• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Rumor* The Order: 1886 delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The big game for this fall was supposed to be Stig's game and it was called Darksider or something like that.

It stunk. They had to kill it. Note that it was in development since GoW3 and it was never shown publicly. That is why there is a hole in the calendar for 2014.

That actually true?

Then this holiday makes a bunch of sense then if that was the planned big game.

Let me get this straight. You are implicitly implying through a chain of posts that - Sony's 1st Party is in disarray and are on the verge of complete and total failure. Your source on this is the rumor mill?

Bonus question - how is this relevant in a thread about the Order 1886, a game by a studio not wholly owned by Sony Computer Entertainment.

I'm not saying that Sony's entire 1st/2nd party operations are on fire. I'm saying that more often than not, rumors precede announcements. We're not hearing a lot of rumors about Sony, and the ones we are hearing are about the delay of games that were likely scheduled for this holiday season. I honestly think that a year ago, Sony was banking on Uncharted 4, The Order, & SSM's new IP to carry their product during Fall 2014. Somehow, all failed to hit that target. Now they're left open to retaliation.

In a year, I have full faith Sony's going to have a really impressive lineup of exclusives. But for whatever reason, it's not starting this year.

Talk about poor planning by Soony

Sony Santa Monica new ip = cancelled, this will leave a gap in the lineup

Driveclub = delayed by a year, this could have done well at launch

The order 1886 = delayed....

Uncharted = in limbo

Shouldnt have bought a ps4

How is Uncharted in limbo ?

vpance

I just want to play some big AAA title that's true next gen graphics this fall. I guess Ass Unity it's going to be it, hopefully not at 900p though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yea since I am not getting hours at work, I might sell mine as well. What a waste!

At least wait until after E3. I know you tend to act on knee jerk reactions but if there's good stuff coming next year and multiplats you're interested in you might as well wait a couple weeks.

spwolf

i prefer delay and better game than no-delay and crappy game... I am paying same money for it, so I dont mind them investing more into development.

besides, so many games coming out in fall, it doesnt even make sense to publish new IP then unless it is from some famous studio like ND.

I am pretty sure most of my time will be spent on annual sports games (at least 2).

B.O.O.M

Talk about poor planning by Soony

Sony Santa Monica new ip = cancelled, this will leave a gap in the lineup

Uncharted = in limbo

A project getting cancelled isn't really about planning. Maybe management, But it's not about planning ahead to have games on the ps4 or anything

And secondly Uncharted = Limbo? Wtf does that even mean? How is that game in limbo?

How is Uncharted in limbo ?

Several of their key creative staff - including Amy Henning, the main director of the entire franchise - left over the past few months. It's been said the entire game has been sent back to the drawing board. It'll come out - it's too big not to. But they're not hitting this Fall, and may not even be at E3.

Loakum

Banned
It was pretty obvious it's a 2015 game. We only keep seeing the same part over and over from the trailers. On a brighter note...2015 is gonna be insane!!!

A project getting cancelled isn't really about planning. Maybe management, But it's not about planning ahead to have games on the ps4 or anything

And secondly Uncharted = Limbo? Wtf does that even mean? How is that game in limbo?
Ooh maybe that's the new subtitle for the game. Uncharted 4: in limbo

kuroshiki

Samurai warriors 4 and orochi ultimate is coming this year and I am busy with dw8xl.

I can wait. Make the best game possible please.

Besides it is like 3 to 4 month delay. No big deal.

Ishida

Banned

It's SniperHunter trolling as usual. Don't pay much attention.

harSon

Banned
There's still a chance Sony has some announcements for stuff that is slated to release this year, but as far as AAA titles are concerned, Drive Club being delayed a year may have been a blessing in disguise because the PS4's Fall would have been absolutely shameful without it.

teiresias

Like someone said before (and as I've said previously in other threads) we're coming off of the longest console generation in history and Sony can't be bothered to have firm first party lineups for their new console the second fall it's out.

This is ridiculously stupid planning and management, particularly since they released a number of games for PS3 near or shortly after the PS4's release that subsequently sold pretty abysmal numbers (not the last of which is their marquee sim racing IP). Those games SHOULD have been in the PS4 pipeline and the drop off in last gen hardware sales only makes this more obvious.

They better be taking a real hard look at who they have in charge in project management positions and who they have directing their new titles in development because they can't afford to have another year full of delayed titles that subsequently go on complete radio silence about their status for months.

I have ZERO sympathy for either platform holder not having good exclusive lineups for their new platforms when they've been living off of ancient last gen hardware for nearly a decade.

Freeman

Banned
Kojima already showed how to proper delay a game, release a small fraction of it (that is actually pretty good) and cash out to spend the rest of his time photographing bilingual models. Sony is not paying attention.

Pain

Banned
Good. They need to get their shit together and figure out how they're going to promote the game. As of now I'm not impressed with anything but the graphics.

Paracelsus

This is getting absolutely insane, so much for easier-to-develop-for hardware. I get Sony wants to avoid blunders like Untold Legends, Genji and half-baked games like Motorstorm 1 but come oooooooooooon.

Yeah someone needs to elaborate on this

My bad, just reread the post. I meant to say "Respawn's new game being exclusive to Microsoft". I was referring to how previous to last year's E3, everybody knew that Respawn was going to make their game for the ONE. We didn't know what it was, but we knew Playstation wasn't getting it.

Somehow I typed "Sony" instead of "Microsoft".

thuway

So Sony refuses to money hat any exclusives, so when their first parties fall flat on their faces their platform is left with zero exclusives during the crucial holiday season.

Looks like XB1 is going to be closing the sales gap in NA this fall. They deserve it for thinking ahead.

What is this?

Moneyhatting is a stupid, foolish, and expensive practice that will do little in the short term, and even less in the long terms. TitanFall was branded as this amazing Xbox One exclusive, and will more than likely continue marketing itself as an Xbox One title. However, whenever TitanFall 2 launches, and it appears on a Sony platform- what will you do if you are Microsoft? It's an unhealthy and silly practice. The money is better spent investing into yourself.

Last generation, Xbox 360 had secured Bioshock, Mass Effect, Ninja Gaiden, and a variety of JRPG's as exclusives early on in the generation. Time wore on, the games eventually landed on the competitors platforms, and the "identity" / "brand awareness" Microsoft attempted to create by the timed exclusivity did very little in the long term.

The smartest thing Microsoft or Sony could do is to create your own teams and I.P. IMO.

A project getting cancelled is a big deal. If that new ssm ip was being planned for summer 2015, sony wont have anything to replace it. This will lead to another dry period in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom