• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Nintendo working on a Remaster for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's Sunshine and they've created an entire extra level/land with the volcano ....blue coin improvement.....just tighten up the entire experience and add beautiful hd assests as well.

SCReuter

Super Mario Sunshine has so many issues. EAD Tokyo should just rebuild the game from scratch.

As for Super Mario 64, wasn't that game designed with low geometry environments in mind? Updating the visuals might be counterproductive to the gameplay.

TheMoon

I was not aware of WWHD's gyro aiming, glad that's in, haven't started it yet but that's good. I guess TP isn't out of the question. But can you see them doing another Zelda remaster? An SS remaster for wiiU but requiring a wii remote? I just think it's unlikely.

I think their plate is already quite full and I don't see them doing another console remaster of a Zelda game shortly before the next big one releases when next year is Majora's Mask's anniversary and the 3DS remaster is such an obvious thing for them to do after OoT 3D and it could be a thing for the New 3DS.

What seems way more likely, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, is some type of Mario remaster. Specifically 64 and Sunshine. Mario 64 would pretty much be a full-on remake since they can't (and likely won't) just uprez an N64 game and try to sell it. Why is it more likely? Because Mario turns 30 next year. After they farted out the super disappointing Mario All Stars thing for his 25th which everyone gave them a lot of shit for, they might try something a bit more respectful of the caliber of this franchise. I don't think they'll include the Galaxy games, though, as they're too recent and would require complicated interface redesigning to work with the touch-screen instead of the pointer, similar to Skyward Sword. Of course they could always do a special bundle with a limited Wii Remote Plus packed in.

Ultimately, I see old Zelda games releasing on 3DS/N3DS only next year with Zelda U capping off the year as the big Holiday title.

Even Aonuma admitted that the beginning of the game went on for too long...

That's a different than there being a "tiresome tutorial." It just doesn't "feel" like you're doing significant stuff since most people are after the dungeon gameplay. The Ordon Village area feels a bit claustrophobic with its narrow passages and walls everywhere so you end up feeling boxed-in in this starting area even though you're already collecting key items, learning a bunch of stuff you'll need later and furthering the plot. The problem is that it's front-loading all of this before you enter the first proper dungeon, not the activities themselves. I can see how people were eager to "get to it" after fiending for a new Zelda game for 3-4 years and then you have to run around as a wolf, herd goats, follow a monkey through a poison cloud and lure a kitten with a fishing rod before you can enter your first dungeon and subsequently leave and go out into the wide world.

But on a replay, I found myself quite interested in the way the game opens and slowly introduces you to the world, the place Link comes from and how it sets up the larger conflict.

Magnus

In my dream fantasy world, today's announcement will be a double-Mario-hitter with a Smash date followed by a first look at Galaxy 1+2 HD.

Banned
Outside of Majora's Mask 3DS, Paper Mario 64 and TTYD would be perfect on 3DS.

They emulate fine, but pumping up the resolution doesn't do that much for these games and the backgrounds are not meant to be rendered in 16:9.
You're not meant to be rendered in 16:9!

*cries and runs away accepted that his dreams won't come true*

:)

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Fty5JwW.jpg

Again I would buy this in a heartbeat.

god damn... why did you have to post this?

Fty5JwW.jpg

Again I would buy this in a heartbeat.
If it ended up doing well and they revisited other entries in the series with this sort of polish and perhaps new games, it would be all that I ever need. I'm a huge supporter of 2D sprites and preserving the classics, and I think that 16-bit games will always look perfect. BUT this sort of detail applied to the Metroid series would just work so well.

They should make a new Mario game with FLUDD. That thing was awesome. Truly. Sunshine HD isn't good enough.

Galaxy HD is a confusing request. They're relatively new games. But we live in a world where Last of Us HD was the second coming, so who knows anymore?

Verger

Banned
So unless the rumor got things mixed up and it was referring to Xenoblade 3DS, I would seriously doubt a HD Xenoblade, given that it would be way oversaturated, unless Nintendo wants that.

My guesses would be Twilight Princess or Metroid Prime Trilogy.

TP just because they already did WW and Skyward is too recent. Plus I feel it's going to take a couple of years before the actual Zelda U knowing Nintendo so they may want to put something Zelda out in between.

MPT would be great if they want to once again tackle the Metroid franchise and take it back to Prime style after the less the welcome reception Other M got.

Xenoblade HD with first ever cross save for a Nintendo game , connect with 3DS to unlock exclusive stuff too

Boom.

I hope its more then one, give us Mario Galaxy 1+2 HD then twilight princess HD

Yes, I'm sure Nintendo would love to cannibalize sales of Xenoblade 3D just as it comes out.

Adding to that, I don't see the logic in suggesting that it would be either Galaxy or Metroid Prime Trilogy when those are about to release on VC.

It's almost certainly either Sunshine or Twilight Princess.

EDIT: Fell for a necro =/

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
You think it was referring to the Rhythm Tengoku collection? It technically qualifies as a remaster of sorts and it never specified that the remaster was for the Wii U, did it?

Hatchtag

Banned
Super Mario Sunshine HD.

Best game ever made, but it doesn't need an update as bad as SM64 does. 64's level design is still masterful, but its controls and especially its visuals are showing their age. Plus I don't want Nintendo to water down Sunshine's great use of the GC's unique L and R buttons in order to be played on the Wii U.

That being said, going off of the nostalgia theory Iwata mentioned-that Pokemon R/S and Melee released around the same time, and thus a lot of young adults are having nostalgia for them and want to buy sequels and remakes of them-Sunshine seems like a very possible pick.

Ceravic

My guess is Super Mario Galaxy. If they weren't remastering it I feel like they'd have brought it to Wii U to download before Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom