• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Round-up of All Black Friday Sales.

I think I want to grab some eShop money. Is Best Buy's 15% off on the physical cards the only option? Wish I could just get codes...

Anyone know what the BB purchase limit is on the cards?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Got Mad Max:Fury for 8$ and a playstation now starter kit for 40$ at best buy. The starter kit is a steal because its a controller, cord, and 1 month subscription to playstation now for the price of a regular dualshock 4.

Missed out on Until Dawn, might try to grab it tomorrow. I'm not a big survival horror guy (I fucking hate jumpscares) but everyone is raving about this game. Should I jump on it?

Missed out on Until Dawn, might try to grab it tomorrow. I'm not a big survival horror guy (I fucking hate jumpscares) but everyone is raving about this game. Should I jump on it?

I had to jump on it as well even though I'm in your exact position. I figure I'd get ~$16 worth of enjoyment out of it or at the very least entertain some friends with it who would be into the experience but are not necessarily into gaming.

I had to jump on it as well even though I'm in your exact position. I figure I'd get ~$16 worth of enjoyment out of it or at the very least entertain some friends with it who would be into the experience but are not necessarily into gaming.

Yeah, I'll probably grab Amazon's deal on Saturday, or try to price match at Wal-Mart (even though they don't price match GCU so I'd get it for $20)

Zaheer

Don't know if this has been posted on here or not but here's a little PSA in case you are planning on buying The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

PSA: If you get The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt new at GameStop or GameStop.com the Xbox One version will (apparently) come with a bunch of Bonus stuff (Game Soundtrack, Physical Game Map, Physical Booklet called The Witcher Universe Compendium, and a Steel Book game case) while the PS4 version will come with just one Bonus item (a Steel Book game case) for it regardless if you bought it in store or online, though the GameStop website does say that the in store copies would be limited.

Thanks. I've been looking for the Triss/Yennefer steelbook.

oatmeal

Banned
Any good deals on drives for PS4?

I ordered a 1TB from the IGN comparison (Deskstar or something) but I can still cancel if something else comes up.

Kinda annoyed that Newegg added "free gifts" (controller charger + a headset no one seems to like) to the PS4 bundle that can't be removed so now its impossible to use the $25 off code. I keep refreshing and hoping it goes away. :p

Cerium

At what time does Amazon stop posting new deals? Do they ever stop posting new deals? I'm waiting for a particular item and I need to figure out when it's safe to sleep.

webkatt

How does that work?

Take it out of the enclosure?

Yes, take it out of the enclosure and install it in the PS4. I personally did this. I even placed the old 500GB HDD in the closure and have it attached to my XBONE but it's already filled up.

oatmeal

Banned

Hmm...that's nice because no tax.

Yes, take it out of the enclosure and install it in the PS4. I personally did this. I even placed the old 500GB HDD in the closure and have it attached to my XBONE but it's already filled up.

Cool. how do you transfer the shit over? My PS4 is 100% full and I can't even do updates now.

You know, I have a bunch of these drives in 1TB...those would work, too?

I should just pull one from there. Fuck it...save my money for later. :/

Guys I just got FFXIII-3 steel book edition and golden sun dark dawn for 10 each at Target. YMMV but it looks like some older titles at target are 50% off.

webkatt

Hmm...that's nice because no tax.

Cool. how do you transfer the shit over? My PS4 is 100% full and I can't even do updates now.

You know, I have a bunch of these drives in 1TB...those would work, too?

I should just pull one from there. Fuck it...save my money for later. :/

You need a third HDD to transfer stuff over too. You connect it to your PS4 and start the transfer (It takes forever BTW). Then once that is done, and you have the new HJDD installed, You transfer it back to the PS4.

I didn't do this as I only backed up all my save games to a USB stick and redownloaded all my games, lol

Shady859

Came looking to see if anyone found a Uncharted deal and now considering buying this 2TB PS4 drive, the 500GB standard is a joke.

Are there any deals anywhere that havent gone live yet? I'm hoping for some unadvertised sales or something...good, but I'm not seeing anything anywhere. It's been really lame so far aside from a few things from Best Buy.

I did buy Her Story on Steam for under $4 so that'll give me something to do I guess.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Grabbed Uncharted collection from Newegg for 26$. Not bad. I think thats all im letting myself get this go around along with the 8$ kings quest. Gotta stay away from deals.

TheTurboFD

So my 1TB externals will work for this?

I have a buttload of them.

1- back up everything to an external
2- remove old drive from PS4
3- Insert new drive into PS4 and manually update it through safe mode with a flash drive
4- plug in external with backed up data and transfer from external to your new internal

Two years ago during Black Friday (or maybe it was Cyber Monday) a year of PS+ was offered on Amazon at 50% off.

Anything regarding offers for PS+ and/or PSN codes this year?

You need a third HDD to transfer stuff over too. You connect it to your PS4 and start the transfer (It takes forever BTW). Then once that is done, and you have the new HJDD installed, You transfer it back to the PS4.

I didn't do this as I only backed up all my save games to a USB stick and redownloaded all my games, lol

fuuuuuuuuuuuck i'm about to do this and i don't mind redownloading all my shit but i worry about P.T.

would i be ok transfering that to a usb stick and then transfering over to the new hdd?

Fandangox

I can't believe there's no good deals on Wii U pro controllers, and when I search online for them I get lots of results of a third party controller that doesn't have good reviews.

Two years ago during Black Friday (or maybe it was Cyber Monday) a year of PS+ was offered on Amazon at 50% off.

Anything regarding offers for PS+ and/or PSN codes this year?

In 2013 when PS4 launched Sony had $30 for a year of PS+ at most places to go along with it, but I haven't seen it that low the last two years. Walmart has 3 months for $10. No idea about anywhere else.

Amazon has GTX 970s for $289. It's back ordered but supposed to ship December 4th. I just picked one up.

i debated getting the 970 but ended up getting the r9 390 8gb for $230 (after rebate and visa checkout). hope i don't regret it... i usually buy only nvidia cards

I deleted everything but PT, and transferred PT to a usb stick. Worked fine.

sweet, i hope i dont fuck it up somehow

Top Bottom