• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - Ghost of Tsushima 2 will be announced this year at the PS Showcase in June/May

Zones

Man just make another Sly Cooper game, SP.
Not sure why people bring this up after they said the following less than two years ago...

“As our games continue to grow in scale and complexity, they require the full attention of our studio,” the blog post reads. “With our focus on our current project, we have no plans to revisit Infamous or Sly Cooper right now, and no other studio is currently working on projects related to those franchises either. These characters are very special and near and dear to our hearts, so while we’d never say never to re-opening those doors down the road, for now, there are no Infamous or Sly Cooper games in development.”

Crazy to me that a sequel now takes 4 years just to get an announcement. I thought GOW Ragnorak taking 4.5 to release was bad. This is just nuts.

Sony should be investing more into their studios giving them more bodies instead of laying off thousands.
Or pull back just a bit on their budgets/production cycles so their teams can produce more games/content in shorter time frames.

Sushi_Combo

Not sure why people bring this up after they said the following less than two years ago...

“As our games continue to grow in scale and complexity, they require the full attention of our studio,” the blog post reads. “With our focus on our current project, we have no plans to revisit Infamous or Sly Cooper right now, and no other studio is currently working on projects related to those franchises either. These characters are very special and near and dear to our hearts, so while we’d never say never to re-opening those doors down the road, for now, there are no Infamous or Sly Cooper games in development.”
Yeah I'm aware of this, just wishful thinking lol.

nowhat

I think Ghost of Tsushima 2 is pretty much given. As is Horizon 3, whatever it will be called. Ditto for TLOU 3.

But that still leaves a lot of PS studios doing... what? What is Bend doing (apparently not Days Gone 2, but surely they're working on something)? Housemarque? And so on. While I think it's great that games are no longer announced way too early (because all kinds of shit can happen before release, including downright cancellation), Sony, you need to throw us a bone every now and then.

Oberstein

The first one was good, but I want a white savior this time.

05864c6fc32983cc9d8b38b631c31222_w200.gif

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Ghosts of Tsushima felt like an outdated PS3 game in design when it launched.

They have to step it up BIG TIME to compete with the heavy hitters in Sonys first party.

Hopefully they took the training wheels off and this is an Uncharted 2 level improvement

GymWolf

They have to step it up BIG TIME to compete with the heavy hitters in Sonys first party.

Hopefully they took the training wheels off and this is an Uncharted 2 level improvement
It was sony's assassin creed but with a slightly better story (focus on slightly) and much better combat (very low bar to surpass tho) and worse stealth.

They need to really step up big time in every department except soundtrack and art design that were top tier already.

StereoVsn

Well, I guess I enjoy PS3 level design since this game, GoW 2018 and first Spider-Man were my favorite Sony games of PS4 era until now.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Krieger

Hopefully Jin leaves Tsushima, because that tiny island doesn't have anything interesting left to offer. Traveling to the mainland and fighting against the troops of the emperor is the logical next step.

Ramz87

Can’t believe the first game came out nearly 4 years ago! One of my favourite games on PS4. Release next year??

Top Bottom