• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dylan O'Brien has been cast as Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad they went with him if this is true.

dylan-obrien-birthday-august-26-2013-gifs-midnightrider1.gif

Now Dave Franco as Harry and we're good.
Doubt this would happen but it would be hilariously awesome if it did.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I need this to be true sooooooo bad, I'll never get over it now if it isn't him.

Penguin

Well he has the look and that dry-wit on Teen Wolf

Hopefully keep his hair short, his long-hair look is awful

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
wYheWDU.gif

Also, thanks for the credit, man. I owe you a few rounds on Smash U.

No problem, and you are on!

Is he that great of an actor?

Nothing in this guy's history has me terribly excited. Haven't seen all of his stuff though

I have no idea with his skills because I haven't seen any of his works but he actually look like Peter Parker to me. I thought he's perfect for Peter Parker.

Like some of the Marvel actors, it was my first time seeing most of them in the movies since I lost interests to watch most of the films long time ago.

From the Reddit thread:

A curious, less important question than the scheduling one. Did the audition process involve any casual interactions with any other Avengers cast members to determine chemistry and how well they fit?
Like RDJ, hence his upcoming announcement? :p

[–]redditleaker23456 2 points 14 hours ago
RDJ was definitely involved. In fact, I've been hearing Peter and Tony Stark are going to have a lot of screen time together in upcoming MCU films. They're both geniuses and they're both cocky smart-mouths, not to mention that Peter sides with him in Civil War, so they compliment each other very well as characters. I hope that's exciting to hear.

B.K.

I don't know who he is and I've never seen anything he's in, so I'll have to wait until Civil War is out to make an opinion of him.

AlexBasch

Oh. He might be a nice Peter Parker.

And Google'd his name because I had no idea who he was. Before being a jackaas and post "Who?" because people can't be bothered to fucking search.

I'm so weird, I know.

Pavaloo

So was the 95% figure just blowing smoke up our butts? Or is that still up in the air?

it might have been up in the air

it might have just to get people talking

I'll still wait on a proper source. I remember this guy "leaking" the Sony/Marvel deal, but he was honestly just saying what everyone on the internet had already been speculating at that point.

Choomp

Banned
Sure, that's a fine choice. I kinda wanted Logan Lerman cause I like where his career has been going and I just kinda wanted to see him as Spidey.

plainr_

From the Reddit thread:

A curious, less important question than the scheduling one. Did the audition process involve any casual interactions with any other Avengers cast members to determine chemistry and how well they fit?

RDJ was definitely involved. In fact, I've been hearing Peter and Tony Stark are going to have a lot of screen time together in upcoming MCU films. They're both geniuses and they're both cocky smart-mouths, not to mention that Peter sides with him in Civil War, so they compliment each other very well as characters. I hope that's exciting to hear.

This is the big announcement on Thursday. I can feel it.

Percy

Banned
That is actually not a bad choice.

He is literally the only cast member of Teen Wolf that isn't insufferably awful.

Blader

If true, what a shame for Drew Godard. Gave up Daredevil, his dream project, because of Sinister Six, which is now being shelved anyway for a new Spider-Man.

Whenever I hear this guy's name I think of that Seinfeld episode where Jerry and George pose as O'Brien and Murphy to get a ride in a limo, and one of them also uses Dylan. Great episode.

Seems like a decent pick.

HabeeNo

From the Reddit thread:

Please be true

entremet

He looks like a high schooler. Which he should as Marvel already said thats the age group of the next Spidey they want

Yep. I think we're so used to older castings. Peter Parker was boy genius type for a long time in the comics.

I prefer college aged Pete, though.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This video that Froli posted in the last rumor thread (with Lerman and O'Brien) sold me (and quite a few other people) on him. I haven't seen Lerman in anything besides the first Percy Jackson film (which I watched after the rumors), so I'm not sure whether I would have liked him as well.

. . .

I'm fine with this casting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom