• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Guitar Hero World Tour's leaked setlist

Struct09

I'm just happy that GHWT will work with my Rock Band drum set (Xbox 360 version). Makes it easy for me to get excited over the tracklist :D

Hope the list is true, a lot of songs there that I'd love to play.

NEO Frog

Banned
Sounds fake to me. How the hell did they land 3 Tool songs. That would be bada$$ if true.

Dream Theater, Vai, Pink Floyd? To good to be true me thinks!

Edit: Just effin' wow!!!! This spanks every music game ever made if true. There is some trippin' progressive classic tracks of A$$ kickery in there!!!

WOW!!!

Petrie

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Seeing as they haven't said "weekly DLC" I wouldn't expect it.

I don't understand why we're now deciding if we're purchasing a product based on whether or not it'll give us the ability to purchase additional content. It's not like you're getting married to the game.

Extends the life of the product, allows you to further tailor the experience to your liking, increases the value proposition for the money invested. For me at least, if I'm dropping $200 on a bundle of instruments, part of the reason I'm willing to is the promise of additional downloadable content. It's just like an investment in a console, I won't do that without the promise that there's lots more games to come, and I won't drop $200 on RB/GH without the same promise.

sneaky77

TheGreatDave said:

I don't understand why we're now deciding if we're purchasing a product based on whether or not it'll give us the ability to purchase additional content. It's not like you're getting married to the game.

Specially if you own rockband as well.. I think 2 games with weekly wallet rapes would bleed me too fast lol

edit: They said they will have more DLC than they have done before.. and they have not announced further plans.

Petrie said:
Extends the life of the product, allows you to further tailor the experience to your liking, increases the value proposition for the money invested. For me at least, if I'm dropping $200 on a bundle of instruments, part of the reason I'm willing to is the promise of additional downloadable content. It's just like an investment in a console, I won't do that without the promise that there's lots more games to come, and I won't drop $200 on RB/GH without the same promise.

I guess if you're buying the instruments that makes sense. For the guys that play Rock Band I don't see why it can't, at the very least, just be a $60 game you pick up and enjoy, rather than this "if it doesn't have weekly DLC I'm out" stuff.

witness

ZOMG Pink Floyd! Comfortably Numb has an awesome solo in it to. Only one eagles song after they touted them being in the game? Hopefully they add more for dlc.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
TheGreatDave said:

:lol I know you love disc based stuff... but come on.

With games like this, the one with the most songs you like will end up giving up the most enjoyment.

dave is ok said:

With games like this, the one with the most songs you like will end up giving up the most enjoyment.

I'm not saying DLC doesn't matter, I think it's very important. But I don't think anybody applies this line of thinking to other games. I just don't see how 80 songs + music studio can't just be worth the money. This is how we made decisions in the old days! I didn't buy the original Amplitude or Band Brothers and get angry it didn't have DLC.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
TheGreatDave said:
I'm not saying DLC doesn't matter, I think it's very important. But I don't think anybody applies this line of thinking to other games. I just don't see how 80 songs + music studio can't just be worth the money. This is how we made decisions in the old days! I didn't buy the original Amplitude or Band Brothers and get angry it didn't have DLC.
I mean, I think the tracklist is great if true. But I'm not a big fan of the super heavy stuff and wish that it was relegated to DLC like it is on Rock Band. But if Activision releases Aenima by Tool as a complete album download, I'll buy the game day one.

DarkJC

dave is ok said:

Sure but you're paying $60 for the game with 80+ songs. If more songs come later, great, but if they don't, $60 for 80+ songs (a lot of them great songs) is a hell of a deal. Isn't that worth it alone?

The only worrying thing, is if they do have Pink Floyd, Activision and Neversoft have got to have no fucking perspective if they're not, oh I don't know, saying that they do.

Some really good stuff in there, but the ratio of shit to gold is too skewed towards shit for my tastes. The Kids Arent Allright, Beat It, Hot for Teacher, Purple Haze, and Hallowed be thy Name sound SOOOO good to me though.

scitek

BigBlackGamer said:
year of the music game. GH:WT & RB2 will keep me busy well into 200X
Well, if it keeps you busy into 200X, I think that'd have to be 9 since that's the only one left. :p

I'm scratching my head at the possibility of playing "Bleed it out" by Linkin Park. That whole song is practically one note.

And would "Man in the Box" be uncut? ("Buried in my pit.")

I don't see why getting DLC would matter in this case. Rock Band gets weekly DLC, and the drums/guitar (at least on the 360) will work with Rock Band. Get this bundle for the game, its awesome setlist, and the almost assuredly superior instruments and then get Rock Band on disc only for that weekly stuff. And get RB2 disc only for those songs as well.

That's what would be my plan if I didn't own any of these games already. Hell, it is my plan and I own all of these games already.

I still don't get the point of the ION drumkit in a game with only 4 pads charted. I know its a good quality kit and all but it just seems pointless unless you want to use it as a real drum set.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
TheGreatDave said:
I still don't get the point of the ION drumkit in a game with only 4 pads charted. I know its a good quality kit and all but it just seems pointless unless you want to use it as a real drum set.
It allows for more freedom. On a basic high-hat snare beat, you'd use the yellow cymbal and for a basic ride snare beat you'd use the blue cymbal, whereas for a fill that goes 4x snare, 4x mount tom, 4x mount tom crash- you'd use the yellow and blue toms

dave is ok said:
It allows for more freedom. On a basic high-hat snare beat, you'd use the yellow cymbal and for a basic ride snare beat you'd use the blue cymbal, whereas for a fill that goes 4x snare, 4x mount tom, 4x mount tom crash- you'd use the yellow and blue toms

I get what it allows you to do, but $300 for that ability...

belvedere

Junior Butler
ATDI, fucking awesome (though it's probably the last song of theirs I'd pick to have in GH or RB).

This might mean there's hope that one of the games will have some Volta eventually. Any song by them would be a blast to play.

Okin

If this is a true list, its just another amazing step in attempting to blow away the competition of Rock Band 2.

FF_VIII

Banned
TheGreatDave said:

Yeah, really.

It's still only 5 inputs.

Perdew

FF_VIII said:
Yeah, really.

It's still only 5 inputs.

Speaking of the ION kit; they mentioned that the RB2 kit recognized the difference between cymbals and pads even if they were mapped the same. By that logic I'd think the ION kit will be cross-compatible. I could be wrong; is there evidence otherwise?

fresquito

I don't understand why the choose Enjoy the Silence by Lacuna Coil when it's a cover of Depeche Mode. It's not like Lacuna Coils has no better songs. What About Senzafine, Falling/Falling Again, Honeymoon Suite or My Wings?

yacobod

Banned
Decades of Metal Tour
"Warriors of Time" by Black Tide
"Leather Rebel" by Judas Priest
Encore: "Hallowed be Thy Name" by Iron Maiden

Livin' in a Nightmare Tour:
"Angel of Death" by Slayer
"Tornado of Souls" by Megadeth
Encore: "Master of Puppets" by Metallica

:D :D :D :D

TheKurgan

Very nice lineup - Please be true, Please be true....

I need a second guitar so it is almost a guarantee I will buy this on day one. RB2 still has a outside chance but it isn't looking good so far.

No6

TheGreatDave said:
For me it's that I now want one central source for my music gaming. I'm getting GHWT but I won't buy any DLC for it, simply because my RB pile is huge and I seriously doubt Neversoft will ever catch up in either quantity or quality. Yeah, kids these days is a fun argument but Harmonix really raised the bar with the "platform DLC" thing. That new GH3 DLC with Vai sounds great but I'd never pay for it at this point because I expect my DLC to keep working on future games.

Hell, assuming that list is true, I'd rather just pay $60 to strip the songs from the disc and use them in RB.
Sure but you're paying $60 for the game with 80+ songs. If more songs come later, great, but if they don't, $60 for 80+ songs (a lot of them great songs) is a hell of a deal. Isn't that worth it alone?
Only if you assume each song is equally good. Of my 70 or so RB DLC songs, I regret... 2? The RB and GH3 setlists don't even come close to making me as consistantly happy, but then they also come with all the "game" stuff.

No6 said:
For me it's that I now want one central source for my music gaming. I'm getting GHWT but I won't buy any DLC for it, simply because my RB pile is huge and I seriously doubt Neversoft will ever catch up in either quantity or quality. Yeah, kids these days is a fun argument but Harmonix really raised the bar with the "platform DLC" thing. That new GH3 DLC with Vai sounds great but I'd never pay for it at this point because I expect my DLC to keep working on future games.

