• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

Why not just have Evil Cole as an alternate costume for Cole?

Gotta buff up those character counts

A lot of these 3rd party characters are quickly becoming the Sony All-Stars equivalent of Melee's clones in terms of bizarre character choices. To me personally that's not a good thing when more iconic characters might not be in the game (as much as I like big Daddy and the like).

The stages seem really cool, and I'm fine with those characters except for Dino and Evil Cole. The former is just ugghh... and a complete waste to not use the iconic Dante deign especially when he was in MvC3. And Evil Cole is a wasted slot not just because it would be two characters from the one franchise but because it's the same character. Missing certain big franchises/characters but having two Coles would be ridiculous.

Jawmuncher

Not gonna lie but some of those "leaks"
sound pretty cool.

Besides Evil Cole
That seems kind of pointless should just be a skin for regular cole.
Guess well see come gamescom

libregkd

Why not just have Evil Cole as an alternate costume for Cole?
Could have a different move set. Evil Cole could have enough evil specific powers that could warrant another character slot.

I don't think it'd be a bad idea actually. I would just prefer the first game to be packed to the brim of different franchises in the roster. I wouldn't mind an Evil Cole for a sequel or something.

If any third party franchise deserves two characters it's MGS. Raiden and Snake bring two very unique move sets to the table and both represent the series' roots and future.

No way is a third party franchise going to have more characters represented than ninety percent of the first party franchises (assuming this leak is true).

I like the sound of the leak mostly outside of Evil Cole which is pretty lame (but then again, you're talking to someone who mained Dr. Mario in Melee, so, uh....).

RedBoot

A lot of these 3rd party characters are quickly becoming the Sony All-Stars equivalent of Melee's clones in terms of bizarre character choices. To me personally that's not a good thing when more iconic characters might not be in the game (as much as I like big Daddy and the like).

It's weird, when this game was announced, I figured the most likely 3rd party guys were Crash, Snake, and Cloud. It's a very PS1-focused view, but they seemed to be the most important to the PS's history. Weird that we could end up with none of them.

But these third party guys are all focused on very recent things. Raiden and DmC Dante's games aren't even out yet (Well, the characters already existed, but you know what I mean), and even Heihachi is based on his TTT2 appearance. Add in Lightning, and they're all from the last couple years.

LuuKyK

It's weird, when this game was announced, I figured the most likely 3rd party guys were Crash, Snake, and Cloud. It's a very PS1-focused view, but they seemed to be the most important to the PS's history. Weird that we could end up with none of them.

But these third party guys are all focused on very recent things. Raiden and DmC Dante's games aren't even out yet (Well, the characters already existed, but you know what I mean), and even Heihachi is based on his TTT2 appearance. Add in Lightning, and they're all from the last couple years.

Yeah, if I had to bet, I would have bet in Cloud too. It really is weird. But again, Square already have its crossover (dissidia).

Drago

Alright, so according to this list and our very own prophet, this is the 22 character roster:

Parappa the Rapper (Parappa the Rapper)
Jak and Daxter (Jak and Daxter)
Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
Radec (Killzone)
Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII) (Paul Gale's third female)
Kratos (God of War)
Fat Princess (Fat Princess)
Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
Ratchet and Clank (Ratchet and Clank)
Spike (Ape Escape)
Musashi (Brave Fencer Musashi) (Paul Gale's RPG character)
Sackboy (LittleBig Planet)
Sir Dan (MediEvil)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Cole (inFamous)
Evil Cole (inFamous)
Big Daddy (Bioshock)
Raiden (MGS: Rising)
Dante (DmC)
Toro (Toro)
Heihachi (Tekken)

Not confirmed, but likely, based on the leak and TheMink's source

LuuKyK

Alright, so according to this list and our very own prophet, this is the 22 character roster:

Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
Radec (Killzone)
Kratos (God of War)
Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
Spike (Ape Escape)
Sir Dan (MediEvil)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Cole (inFamous)
Evil Cole (inFamous)
Big Daddy (Bioshock)
Dante (DmC)
Toro (Toro)
Heihachi (Tekken)

I am not sure TheMink has a source. Did he confirm it? Anyway, I would be ok with Lightning.

Yeah, the 3rd parties in this game (besides Heihachi, who TTT2 aside I appreciate for being chosen to tie him in closer to the PS1 era) mostly seem to be in for promotional/political reasons, which I guess isn't *that* bizarre when you think about it, but it still sucks. At least for Snake he really was a 'what the fuck' selection and not because there was some top-secret Wii MGS being worked on.

I can guarantee you if DINO is really in this game Sony's relationship with Ninja Theory was a bigger factor than Capcom merely wanting to advertise DmC (not that Capcom are above that sort of thing). Even the next Project X game is using the original Dante!

Im pretty sure if DINO is in we will get OG Dante as alternate so you could be happy about it if you like Devil May Cry!!

It's not just the issue of the character skin. There's the voice and moveset/weapons and the possibility of DmC Dante being the focus of this and the main character skin over the classic, iconic design so that Capcom can peddle Ninja Theory's crap.

TheMink

I am not sure TheMink has a source. Did he confirm it? Anyway, I would be ok with Lightning.

I will confirm that yes i have a source.

But to be clear, i havent seen anything with my own eyes, so anything is possible.

This leak, however, solidified it in my mind.

Loudninja

If this was the final list,would you guys be satisfied?

Nathan Drake
Toro
Cole
Jak and Daxter
Heihachi
Parappa
Fat Princess
Kratos
Big Daddy
Sly Cooper
Nathan Drake
Sweet tooth
Radec
Sir Daniel
Ratchet and Clank
Dante
Raiden
Spike
Evil Cole

tribal24

Banned
If this was the final list,would you guys be satisfied.

Nathan Drake
Toro
Cole
Jak and Daxter
Heihachi
Parappa
Fat Princess
Kratos
Big Daddy
Sly Cooper
Nathan Drake
Sweet tooth
Radec
Sir Daniel
Ratchet and Clank
Dante
Raiden
Spike
Evil Cole

satisfied with everything except Evil Cole

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Nathan Drake
Toro
Cole
Jak and Daxter
Heihachi
Parappa
Fat Princess
Kratos
Big Daddy
Sly Cooper
Nathan Drake
Sweet tooth
Radec
Sir Daniel
Ratchet and Clank
Dante
Raiden
Spike
Evil Cole

I would for first game, and I hope that they would make sequel for PS4 as launch game with more ps1/ps2 characters. :)

KillGore

Nathan Drake
Toro
Cole
Jak and Daxter
Heihachi
Parappa
Fat Princess
Kratos
Big Daddy
Sly Cooper
Nathan Drake
Sweet tooth
Radec
Sir Daniel
Ratchet and Clank
Dante
Raiden
Spike
Evil Cole

No, I crave more but I would still buy day one

LuuKyK

I will confirm that yes i have a source.

But to be clear, i havent seen anything with my own eyes, so anything is possible.

This leak, however, solidified it in my mind.

So Lightning is confirmed?

ixzwzOcMaQE7x.gif

cyborg009

Banned

Nathan Drake
Toro
Cole
Jak and Daxter
Heihachi
Parappa
Fat Princess
Kratos
Big Daddy
Sly Cooper
Nathan Drake
Sweet tooth
Radec
Sir Daniel
Ratchet and Clank
Dante
Raiden
Spike
Evil Cole

Replace evil with Dart or something and i'll be ok

also Evil Cole needs to be a boss

HardRojo

If that's the final list then count me out, I don't want this game to end up being a DLC fest like SFxT was, having DLC characters in a fighting games sucks, everyone should know that by now, if you're gonna do it then let it be just 2 characters at most.
Anyways, regarding the list if that turns out to be the final one then I'll be very disappointed, this game had a lot of potential character wise so I'm really expecting Sony to aim for 30+ with a few more suprises.

KillGore

Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
Radec (Killzone)
Kratos (God of War)
Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
Spike (Ape Escape)
Sir Dan (MediEvil)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Cole (inFamous)
Evil Cole (inFamous)
Big Daddy (Bioshock)
Dante (DmC)
Toro (Toro)
Heihachi (Tekken)

Nathan Drake
Toro
Cole
Jak and Daxter
Heihachi
Parappa
Fat Princess
Kratos
Big Daddy
Sly Cooper
Nathan Drake
Sweet tooth
Radec
Sir Daniel
Ratchet and Clank
Dante
Raiden
Spike
Evil Cole

Where is Connor? I thought that was strongly hinted?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well I missed this part. Are you serious Mink?!? Let it all out my friend

I don't think he want to put his source at risk if he is going to let it all out. Howevever, I would like to know specific number of characters then I will be happy to speculating rest.

Top Bottom