here give the slightest crap about rat rods? I've got a pair painted saffron I think. I don't want them and their sheer ugliness devalues my inventory so if anyone here actually likes those god awful things and is on PC let me know, I'd love to get rid of them.

I dig rat rods.

rat rods actually just went up to like 15 keys each and 50 for white.

Even if this were true I can't charge somebody for something that looks like that XD

For real though I'm a lazy trader. I just give all my crap wheels and painted toppers away since I can't be bothered with the hassle of selling them and hate the inventory clutter.

Even if this were true I can't charge somebody for something that looks like that XD

For real though I'm a lazy trader. I just give all my crap wheels and painted toppers away since I can't be bothered with the hassle of selling them and hate the inventory clutter.

lol yeah aside from a few painted toppers you wont get a key for damn near any of term. I just bought a guy some cool purple vortex since his car looked nice but he had crap tires and no keys.

feelsgoodman

The mask in the texture is wrong, I sent it to the art team. Thanks for the heads up

Sweet. Thanks a lot man. Hope it gets fixed eventually cause it's a really nice skin.

The update has a dedicated page now. Shows a lot of the items. I like the new paint type. So much good stuff in that crate.

Link

that goal explosion looks really cool. gonna be hard to stick to my no crate/keys ways...

I like the fire demon looking one form the trailer. All I really want now is window customization. Like different tints and finsishes. Like have a cracked window decal etc and animated standard decals. That we can use paint types on. Or just let us use paint type on the existing bm animated decals. I'd put matte on everything!

I just realized the apex wheels I have change color :O I only put them on for a second before so I didn't notice. Dope! Now it doesn't matter what team I get placed on! (kinda)

I got Ninja wheels and a RLCS Breakout decal, both unpainted, from the stream. I wasn't sure if you had to go about linking your Twitch account every day or if it was once and done.

Wish I'd caught the stream, after a hiatus from this game for a few months I'm back to playing it all the time. Could use some new goods to spruce up the car.

Oh shit, I just saw all the Monstercat stuff for the 2nd anniversary update! That is so fucking awesome, I was hoping for something like this since launch.

I started trying to learn the different fast aerials and I can do them in practice mode with no pressure, but for the time being, my whole game is messed up when it comes to a real match. I can't play how I used to anymore. Even if I try to ignore all that and just do the basic aerials I've been doing, I feel weird. I don't know what to and what to not go for. I usually always mess up when I try to go for them because I'm like 4th guessing myself. The only improvement so far is I often enough beat people to challenges when the ball is low in situations where I would have lost without doing a fast aerial. Or I guess it wouldn't be much of an "aerial" at that point, but implementing some of that tech does help me get to the ball faster, though I still choke on that a lot.

there's different fast aerials? (probably don't know them off the top of my head anymore but can do them, but hm)

boost - jump - tilt

boost - jump - tilt - jump

boost - tilt - double jump

I think double jump title boost counts but I started doing that not too long ago and found it easy to pick up and implement

boost - jump - tilt

boost - jump - tilt - jump

boost - tilt - double jump

I think double jump title boost counts but I started doing that not too long ago and found it easy to pick up and implement

Double jump tilt boost definitely counts. There's times where it's the only option. I dont understand the second one though? How do you tilt before either jump?

I wouldn't overcomplicate it by breaking them into categories though or else you can easily get stuck trying to choose which one to use. The core concept is basically using the second jump at a 45 degree angle to maximize speed. Outside of that you just go with what's needed at the time by adjusting the order a little bit.

I broke them down into groups at first and tried to work out which works in what situations. Trust me, don't do that. It's more than you need to be thinking about when a ball goes up. Just let it come to you naturally now you have the core concept down.

Oh and the missing everything right now is normal. Try to not over rely on it either. Not every jump needs to be a fast one, it can easily lead to overshooting or wasting the flip needlessly. Not to mention you can get some great touches from delayed flips. But generally be cautious about it becoming your go to for any aerial.

Soulflarz

Banned
I just do the thing
/shrug
it kinda clicks for muscle memory, generally you have a good idea how to get to the ball fast after doing double jump aerials a week or two straight, then it's just kinda automatic

Double jump tilt boost definitely counts. There's times where it's the only option. I dont understand the second one though? How do you tilt before either jump?

I wouldn't overcomplicate it by breaking them into categories though or else you can easily get stuck trying to choose which one to use. The core concept is basically using the second jump at a 45 degree angle to maximize speed. Outside of that you just go with what's needed at the time by adjusting the order a little bit.

I broke them down into groups at first and tried to work out which works in what situations. Trust me, don't do that. It's more than you need to be thinking about when a ball goes up. Just let it come to you naturally now you have the core concept down.

Oh and the missing everything right now is normal. Try to not over rely on it either. Not every jump needs to be a fast one, it can easily lead to overshooting or wasting the flip needlessly. Not to mention you can get some great touches from delayed flips. But generally be cautious about it becoming your go to for any aerial.

You mean the third one? I think I just wrote that wrong but I'm pretty sure there are four I were looking at.

Yeah I assumed it would be best not to overthink it. I'm a victim to everything bad you're implying in that post.

rafaelr

BYWZ44g.png

been stuck here for the past few weeks, always getting within 1 win but no further. has been quite the experience to say the least.

finally made it today
CXbyf9q.png

gotta say thanks again for the tip i got in here about unchecking vsync, that probably made the biggest difference (was gold3/plat1 at the start of s4).

Dipship31

BYWZ44g.png

been stuck here for the past few weeks, always getting within 1 win but no further. has been quite the experience to say the least.

finally made it today
CXbyf9q.png

gotta say thanks again for the tip i got in here about unchecking vsync, that probably made the biggest difference (was gold3/plat1 at the start of s4).

What site do you get these rankings from??

88random

PSY・S;239739309 said:
I just logged in and lost all my rankings wtf. Did the season end?

If you don't play for a while they remove your ranking, you'll have to play 2-3 matches to be re-evaluated.

Ran rp

If you don't play for a while they remove your ranking, you'll have to play 2-3 matches to be re-evaluated.

Each competitive mode was reset back to [0 of 10 matches played]

edit: I played days ago when I resubbed to PS Plus to play a few games and everything was fine. what the hell.

Top Bottom