• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Rumor* The Order: 1886 delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

220px-Goodthingsshot.jpg

Guinness isn't that good tho

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
So apart from Drive Club what's coming out this year then?

I must say Sony i am really peeved off here.

Bought the PS4 for first party and you're NOT delivering the games.

Lucreto

2014, year of mutliplats and ports.

Remember Shinobi said GoW Ascension PS4 is also coming, so I expect some more PS3 remastering to fill in the gaps.

I would be happy with an Uncharted Collection and a Mass Effect Trilogy PS4.

I don't want a GOW Ascension PS4.

They're in a much better position to have better exclusives this holiday for sure, if this delay is true. Halo 2 anniversary, Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive are what we know/are heavily rumored so far, pretty good.

DriveClub and Forza Horizon 2 are pretty equal comparison, both look good but I have more faith in Horizon 2 after Horizon 1 being so excellent.

The Last of Us remastered and Halo 2 Anv. are also pretty obvious comparisons...but we're talking about a remake of a 1 year old game vs a 10 year old one + 3 other halo campaigns if the rumors are true. That halo collection is probably in a better position.

Then Sunset Overdrive doesn't really have a comparison at this point.

There will surely be more announcements on both sides, but I'm digging MS's lineup more so far, speaking as a PS4 owner. Sony obviously still has a multiplatform game advantage though.

Forza Horizon 2 hasn't been announced yet..

Boke1879

By the same token, we must let concern trolls familiarize themselves with this new generation of gaming consoles too...

TBH we've actually had a pretty damn good first year this gen compared to old ones. I know delays suck but people really are expecting AAA games to be released every month.

The 3rd parties will take care of the gaming situation this fall like they ALWAYS do. The casual gamer who goes out and buys consoles will get their AC unity, Batman, Madden UFC, NBA2k, COD, Dragon Age to fill their needs. They'll be happy.

Raist

Banned
2007 for PS3:

Motorstorm
Formula One
Warhawk
Lair
Heavenly Sword
MLB The Show
Folklore
Eye of Judgement
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted

2014 for PS4:

Infamous
MLB The Show
Drive Club

What a difference.

I think the problem comes from the 1st party output for the PS3/PSV in 2013. Several major studios just released a game. That wasn't quite the case for the PS2 IIRC.

Kssio_Aug

Soo how is it more compelling again?

Yeah, I kind desagree too. The Last of Us Remaster could be like the Halo 2 Anniversary of Playstation. And Sunset Overdrive may have the same appeal for Xbox users than DriveClub does on PS4 (for a different public however).

BUT, if Microsoft release a full Halo Colletion + Forza Horizon 2 + Sunset Overdrive this year, then I have to admit that they probably have the best lineup for 2014.

StoopKid

If this is true, Sony's Fall 2014 lineup is just unacceptable. As far as exclusives go, they have DriveClub. That is IT. A sub-par racing game that will be inevitably outclassed by the yearly Forza release. Everything else is multiplatform. Unless they have secretly been holding near-release games for an E3 reveal (which would be the most absurd business decision possible).
Microsoft's not doing much better, but at least they have Sunset Overdrive - which actually looks like it will release this year.

They also have the heavily-rumored (and effectively confirmed) Halo Remaster & Forza Horizon 2. We also still don't know if Quantum Break is this year or not. (Unlikely, but worth mentioning)

Why is it that ms can announce a game at e3 and have it come out this fall but sony can't ?

Fracas

#fuckonami
So in terms of big first party exclusives, this is what we're looking at?

Sony
Driveclub
TLOU Remastered
God of War Ascension PS4 (rumor)

Microsoft
Halo 2 Anniversary (rumor)
Halo Master Chief Collecton (rumor)
Sunset Overdrive
Forza Horizon 2 (rumor)

Kind of an iffy fall for both sides, but Halo remakes pique my interest far more than a racer and two PS3 ports (though I really enjoyed TLOU).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
wow

that's crazy, I expected that this year :(

if the fall is driveclub and HD remasters from Sony then I'll be so disappointed with my PS4 purchase

why did/does Nintendo get a lot of heat for pretty much doing the same thing, smh

If The Order is actually delayed, I'd actually say Nintendo is better, especially considering how they support the portable system as well. And Nintendo in 2013 wasn't that great on Wii U, in terms of steady amount of releases...

Courage

I don't see why anyone would care unless you're invested in some kind of console war with friends. "MS has more exclusives, see?!"

The only people who should honestly care are those with PCs that jumped on the PS4 from day one and it's now gathering dust (unless Destiny is that big of a deal).

If this is true, Sony's Fall 2014 lineup is just unacceptable. As far as exclusives go, they have DriveClub. That is IT. A sub-par racing game that will be inevitably outclassed by the yearly Forza release. Everything else is multiplatform. Unless they have secretly been holding near-release games for an E3 reveal (which would be the most absurd business decision possible).
Microsoft's not doing much better, but at least they have Sunset Overdrive - which actually looks like it will release this year.

They also have the heavily-rumored (and effectively confirmed) Halo Remaster & Forza Horizon 2. We also still don't know if Quantum Break is this year or not. (Unlikely, but worth mentioning)

ANd I'm sure The Order (which you probably would have just dismissed as a linear, scripted generic third person shooter with no multiplayer, right?") would ahve made things any different in your eyes?

It's sort of sad how people seem more disappointed in this delay not because they care about playing this game, but more because of how it effects "The Console Wars".

Did Sony selling like hotcakes off the back of third party games and exclusive timed indie games not kinda set the tone for how this generation (and how consumers tastes) are going to go?

I remember another game that was delayed into the early parts of the following year, only to be delayed again to the much later parts of that year.

But if it takes delays to make the game what it needs to be, do it.

Its the right choice, but it also means that early showings just become that much more meaningless when it comes to buying the hardware.

Boke1879

SO you've played DriveClub and know that it is Sub-par? Seriously this shit is getting out of hand now.

thuway

And FC4, Alien Isolation, Dragon Age 3, Evolve, Project CARS and COD[+ most probably BF Swat]....

Its not like we dont have to play anything in Sept-Oct-Nov.

Did you hear Druckman was responsible for delaying the Order to 2015?

Seriously though, I agree with you. It's stacked one way or the other. The developers are asking for time to polish the game.

We saw footage early and people bitched they should have shown it in a more complete state.

They delay the game and people want the developer to ship it earlier.

There is no winning with Naughty Druckmann and Soony (tm).

HT UK

Not surprised by this. The guys on Podcast Beyond have been expecting it to be delayed ever since they saw a demo earlier this year.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
To be honest, the game would have gotten slaughtered in the crowded holiday season. As a publisher, Sony has to look at a release window that would maximise the games exposure and sales. Plus, more dev time is never a bad thing.

Begaria

Not really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. I think we were all thinking of an October or November release for The Order this year, but if its truly February it'll be releasing, it's only a 3-4 month delay for some extra polish.

d0nnie

Banned
I'm fine with delays...just make a killer game, and there won't be any problems.

Hell, Titanfall would have benefited from a delay.

Mooreberg

If Drive Club, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo remakes are the first party Xbone/PS4 output for the fall, third parties are going to make a killing. And by third parties, I mean Activision.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting it until midway through next year. Hadn't kept up with it much, but it always seemed like a 2015 release. Didn't we get our first bit of gameplay just a couple of moths ago? In any event, hope the game is better off because of this delay!

If a game slated for 2014 doesn't have a set month/season yet then don't expect it to come out this year.

So yeah... I would say to not expect Quantum Break this year.

2015 is going to be great. May be this gen's 2007.

I agree that this is going to be the case, but to be saying this in May... Really disappointing all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom