• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

k_Reign

there's unlockable characters

i hope ):

I'm afraid that those are just icons...as in those are all the characters but some will be unlockable.

EDIT: If some characters are unlockable, the icons would still be in the listing, but the unlockable icon has to be there as well. But the characters would all be listed there.

Also, where's Big Daddy in that list?

Tagg9

That unlockable slot still gives me hopr for crash.

Maybe I'm just not reading much into it, but surely all of the ~20 characters won't be unlocked to begin with? I assume you need to beat the story mode or earn rewards in multiplayer just to unlock everyone. And for everyone who isn't currently unlocked, they'll have the "unlockable" icon on them.

/edit: What k_Reign said.

Why would you be curious?

They have games featuring them upcoming.

Makes more sense than characters from one game 10+ years ago, but no one ever agrees with me on that.

I can understand that the new Dante is the one from the upcoming DmC game, but in regards to celebrating Playstation, it was the OG Dante that was in DMC1 and DMC3 - playstation exclusives.....anddmc2...

LuuKyK

I'm afraid that those are just icons...as in those are all the characters but some will be unlockable.

EDIT: If some characters are unlockable, the icons would still be in the listing, but the unlockable icon has to be there as well. But the characters would all be listed there.

Also, where's Big Daddy in that list?

Now that you mentioned it, he really isn't there.

Also, what is this?

28/07/2012 11:02 PM 23,296 css_character_icon_coleg.ctxr

Mink said no crash and spyro

Mink said Lightning was in. :(

Tagg9

Here's some more random data for people (minion_list.bcsv):
/characters/_minions/athena_minion/charsetup/athena_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/captainqwark_minion/charsetup/captainqwark_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/fatprincessworker_minion/charsetup/fatprincessworker_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/dollface_minion/charsetup/dollface_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/helghastsoldier_minion/charsetup/helghastsoldier_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/kai_minion/charsetup/kai_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/kat_minion/charsetup/kat_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/keira_minion/charsetup/keira_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/kiya_minion/charsetup/kiya_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/kuma_minion/charsetup/kuma_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/littlesister_minion/charsetup/littlesister_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/monkey_minion/charsetup/monkey_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/murray_minion/charsetup/murray_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/nix_minion/charsetup/nix_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/pierre_minion/charsetup/pierre_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/pjberri_minion/charsetup/pjberri_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/sackbot_minion/charsetup/sackbot_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/sam_minion/charsetup/sam_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/sully_minion/charsetup/sully_minion.sgpr
$/characters/_minions/zeke_minion/charsetup/zeke_minion.sgpr

Who is "Kat"?

LuuKyK

Here's some more random data for people (minion_list.bcsv):

Who is "Kat"?

DAMN.

I assume minions are like the characters they said would be in the background?

Edit: or not since Kuma is part of one of the Heihachi specials, isn't he?

I said placeholder in menu. Those icons are just placeholders in there position in the game data. Also, yeah where is Big Daddy? So Big Daddy and Lightning are missing. So yeah, see no reason why the leaker would be wrong on one character.

Jawmuncher

I forgot about this "minion" business im guessing that the equivalent to assist trophies in brawl perhaps?

It would make sense then as to why David Hayter would do voice work but snake wouldn't be a character in the game.
This could also be where Lightning and from the look of that data is for sure where Kat is (Gravity Rush)

EDIT:NVM looks like their just background charcaters, sad face indeed.

k_Reign

The minions seem to just be background characters and non-controllable characters like Kuma. There are some interesting ones there, though.

-> Another reminder. The story in the game will focus on the rivalry between a pair of playable characters. So that's a starting point to guesses.

hmmm
infamous_ps3_conceptart_Nf4G9.jpg

VS

?

Or is that too easy?

Edit:

Who is "Kat"?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Now that you mentioned it, he really isn't there.

Also, what is this?

Mink said Lightning was in. :(

So you just based it on uncompleted beta. I am sure that those characters are completed by now, and they are still working on other characters.

Is Kai from heavenly sword or am I remembering that wrong?

I hope the story mode is told in cinematics, but considering sony's budgeting of games these days I can see Animated Comic books being the deal. Good vs Bad cole is a given.

Redic vs drake maybe, fat princess vs sly.. I hope they get creative with this stuff.

I hope Kat isn't just a background character, that would be such a huge waste. As in "i'm not buying this game anymore" type of waste.

Kat reduced to simple background character?

I-I... y-you.. okay, SuperBot... still buying the game... ):

At least SuperBot realizes she exists and put her in somehow!

RedBoot

Actually, looking at the minions, it looks like there's one per character. I can match them all except Kiya, Kat, Pierre, and Sam, who should fit with Raiden, Dante, Sir Dan, and Toro.

Kuro would be with Toro, right? So is that what Kat refers to?

k_Reign

Kat being a background character makes me think that her world is part of one of the mash-ups...I can't wait to see that!

k_Reign

I really hope Lightning is a playable character...she seems like she would fit so well and be amazing to play as. Maybe that list is incomplete.

Top Bottom