• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Valkyria Chronicles 1, 2&3 (two separate releases) coming out on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Bishop

Neo Member
REMINDER (as Xenus and I'm sure others have also commented at this point):

SEGA now owns Atlus. This is sort of their... thang.

Oonce oonce oonce oonce

Also, yeah, this:
Holy fuck.

[edit] Totally forgot my new(ish) industry position in the midst of excitement. I am in no way confirming ANYTHING for SCEA/Atlus/SEGA and god this is why I must lurk for all eternity.

Odrion

Banned
The Sega that recently started releasing Hatsune Miku games here, bought Atlus, and also made a sequel to Typing of the Dead. You cannot predict their movements.
There are constants though.

There's always a man, a lighthouse, and Sega never localizing anything we want ever.

Don't hope, it hurts less.

Caelestis

Woah... And I just bought the first one recently. Guess I'll hold off in hopes of getting this here in the west.

hwateber

never got around to playing the second and third games. loved the first one though so I really hope this is coming to the west

RIP orders

Honestly, I would be fine with that. I rarely if ever used orders, which sounds like the right call given how others found that it broke the game when you abused them. Or make them like the special actions in VC3 where you can only use a certain amount of them per battle (even as low as one or two), versus them taking up CP.

zroid

Banned
two releases eh... well I'm okay with that, just means I won't have to re-buy 1

of course this means 1 will probably get localized and 2-3 definitely won't... -_-

jayu26

Not in the second one, nope. Not a game I would play for its story. Sadly, some of the gameplay decisions were weird too.

I never did get around to the third one.

:(

I will admit it, I liked the story in the first one. Story telling was bad as fuck and I hate that soap-opera style of story telling, but the story itself was very interesting. It reminded of Full Metal Alchemist at times. Of course, gameplay (despite janky "go in third person and control your guys directly" mechanic) is where that game shines.

You all know this is never coming here :<

image.php

Let us dream...

klee123

Unlike the Yakuza games, I can actually see the Valkyria games getting localized simply that the franchise is far more appealing to the western audiences.

That and I doubt the translation work is as nearly as much as the Yakuza games.

Coxy

So there is a chance we will get Valkyria Chronicles 4 after all? Maybe TGS annoucement.

god I hope so, I'd finally be able to BELIEVE again.

The fact they're all PS4 and no Vita ports makes me think they are trying to line up the series on PS4 maybe for a sequel

said sequel might be dependant on these doing well though, hopefully they dont have a goal to sell 8 million copies or something

Maybe just me, but we ought to get ready to have a localization petition or at least something to show great interest in localization.

Sure, this may be the Sega that localized Hatsune Miku and is for the time being letting Atlus USA do their thing, but this is also the same Sega that has not localized plenty of other things that had localization precedents.

*If this is real, that is, but I have my serious doubts.

Eusis

You seem so certain about this.
You set your expectations low enough everything's good news.

I can't help but be cautiously optimistic, it's ONE GAME to get localized and it's on a platform with a bunch of starving owners, ones more likely to buy it up than if it was on the by then unloved PSP. And it's the perfect way to placate the people who turn their noses up at handhelds. I'm actually more worried about SCEA right now, but they could just put all three together for NA and likely EU as a result and on the flipside Sega might be more willing to go DD only anyway so it's a wash.

Sandfox

The first game is already translated and voiced. Even that alone for PS4 in US will do wonders. Hope it sells better this time to convince a better localization for all.

If they are planning two releases, the first one can be easily localized to US to test the water again.
I don't really like the idea of using a port of a game didn't sell well in the first place to test the water.
The Sega that recently started releasing Hatsune Miku games here, bought Atlus, and also made a sequel to Typing of the Dead. You cannot predict their movements.

Miku was an experiment that wasn't exactly as big of a project as VC3 would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom