• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked stages/characters from Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale [Updated]

TheMink

I'm still holding out for DLC, We'll get some of the goods we missed eventually.

I could easily see stuff like Cloud and Kat being DLC down the line, Crash if Sony can moneyhat Activision enough.

Absolutely, DLC seems like a perfect place for kat and cloud.

A total guess on that, not a leak :p

LuuKyK

Now I just wanna see more (confirmed) characters!

I think the two I am hoping for most are Kat and Lightning...I am also surprised to see that Snake is not a big part of this speculation; I thought he was all but confirmed.

Anyway, I assume the two characters I want most would not be revealed until TGS were they in the roster...oh well! I think the rest of the roster will bring plenty of surprises.

IDK. I wonder if this leak will affect SuperBot plans for the unvielings?

All of this is killing me. =(

I think the two I am hoping for most are Kat and Lightning...I am also surprised to see that Snake is not a big part of this speculation; I thought he was all but confirmed.

Anyway, I assume the two characters I want most would not be revealed until TGS were they in the roster...oh well! I think the rest of the roster will bring plenty of surprises.

You the man. Just add Kiryu above Light and you got my list.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm sure Capcom will squeeze Megaman into one of the editions of MvC3, too. :)

I recalled the interview about it, but I don't remember which interview that they mention that they are trying their best to give us more characters as they can. Also they mention that they are not sure what is final character counts atm.

Ploid 3.0

I hope the idea some people mentioned that PS3 versions of "games get codes for new characters", expanding the roster with DLC with no additional cost (if you buy the other game the character comes from) or by paying like 5-10$ per character (preferably 5 obviously, but I dont see it happening), gets implement

That'd be like a marketing fighter lol, but still giving the candy to everyone with their fav characters fighting other people fav characters.

For example looking at this in retrospective.we would probably have characters such as John Martson or Adam Jensen.

Games will come with codes to add cosplay skins to a certain character TF2 hats style. (that would be a better option since adding new characters would take a lot of work. Last of Us would give Drake a skin to be one of the characters in that game, or dress up like one.

When you look at the promotional materials for Sly, Jak and other characters it's clear they base them off old PR images and renders. The Raiden in this leak looks like that image and Ratchet looks like the Tools of Destruction render for this reason.

DmC Dante already the most hated character on the roster.

Fits, since DmC Dante is pretty much the most hated character in videogames in a long time. And his game isn't even out.

I wanted Dante in this game really bad, and I'm sure they'll have alt-skins for him for hopefully all of the first four games, but we're going to be stuck with the new Dante's voice which sucks pretty bad.

TheMink

Yes this perplexes me as well, all my source said was that Raiden was playable. He didnt mention snake in any capacity. Which is weird because of the whole David Hayter VA thing.

My theory is that snake is in fact in the game as an environmental hazard on a level or perhaps a level 2 for Raiden that replicates the
end of MGS2 where snake and raiden fight together

EDIT: which would in fact require a VA for him.

Just a theory.

If it makes things better for you, at least in this game, different then DmC, you can play as him BUT you can also kill him multiple times. How good is that? :p

Yes! use him as a training dummy if it makes you feel better lol

Jafku

You know, even though some iconic characters are "MIA", I dont think I like the Idea of DLC. Doesnt sit well. Maybe it's just me.

Nice to see Spike and Sir Dan made it.

It's a shame Lightning's probably going to make it in :/ No offense to people that like her, I'm just sorta tired of her.

lol @ you placing the Farron Godess below Kirywho. I expected better things from you Grim.
i love yakuza ):

Sacrifices had to be made!

Not this one, right? I don't know who you mean, hahah.
Only the baddest guy around, Kiryu Kazuma!
Kazuma_ps2.jpg

Wonderful character and would rake in the Japanese fans.

TheMink

It's a shame Lightning's probably going to make it in :/ No offense to people that like her, I'm just sorta tired of her.

I agree, im not a huge fan of lightning. But i am a huge fan of Raiden, so my sword needs are pretty much fulfilled :p

LuuKyK

Yes this perplexes me as well, all my source said was that Raiden was playable. He didnt mention snake in any capacity. Which is weird because of the whole David Hayter VA thing.

My theory is that snake is in fact in the game as an environmental hazard on a level or perhaps a level 2 for Raiden that replicates the

Just a theory.

About Snake. I just think that after Brawl people doesn't want him. Maybe the surprise factor attatched to him just faded with that. :\

She is in less games then Sir Daniel though. How comes you are not tired of him?

k_Reign

1166955_o.gif

Well I would love to see her in the game :) I think there are characters for everyone. Plus we will have half the roster.

I recalled the interview about it, but I don't remember which interview that they mention that they are trying their best to give us more characters as they can. Also they mention that they are not sure what is final character counts atm.
Capcom said the same thing around the time Lupinko leaked the list for MvC3. Don't get your hopes up.

Mr. Fix

Just a theory.

Earlier you said that Jak had his Jak 1 outfit as an alternate. Do you know anything more about alts? Like does Ratchet have his R&C1 outfit without the shirt?

Games will come with codes to add cosplay skins to a certain character TF2 hats style. (that would be a better option since adding new characters would take a lot of work. Last of Us would give Drake a skin to be one of the characters in that game, or dress up like one.

It does take work. But a work sony should promote since they're fighting another platform aswell. Although this concept comes too late. Had this game been out on 2010... it would probably be able to have this kind of system, where the game expands with the IPs.

MEME: pick dino in online fight.

Have the three opponents against you.

Jawmuncher

You know, even though some iconic characters are "MIA", I dont think I like the Idea of DLC. Doesnt sit well. Maybe it's just me.

From what I read in the official thread, SuperBot is trying to stay away from DLC Characters. I'm sure they are going to be plenty of cosutmes though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Capcom said the same thing around the time Lupinko leaked the list for MvC3. Don't get your hopes up.

I never believe whatever Crapcom saying in first place. SuperBot is a new company and I am sure that they don't want to get bad reputation with customers already.

What hope? I already got what I want. I am trying to give other people the hope. Monica from Dark Cloud 2 would be nice but it's impossible for her to be in the game because she seem to be forgotten character.

jph139

Evil Cole is such a half-assed choice if true. He's like Doctor Mario - costume, maybe. Full roster slot? No way.

The lack of Snake and Cloud are the most obvious flaws otherwise... but I can't really complain for the most part, particularly if the Lightning rumor is true. She and Raiden are fair substitutes and 22 characters is a pretty good size.

RedBoot

From what I read in the official thread, SuperBot is trying to stay away from DLC Characters. I'm sure they are going to be plenty of cosutmes though.

DLC's kind of tough for fighters anyway, despite how it might seem like a natural thing. You run the risk of fracturing the player base, or even worse, running into a situation like SFxT.

And if you decide to make, say, 4 new DLC characters...why not just make 4-6 more and release a new version of the game? Much more profitable, and easier to deal with than figuring out the DLC logistics (do you use a title update, require players to download compatibility packs before playing online, etc)

You guys shouldn't even joke about any of the PS1 Final Fantasy games being the worst lol.

FF2 takes that title and that is a fact

TheMink

Earlier you said that Jak had his Jak 1 outfit as an alternate. Do you know anything more about alts? Like does Ratchet have his R&C1 outfit without the shirt?

I actually know virtually nothing about the alt costumes, sorry!

I was just guessing that jak would have his jak 1 outfit. I mean sandover is in the game and thats in jak 1 only, idk seems logical.

pantsmith

I'm not totally convinced- remember that every other stage revealed so far has been a crossover of some kind. These are all just straight normal stages? They do look nice, though.

I also seriously doubt they'd use Dino. It just makes no sense.

But hey, it looks more legit than that Monster Hunter for Vita "leak"

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is that the cat from animal crossing?

LOL

I'm not totally convinced- remember that every other stage revealed so far has been a crossover of some kind. These are all just straight normal stages? They do look nice, though.

Hmm.. Well, I think it's a screen for Stage Selections. Look at Big Little Planet, and you don't see anything from Buzz and Questions game.

I actually know virtually nothing about the alt costumes, sorry!

I was just guessing that jak would have his jak 1 outfit. I mean sandover is in the game and thats in jak 1 only, idk seems logical.

Never even thought of that. That would be an awesome alt costume. I guess most characters can actually fall back on previous designs for alt costumes, that's pretty cool

TheMink

All stages are crossovers, but the way they are crossovers is by actual 3D clashes. idk if that makes sense, but it would seem that the crossover part of the stage wouldn't be viewable in the format we are seeing it in right now as a leak.

yes i know that was a jumbled mess of a paragraph bear with me lol

So you know nothing about the stages?

Nope, didnt ask. I was flipping out over the characters so i forgot lol.
Sorry!

Drago

Never even thought of that. That would be an awesome alt costume. I guess most characters can actually fall back on previous designs for alt costumes, that's pretty cool

Jak needs to have all 4 of his costumes. (Jak 1, Jak 2, Jak 3(main one), Jak X, and maybe Lost Frontier)

Top Bottom