Hell, assuming that list is true, I'd rather just pay $60 to strip the songs from the disc and use them in RB.
but there's no buckethead in RB.

...wait. Why would they have nottingham lace in a game with a microphone? Are there other instrumental tracks?

No6 said:

Only if you assume each song is equally good. Of my 70 or so RB DLC songs, I regret... 2? The RB and GH3 setlists don't even come close to making me as consistantly happy, but then they also come with all the "game" stuff.

Your wants and needs are so far removed from mine that we can't even begin a conversation! I love having two games with their own unique characteristics. I wouldn't want to give up features exclusive to either game.

DuckRacer

Perdew said:
Woah, woah, woah

Misery Business? Wasn't that confirmed DLC for Rock Band? What ever came of it...
It was leaked in some DLC files IIRC. Paramore has a song in RB2 as well, so it's not like having Hayley as a character in the game = exclusivity or something.

Also, from the rock band thread:
dave is ok said:
For the curious, here's the duplicate songs in that leaked GHWT setlist:

"The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World
"Today" by Smashing Pumpkins
"Misery Business" by Paramore (found reference to it in DLC files)
"The Kids Aren't Alright" by The Offspring (confirmed by band)
"The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars
"Dammit" by Blink 182
"Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult
"Take it Away" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Man in the Box" by Alice in Chains
"Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana (found reference to it in DLC files)
"Everlong" by Foo Fighters
"Vasoline" by Stone Temple Pilots

Many other duplicate bands, but different tracks (Chop Suey v. Toxicity, Testify v. Renegades of Funk, etc.)
I really like the tracklist, but I don't care for the fact that a small chunk of the songs are or will be in RB.

I also wonder why they didn't choose other songs from some artists in the game. Runaway instead of Have a Nice Day or You Give Love a Bad Name for Bon Jovi? Really? Life in the Fast Lane instead of Hotel California? Really?!

I'm still getting the game because of Hallowed Be Thy Name (!!!) and the Tool songs. And Jumping Jack Flash.

Perdew

Duck said:
It was leaked in some DLC files IIRC. Paramore has a song in RB2 as well, so it's not like having Hayley as a character in the game = exclusivity or something.

Oh I know, but frankly Riot! sucks. Crushcrushcrush was cute enough, but 'That's What You Get' is very bland. Misery Business it just an awesome, catchy song for some reason, and I want to play it on drums badly.

...I'm still confused about Rock Band instruments working in GHIV. Isn't that impossible for the drums?

Struct09

Perdew said:
...I'm still confused about Rock Band instruments working in GHIV. Isn't that impossible for the drums?

We only have confirmation for the 360 version so far, but the drum note charts in GHWT go down to 4 pads if you're using the Rock Band drums.

Baker

Banned
yacobod said:
Decades of Metal Tour
"Warriors of Time" by Black Tide
"Leather Rebel" by Judas Priest
Encore: "Hallowed be Thy Name" by Iron Maiden

Livin' in a Nightmare Tour:
"Angel of Death" by Slayer
"Tornado of Souls" by Megadeth
Encore: "Master of Puppets" by Metallica

:D :D :D :D

Exactly.

I don't care if the whole rest of the list is fake, as long as these two sections are the truth.

No6

TheGreatDave said:
Your wants and needs are so far removed from mine that we can't even begin a conversation! I love having two games with their own unique characteristics. I wouldn't want to give up features exclusive to either game.
Aside from the music mixer (which I consider broken due to the vocals) and instruments (I'll probably buy a GHWT guitar but would prefer to get the cymbal expansion for RB if it translates into a near-identical GHWT setup), what exactly is unique about GHWT? The tracklist, if true, makes it seem like the "band" game will be just a standard progression like in GH3/RB, rather than the BWT mode. The character creator probably won't be significantly different between the two, although I would expect RB2 to be more feature loaded simply due to expanding on RB1.

Oh wait, I forgot boss battles, which by the sounds of it have been changed in GHWT to basically like playing online with people.

Grecco

The tour is not standard progression you pick and choose where you want to go and theres no repetition of songs. Its like a better BWT

Top Bottom