• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: CoD: Black Ops 2 logo image and debut trailer date

Jibbed

Brace yourselves for the most original, 'ground-breaking' logo ever. Gaf has spoken.

Wow what a sick logo, definitely top 5 all time.
That logo is groundbreaking.
They really did some sick shit with it.
When I saw that logo I shat my pants
Fuck, I thought I was over CoD but they really knocked it out of the park with the logo. Day one

oyBjT-600x337.jpg

MP1st said:
Another Call of Duty: Black Ops leak! This time, it seems to be the official logo for Treyarch’s upcoming Call of Duty title, Black Ops 2, including a potential release date for its debut trailer.

Call of Duty 9 has suffered a number of leaks recently, including confirmation of its name, Black Ops 2, along with a release date as well as some multiplayer information that we got a hold of earlier.

This time, YouTuber CoDInform was able to catch what looks to be Black Ops 2′s logo which we’ve included above as the featured image. Three reasons it could possibly be legitimate: First, it looks professional; Second, it was removed from the official Call of Duty website upon discovery; Third, if you look at the date in this image, 04.28.12, it happens to be the exact date of two years earlier that the original Black Ops reveal trailer was released.

On top of this, the original URL linking to this image read ‘http://www.callofduty.com/bo2/images,’ which happens to be a similar URL used for Modern Warfare 3 images:

‘http://www.callofduty.com/mw3/images.’

We're up to CoD 9 already? Jeez.. and still, not one has come close to CoD 4.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
That logo is groundbreaking.

Xater

SHOCKING NEWS!

Also that logo is lame and I think once we see the trailer the general consensus will be "Yep, that's COD all right!"

Derrick01

Banned
I like how every year now there's a ton of "leaks" regarding the next call of duty. Such a loose ship they keep over there at Activision ;)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I like the conspiracy theme that was in Black Ops 1.

I told myself I wouldn't buy another CoD after MW3 though. Going to try to live up to that this time.

I'm only interested because Zombie mode > Resident Evil these days and also treyarch actually understands map design, unlike IW.

But my interest comes and goes, I'll have to see when November comes around.

zlatko

Banned
This may be the first CoD I don't buy this generation aside from World at War. Halo 4 just seems to be my go to shooter this holiday season.

It'd take dedicated servers on consoles for me to give a fuck after Black Ops online issues I had with hit detection, etc during the first month after which I just dropped it.

Jibbed

I'm only interested because Zombie mode > Resident Evil these days and also treyarch actually understands map design, unlike IW.

But my interest comes and goes, I'll have to see when November comes around.

Amen, I can't stand 99% of MW2/3's maps.

Amen, I can't stand 99% of MW2/3's maps.
I thought MW2 maps had personality, but were TERRIBLY and offensively thought out in terms of choke points and all that.

MW3 was slightly better thought out maps, but they were so utterly generic and bland for the most part. Just run of the mill shit.

Treyarch does indeed have the perfect blend of the 2.

impact

Banned
It'd take dedicated servers on consoles for me to give a fuck after Black Ops online issues I had with hit detection, etc during the first month after which I just dropped it.

You think Activision has the money for that son?

Yen

I'm not a big COD fan or FPS fan but I loved Black Ops. It would've been better if we actually got to
pull the trigger on JFK though.

Edit: and this'll have zombies, so I'll buy it.

Orayn

I've got leaked quotes from the reviews.

"Breathtaking. Groundbreaking. Mind-blowing. I wept bitterly when I realized that no other title could ever aspire to this greatness." -Gamespy

"Ingenius innovative cinemato-viscerality. Video games will never be the same." -Game Informer

"14/10. Why anyone would ever play anything else is literally beyond my comprehension." -IGN

Loxley

Black Ops' campaign was great fun in my opinion, credit to Treyarch for actually getting creative with the story. I'm interested in seeing if they can keep that momentum going.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Predicting a 85 meta score. will link to this post on november 13.

I love how people have to now justify themselves for buying another CoD game. "Hey Black Ops was mediocre but I need more zombie mode!" or "love me some Gary Oldman Reznov".

Just admit you love CoD like a drug, it's pathological at this point.

Jibbed

I've got leaked quotes from the reviews.

"Breathtaking. Groundbreaking. Mind-blowing. I wept bitterly when I realized that no other title could ever aspire to this greatness." -Gamespy

"Ingenius innovative cinemato-viscerality. Video games will never be the same." -Game Informer

"14/10. Why anyone would ever play anything else is literally beyond my comprehension." -IGN

I lol'd.

Thing is though, this is guaranteed at least 8.5's.

Top Bottom