• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rooster Teeth berate Jeff Gerstmann/Giant Bomb's Fallout 4 review while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Rooster Teeth are the same idiots who produce a webseries called "The Know" that reported a while back that Microsoft was going to buy the Silent Hill franchise from Konami for $800 million. Phil Spencer immediately denied it and said it wasn't even close to truth, yet they kept the video on YouTube to get ad revenue.

"The know" sounds like a parody. I'm guessing it's not parody?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I didn't know rooster teeth had gotten so bad. I stopped listening to them after Monty passed...but they made great content for a long time. I'm wondering when they became so corporate?

Fair enough, I just found her comment about "doing it for clicks" ironic. Since most people who want to make it big in modeling, music, photography, etc...

Do certain things to get said clicks. Her angle was the half naked nerd girl trope. (Hell, her current job at RT is based on them clicks) How disingenuous of her.

Jeff's angle is being brutally honest with how HE feels. Always has been. 25 years in the running.

But we can move on and agree, stupid is stupid does.

Fair enough, no point treading over the same argument. Although I don't think she's stupid, but what she said is.

I didn't know rooster teeth had gotten so bad. I stopped listening to them after Monty passed...but they made great content for a long time. I'm wondering when they became so corporate?

They still make great content imo, but I'm not a huge fan of their 'news' side. The Silent Hills thing put me off Funhaus for a while. I tend to just ignore that stuff and watch the rest.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
And I'm sure all of not most of us agree that yes someone's work can be criticized. The problem is, the only criticism they had was basically that he scored it low for attention, so people would read the review. That's not an argument. It does not criticize anything he wrote about, including actual problem like performance he had.
Fair enough. I don't known Gerstmanns motivations, but that specific destinction does change the argument.

I prefer 5 because it's more decisive, though I don't think it matters.

Decades of inflated review scores has shifted where we view the average to be and that is the real problem with any point system, be it 5, 10 or a percentage. It's the reason why Eurogamer replaced its 10 point system with something much simpler and clearer - putting an end to the obligation to abuse high scores so as not to be seen to be reviewing games 'low' when they awarded games anything below an 8 (even 8 was beginning to be seen as low by some) - and it's also the reason why Rooster Teeth here sees 3/5 as a low score when technically it's not.

Having worked a job where my responsibility was reading reviews as part of research I can't agree with this enough. Also on the most recent Bombcast they talk about the issue of scoring games too high and the precedent it sets going forward. If you score something a 4/5 or 8-9/10 you've essentially set a bar for any game that follows. So if the sequel is just as good, but is still more of the same you're kind of fucked because it should really score lower. But because you scored the original, of which you say the sequel is better, higher it looks wrong.

GavinGT

Banned
who needs that when we have this

2697543-4947168416-Discr.gif

And here's Jeff pulling a wine of his favorite vintage out of the NeoGAF fridge:

Ce2t7ME.png

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I heard they even had a stream where they just sat around eating cheese. Brought in some cheese connoisseur, Daniel Ryckert.

Kamina777

Banned
Rooster teeth are unrecognizable now, i didn't know that the know was from them and that it was so blatant about it's biases.

Yeah, I couldn't make a damn lick of sense from that.
Is this a meme?
He's saying the analogy someone used was terrible. Honestly just because a site is a game enthusiasts site doesn't mean they're all created equal. Neogaf and gamefaqs couldn't be more different. If someone comments on one I'm not going to bring up the other to make some defensive point.

Bacon

Non issues like this makes me glad I'm not into the giant bomb "fandom" like some other people.

I am but whatever.

Then why are some many people implying that they were payed off or shills? Seems like a childish retort from a silly fans.

No clue but I only see GB fans getting upset.

Doesn't really answer my question.

Great example of GB fans.

Nah man I think you know what you're doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom