• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Guitar Hero World Tour's leaked setlist

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Un4 said:
If this is true this list is shitting all over the RB 2 one IMHO. Day one!

Guitar Hero got Pull me Under from Dream Theater and Rock Band gets Panic Attack from the same band? :lol
They both should ignore that band completely and let the internet go nuts.

Let the prog rock kids play with themselves imo

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Okin said:
Stop right there. First off, you can have melody tracks for vocals, just not lyrics.
No6 said:
I can't imagine why you'd think this is acceptable.
I can't imagine why you would think this is possible. Lyrics for current songs are copyrighted, and so would lead to a whole slew of lawsuits. The music will be an interpolation (I wonder if people will be allowed to include real names in the titles) and this still may be a major issue as the MPA have gone after a bunch of guitar tab websites in the last couple of years.

Cahill

Banned
dave is ok said:

angry.jpg

TheGreatDave said:
They don't use weapons any more. It's more "this boss has recorded a hard song, take it in turns to play sections and try and survive" I think. Which is much better. The Mario Kart stuff works online but not so much in career.
Oh thank God.

Struct09 said:
But with the instrument cross-compatibility, everyone can win. As a fan of rhythm games, it's hard to justify not getting both.
The only question is which set for instruments. I really don't want to be stuck with three sets of drums this christmas.

Basch

Struct09 said:
But with the instrument cross-compatibility, everyone can win. As a fan of rhythm games, it's hard to justify not getting both.

Exactly my feelings. I'm getting both. So much win here. Just too much to ignore. Glad they got the cross-compatibility settled. :D

I wonder if, in GHWT, during solos you can use the solo buttons like you can in RB. No strumming needed. Because I'm getting the RB2 bundle and maybe the GHWT disc and would be cool to use the solo buttons on the Strat in GH

Do we know if it even differentiated between a solo and normal in GHWT?

painey

if this is real it destroys RB2 setlist.. damn, i would have to buy all the instruments too because GH is better.. expensive!

Mindlog

but RB2's charts will likely be better

I'm all over GHWT though. Not so much for the set list, but for the creation tools. I've screwed around with Fruity Loops FL for a while and I want to see what GHWT offers and how easy it would be to get my nephews into it.

fresquito

dave is ok said:

What's your problem with DT? too complex for your mind? :lol

Magik

Struct09 said:

In a perfect world everybody would win with these two amazing games, but with the fanboys it's one or the other. Take a look at the forums of the respective companies and you'll see there are people who have sworn to not purchase the rival game.

It's quite amusing actually.

Back to the list, I hope it's true cause there are a lot of great songs, but as I sad in the RB thread, there are some oddities with the layout of everything along with strange inclusions such as a GUITAR battle with... Sting? Eh? No Drum or Band battles?

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I've been wanting one of their songs since GH's launch.

Hearing songs from their newer album, 'An answer can be found', just beg to be in these music games. Here's hoping for DLC.
Deron is a very talented guitarist and greatly overlooked. CKY have some of the most catchiest and complex riffs out there and I could see a ton of their songs easily fitting into the GH/RB mold. I think alot of people who havent heard of them would really be interested in them after playing some of their songs in these type of games.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
push2flush said:
Something HAS to be off on this one;

a whole tool tour? there are pics of billy corgan doing motion capture for the game, but he's not listed in it. I'm in day one pretty much no matter what the setlist (Wii owner) but you have to doubt it a little.
The first encore is "Today" by SP. He may not be a boss battle, just an unlockable guitarist.

Edit: Just gotta add my praise for the setlist. Good to see At the Drive In on there.

Jtrizzy

Ok so I have a question. Will I be able to use GHIV's guitar to play Guitar Hero III disc (PS3)

I'm thinking about going out and buying GHIII right now, because it has a pretty awesome set list as well. I was thinking I could use that guitar as a bass if I get the IV bundle. However, I'm not made of money and am thinking I should just wait till (when does IV come out?) and get that bundle.

Oh and the sound track for IV is fucking incredible.

Struct09

Coin Return said:
The first encore is "Today" by SP. He may not be a boss battle, just an unlockable guitarist.

Edit: Just gotta add my praise for the setlist. Good to see At the Drive In on there.

We know Haley from Paramore is in the game too, and the Paramore song is listed as an Encore track as well. So possibly the same story.

Cynar

Oh wow ! I hope that list is true! Damn amazing list!

"Enjoy the Silence" by Lacuna Coil

I'd kill to have that song in , don't care who covers it.

sneaky77

fistfulofmetal said:
I wonder if, in GHWT, during solos you can use the solo buttons like you can in RB. No strumming needed. Because I'm getting the RB2 bundle and maybe the GHWT disc and would be cool to use the solo buttons on the Strat in GH

Do we know if it even differentiated between a solo and normal in GHWT?

I doubt it, because the GH engine does not have the code to make the solos to be played like that.

Gameinformer just confirmed the list to be fake.

"A list of songs has been floating around online today, purportedly comprising the Guitar Hero: World Tour setlist. With songs from bands like Tool, Pink Floyd and Thin Lizzy, it looks like a music-game lover's dream. Well, the folks at Activision and Red Octane are pinching us all awake with the announcement that it's a fake. We spoke with a representative who confirmed that, while some of those songs are indeed in the game (Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher," for one), the bulk of it is wishful thinking and pure speculation.

And we were so looking forward to the boss battle with bassist Sting, too. Dra"

Okin

No6 said:
I can't imagine why you'd think this is acceptable.

No, and fake list or not, I look forward to YYZ and Jessica being recreated. However, good instrumental songs are few and far between, and while I can appreciate technical mastery, I don't see those types of songs being translated easily into plastic guitar/drums. I mostly anticipate the system being taken over and abused by the scorehero crowd unless the online trading system is extremely feature-loaded.

This is bordering on ignorance. You are implying that the only worthwhile thing about these music games are the vocal parts. Where have you been for the past three years? History has shown how well songs can be translated into plastic guitar and drums, and instrumental songs only provide even more creativity and content for you to amuse yourself with.

I'm sure you'll be able to find user created songs that aren't just blazing fast solos the whole time as well.

Cahill

Banned
gnarkill bill said:

"A list of songs has been floating around online today, purportedly comprising the Guitar Hero: World Tour setlist. With songs from bands like Tool, Pink Floyd and Thin Lizzy, it looks like a music-game lover's dream. Well, the folks at Activision and Red Octane are pinching us all awake with the announcement that it's a fake. We spoke with a representative who confirmed that, while some of those songs are indeed in the game (Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher," for one), the bulk of it is wishful thinking and pure speculation.

*Lip quivering*

sneaky77

gnarkill bill said:

Would they come out and say is real? Hmx also denied their leak.

Also... I don't expect it to be 100% real.. but is fun to speculate... and wish that it was lol

Struct09

gnarkill bill said:

:(

Ridley327

Truth be told, I get the feeling that the bulk of the list is true. It's stuff like Comfortably Numb and Hallowed Be Thy Name (after what Harmonix said about the Maiden masters and the drum mixes) that set the BS alarm off. But seriously, Sting guitar battle? The believers brought this upon themselves.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
gnarkill bill said:

Well, it's not like they would simply say; "yep, that list is real"....

Nobody else finds it odd that it has 3 songs from the same band for an entire tour?

Never happened before in a GH game that wasn't named after a band.

It's not called Guitar Hero: World Tool.

Edit: Didn't read far enough ahead. Guess it's fake.

Time to go back to praising RB2.

NEO Frog

Banned
Man if there is no Tool on the game I will be effin' pi$$ed!!!

Somebody always drags this rumor out. It happened on GH2 & 3 also!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Holy fucking SHIT this setlist is amazing. I want to play nearly all these songs. Such an improvement over GH3! Hell even RB1.

I gotta break Kermit out for this one
kermit.gif

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Danthrax said:
Holy fucking SHIT this setlist is amazing. I want to play nearly all these songs. Such an improvement over GH3! Hell even RB1.

I gotta break Kermit out for this one
kermit.gif
:lol , scroll up

When Activision posts the real setlist, I won't be surprised if it looks exactly like this one with maybe one or two different songs so Activision can say "See, we told you that one was fake!"

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Guhnmystro said:
That's good and all, but I like the games for the music, not who I get to play as, mostly because when you're shredding away 200 note solos, you don't really have time to stop and check out what jimi is doing.

I was mainly talking about the part where they say there will be atleast three tool songs and the dedicated venue is real. :p

No6

Okin said:
This is bordering on ignorance. You are implying that the only worthwhile thing about these music games are the vocal parts. Where have you been for the past three years? History has shown how well songs can be translated into plastic guitar and drums, and instrumental songs only provide even more creativity and content for you to amuse yourself with.
No, what I'm saying is that vocals hide repetition in a lot of songs and that, seperately, songs based on instrument mastery don't always translate well into plastic guitar. Jessicas are few and far between.

I'll certainly say, though, that both GH and RB would have been total failures if the songs were vocal-less.
I'm sure you'll be able to find user created songs that aren't just blazing fast solos the whole time as well.
This depends heavily on how the store is organized.

fresquito

perfectchaos007 said:
When Activision posts the real setlist, I won't be surprised if it looks exactly like this one with maybe one or two different songs so Activision can say "See, we told you that one was fake!"
I too think the bulk of the tracklist will be very close to this leaked one.

Papercuts said:
I was mainly talking about the part where they say there will be atleast three tool songs and the dedicated venue is real. :p

Ah.

Although does anyone else think that 3 on-disc songs by the same band is too much?

It should be kept for DLC, IMO.

Cynar said:
Oh wow ! I hope that list is true! Damn amazing list!

"Enjoy the Silence" by Lacuna Coil

I'd kill to have that song in , don't care who covers it.

The other day I was listening to the song and thinking "id love to play this, but theyd never use the Lacuna Coil cover" (which I think would be more fun)

Also, the My Chemical Romance song is very random. Why not a known song.

fresquito said:
I too think the bulk of the tracklist will be very close to this leaked one.

Same here. Especially after the better RB2 leaked list turned out to be real.

DuckRacer

gnarkill bill said:

YES

My hope for Hotel California stays alive.
perfectchaos007 said:
Eh, I doubt it. They have previously confirmed 85 songs, the list has 85 songs ignoring the boss battles and samples listed.

Top Bottom