• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dylan O'Brien has been cast as Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just saw this information at MCU OT, so credit to Neoxon.

This is Reddit, so bust out your salt bowls, but supposedly Dylan O'Brien has been cast as Spider-Man.

Though to the guy's credit, the supposed leaker is the same guy who leaked the details of the Marvel-Sony Spider-Man deal weeks in advance. It's still Reddit, but it's something to consider.

Also guy just updated his reddit and said that it's official. Basically, it's wait and see game to see if it's official.

Edited:

For people who want picture of actor.

tumblr_mq61eg0AdW1qe2mdmo6_500.png

Dunlop

He is easily the best choice, please be true

It is also nice for the recognition as he is far and away the best actor on Teen Wolf. His talents seem wasted there lol

JDSN

Banned
Oh. Nice, he always seemed like the best part of that wolf show. I hope its confirmed as official so people quit being salty after the Miles rumor.

flkraven

He's the one I was rooting for. Don't know much about any of the actors but the 2 big choices seemed to be percy jackson or maze runner dude. Maze runner dude seemed so much better.

Mumei

This video that Froli posted in the last rumor thread (with Lerman and O'Brien) sold me (and quite a few other people) on him. I haven't seen Lerman in anything besides the first Percy Jackson film (which I watched after the rumors), so I'm not sure whether I would have liked him as well.

E the Shaggy

I sure hope this is the case. I knew nothing about this kid before he was announced to be in the running but after seeing his performances, he'd be perfect.

Tesseract

Banned
he looks exactly like andrew whats_his_cat, ugh

i expected a more inspired decision, like an older spooder-myn

Great choice if official. He was always the bright spot of Teen Wolf but the 2nd half of Season 3 really allowed him to showcase his talent.

If true I do wonder if he will continue to appear on Teen Wolf considering he also has the Maze Runner franchise as well.

This video that Froli posted in the last rumor thread (with Lerman and O'Brien) sold me (and quite a few other people) on him. I haven't seen Lerman in anything besides the first Percy Jackson film (which I watched after the rumors), so I'm not sure whether I would have liked him as well.

Watch Perks of Being a Wallflower. He's pretty great in that.

studyguy

So how long till they replace this guy? Two? Three films?
Spiderman actors seem like they have the shortest shelf life.

Seems like a good choice. He's also young so he has a potential decade or more as Spider-man in the many different movies. Even potentially getting a new spider-man and him moving to a mentor role (like batman beyond) if they wanted to go that route eventually.

Perfect pick if true. Dude was on the top of my list. If you watch any of the new Teen Wolf show, you would have him up there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom