• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Nintendo working on a Remaster for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoon

Monster Hunter 4U?

It's possible, right?

Right?

:(

So this is what this "remaster" culture has lead to. Any regular ass port now qualifies as a remaster? This is worse almost than every up-port being called a remake the last two gens. The way gamers (incl. press) just arbitrarily throw these terms around without actually understanding any of them really bothers me.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So this is what this "remaster" culture has lead to. Any regular ass port now qualifies as a remaster? This is worse almost than every up-port being called a remake the last two gens. The way gamers (incl. press) just arbitrarily throw these terms around without actually understanding any of them really bothers me.

consider taking these things less seriously

So if this is true, I bet it's going to be Twilight Princess Remastered, to soften the blow of the inevitable Zelda Wii U delay....

...However I would love Galaxy remakes though. They would look beautiful! Or dare I say it, Sunshine as I never really finished that game :p

takriel

So if this is true, I bet it's going to be Twilight Princess Remastered, to soften the blow of the inevitable Zelda Wii U delay....

...However I would love Galaxy remakes though. They would look beautiful! Or dare I say it, Sunshine as I never really finished that game :p

They could actually make it a decent game this time around by removing the tiresome tutorial at the beginning. I wouldn't even mind a Zelda U delay if we got Zelda TP HD and MM 3D this and next year.

But if TP HD happened the OST would need to be orchestrated though.

BratmanDu

Can't see it being Galaxy games, how would the starbit collection/catapult/sticky plants work without the remote? The startbits are pretty integral to unlocking stuff and for bosses, you kind of need to be able to pick em up from far away by pointing - which you can't really do on the gamepad whilst moving around in 3d at the same time.

I haven't even started Galaxy2 yet but from what I understand, Mr T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas needs the remote for his tongue.

For it to be the Galaxy games they'd need substantial reworking of certain game mechanics. I doubt they'd bring out a new game that requires the old remotes.

WWHD happened, but the aiming in TP would suck without motion control and SS would probably be off the table too, I don't see it's mechanics translating to the gamepad.

I just don't see them bringing out remasters that use remotes, or are so greatly reworked as to not need them. This might rule out Metroid Prime Trilogy too, as MP3 would ned reworked, and from what I hear (I'm just about to play the Trilogy having only ever done MP1 on GC) they work best with motion control.

We just had MK8 so I'd scratch off F-Zero too.

Sunshine maybe, of something pre-wii era (Waverace, Eternal Darkness, Luigi's Mansion). Also, could the gamepad be used as bongos???

shaki123

Like there aren't enough Mario games on the U. Is this really what you guys want? What about Metroid, Starfox, Zelda, Pokemon etc. Stuff that's actually NOT on the U at this moment in time. Please elaborate.

Jakoo

Mario Sunshine is the game I want. I never did get all the blue coins.

Agreed--I would love to go back and 100% this game once and for all on some new hardware. Mario Sunshine had such a charming world to explore and would really benefit from an HD Remaster.

andthebeatgoeson

Mario Galaxy HD Collection please!

thirsty.jpg

They could actually make it a decent game this time around by removing the tiresome tutorial at the beginning. I wouldn't even mind a Zelda U delay if we got Zelda TP HD and MM 3D this and next year.

Thats a good point, if they took the same approach they did with WW HD then i'd be happy with those to tide us over until Zelda U. I'd rather they delay Zelda U and make it great.

That would be amazing!

Jofamo

My heart screams Kid Icarus Uprising, or F-Zero GX.

My mind says Super Mario Sunshine. IIRC, Wind Waker ran on the same engine as Sunshine, so it could potentially be an easy remaster for Nintendo, and some of the HD effects they added to Wind Waker HD would look pretty nice in Sunshine. We have so far only heard about two Mario games coming to Wii U next year (Mario Party 10 and Mario Maker), so this would fill a gap for the franchise fans. I also like to believe all the little nods and hints in titles such as Mario Kart 8 (Sunshine Airport, easter eggs/billboards on the courses etc) and Smash Bros (they kept FLUDD in as one of Mario's specials, Bowser Jr has a Shadow Mario final smash) are leading up to this.

So yeah, my money's on Super Mario Sunshine, despite wanting otherwise.

Chinbo37

I just beat TP for the first time and while I loved the game, I dont feel like going back to play a HD remaster.

Really hoping its a game I havent played yet or havent played for a long time (COUGH mario 64 COUGH)

Banned
if it's not mario 64/sunshine, fzero gx, or majora's mask I don't care about it
You're probably not gonna care about it then. A lot of people are going to be disappointed because this rumor may be false or it will be a game nobody expects.

My theory was the fire emblem radiance collection that I posted earlier and it's plausible.

Majoras mask is gonna be on 3DS since all evidence points to that with Grezzo (the OoT 3D developer) hiring for a "legendary" game and MM uses the same assests as OoT, and Grezzo has them already.

Nintendo is gonna make a new F-Zero with HD assests, an engine built around those assests and built for online from the ground up before porting GX and adding online and reworking the assests for a 16:9 ratio.

Mario 64HD makes sense but the thing has been ported to the DS and we've had so many Mario games from 2009-present between the DS, 3DS, Wii and Wii U. And 3D world just came out.

Macka

Please be any of these:

- Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
- F-Zero GX
- Fire Emblem PoR & RD
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Super Mario Galaxy Collection
- Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
- Xenoblade Chronicles HD
- Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

Banned
I love Mario sunshine.

Would it be called Kid Icarus: Uprezzing?
Nope. Kid Icarus: Lowriding

If you combine Reggie's Metroid tease at VGX with Nintendo at E3 saying they're thinking about the future of Metroid but haven't started development yet, and throw in Next Level Games working on a Metroid project before Luigi's mansion 2 I could see a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD with Wii remote and added gamepad controls (gamepad to scan, display map, choose visors and beams, clutter the HUD less, etc). Maybe it would work like Pikmin 3 and the gamepad/Wiimote combo.

Nope. Kid Icarus: Lowriding

If you combine Reggie's Metroid tease at VGX with Nintendo at E3 saying they're thinking about the future of Metroid but haven't started development yet, and throw in Next Level Games working on a Metroid project before Luigi's mansion 2 I could see a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD with Wii remote and added gamepad controls (gamepad to scan, display map, choose visors and beams, clutter the HUD less, etc). Maybe it would work like Pikmin 3 and the gamepad/Wiimote combo.

I would buy Metroid Prime Trilogy again if they gave it an HD face lift.

Please, PLEASE, Please be Metroid Prime Trilogy. I will buy a Wii U just for this. Bought a GameCube for Prime/Wind Waker and a Wii for Twilight Princess/Corruption.

TheMoon

There's no tiresome tutorial. There's the player getting to know the village Link is from and being introduced to a ton of new mechanics.

WWHD happened, but the aiming in TP would suck without motion control and SS would probably be off the table too, I don't see it's mechanics translating to the gamepad.

TP would be completely fine since gyro aiming exists and was already beautifully integrated into Wind Waker HD. Skyward Sword is not happening though. That needs the Wiimote as Sword or would require inferior translation into touch screen gestures. I'd love to have it, though. With Wiimote requirement. No need to water that down.

OsirisBlack

Banned
After seeing the hi-res image that someone made of the Mother Brain fight, I've been wanting the same thing. Just the same game with outstanding 3D models. If they did it the way that JAW did Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, I would buy it twice.

Fty5JwW.jpg

Again I would buy this in a heartbeat.

My hope would be that it's Super Mario 64, because if any game is worthy of a remake, it's that one.

If I was a betting man though, I'd say that it's probably Majora's Mask for 3DS. If not that, then Metroid Prime in HD. That would also jive with the rumors that Retro is back in the driver's seat for Metroid.

I doubt it will be Galaxy or any other Wii game, due to the dependence on the remote.

Village

Ehh, I´m not against a Sunshine HD ....but there are 10+ games more deserving across the Wii and GameCube.

Nooo!

Its the most deserving. Also they should put extra shit in it, like let me play as peach or something. Or rosalina, rosalina wasn't even made but just throw her ass in because reasons.

slit

Mario 64, Sunshine or Majora's Mask would be great in my book. ED would be good too, but does Nintendo own the rights to the IP? Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance would give me so much joy, I'd faint!

Grief.exe

Outside of Majora's Mask 3DS, Paper Mario 64 and TTYD would be perfect on 3DS.

They emulate fine, but pumping up the resolution doesn't do that much for these games and the backgrounds are not meant to be rendered in 16:9.

DoubleDash

Neo Member
I'm hoping for Mario 64 or Sunshine.

Fingers crossed for a Mario 64/Sunshine HD collection.

Sunshine could make sense because it would give another use to the Gamecube adapter.

BratmanDu

TP would be completely fine since gyro aiming exists and was already beautifully integrated into Wind Waker HD. Skyward Sword is not happening though. That needs the Wiimote as Sword or would require inferior translation into touch screen gestures. I'd love to have it, though. With Wiimote requirement. No need to water that down.

I was not aware of WWHD's gyro aiming, glad that's in, haven't started it yet but that's good. I guess TP isn't out of the question. But can you see them doing another Zelda remaster? An SS remaster for wiiU but requiring a wii remote? I just think it's unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom