• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Nintendo working on a Remaster for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remasters I want to see:

Wave Race (please oh please god let it be this.......
It wont be this
Metroid Prime
Mario Sunshine
F-Zero GX

KooopaKid

Banned
Depends on the kind of remaster.
If it's the Last of Us kind, then Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2.
If it's the Wind Waker kind, then Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2.

lol

openrob

December 2013 I think, and it was with a final "notice/warning" that unless Nintendo did something with Eternal Darkness within 36 months, they would loose it permanently, no more extensions, or something like it.

I keep hearing this - but who do Nintendo need to ask to renew it from? And why the hell are they forced to give up the IP if they don't use it, like seriously I have no idea?

Seanlole

I'd rather it be Super Mario All Stars 2.

SM64
SMS
SMG1
SMG2

Believe.

i rather like:

- SMB 1, 2,3 and SMW in NSMB engine (but changing the gameplay mechanics and physics to the original ones).
- SM64, SMS, SMG1+2 using a SMG-SM3DW mix engine.

i'd buy it at $99,99

spookyfish

i rather like:

- SMB 1, 2,3 and SMW in NSMB engine (but changing the gameplay mechanics and physics to the original ones).

i'd buy it at $99,99

With Amiibo support to change your characters in the game. (Not really ...)

But I love your idea. So it won't happen.

tebunker

Banned
I keep hearing this - but who do Nintendo need to ask to renew it from? And why the hell are they forced to give up the IP if they don't use it, like seriously I have no idea?

they don't give up the IP they give up the right to sue people with infringement etc. You have to actively use IP and copyrights to maintain them

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i rather like:

i'd buy it at $99,99

Nah man, just uprez 64, SMS and G1+2 to 1080p/60FPS and keep the originals as-is. Maybe introduce a save game system to the earliest games to make them a little more newcomer accessible but don't touch the sprites...

And price it at max $60 so people actually buy it.

EulaCapra

Grr, this thread got bumped up with no confirmation. Got my hopes up.

I hope it's not just Luigi's Mansion 2 due to that Wii U placeholder months back. Game was great, but wouldn't benefit much in the way of its shorter mission style.

It'll probably be Kid Icarus: Uprising with new playable characters for the story and/or multiplayer like Palutena, Viridi, Phosphora, with the reappearance of that ratchet-ass ho Dark Pit.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
If its a HD version of the Metroid Prime Trilogy I will definitely get a Wii-U for it

Neoxon

You guys are missing the most "logical" and most possibly HD remastered game Nintendo
will do...

Banned
But the original games already have polygonal characters on the map. Or does it just look like that? Maybe you are thinking of Awakening in this case.

Other than that, great idea. I'd buy it day one, and that with me already owning both games.
Yeah it's been seven years. They were polygonal. But they were low res. Sorry for the mistake.

AniHawk

Skies of Arcadia.

Skies. of. Arcadia.

This would fill the void of RPG starved WiiU owners until X.

the team's off doing a vita/smartphone/pc f2p game now. and rieko kodama wandered off into the great unknown, never to be heard from again.

Xenoblade makes the most sense, but it would be nice if they remastered both Wii Zelda games to make them HD.

I wouldn't mind HD Sunshine or Galaxy either.

I got at least two of them.

Package 1
Mario 64
Sunshine

Package 2
Galaxy
Galaxy 2

Package 3
Xenoblade
Radiant Dawn

Package 4
Twilight Princess
Last Story

Package 5
Crystal Chronicles
Crystal Bearers (New Controls)

Package 6
Madworld
Deadly Creatures

TheMoon

I think it will be Metroid Prime Trilogy HD. I already own the Wii version, and wouldn't buy it, but I think it would be a great idea, the game is awesome, hard to find in stores at good prices, and there's lots of demand.

I'd also like F-Zero GX or Eternal Darkness.

Edit: Kid Icarus Uprising would be great too!

While it would greatly benefit from more play comfort thanks to the control options, it's just way way too soon, I feel. DKCR3D came out three years after the console version but that was mostly a cash grab and comparatively easy to make some extra content for. Maybe they're really doing a Mario HD Pack for his 30th. I call dibs on that prediction, btw, unless someone can point me to someone else claiming it earlier :p

I got at least two of them.
Package 3
Xenoblade
Radiant Dawn

Why on earth would that package not be Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn since both games belong together anyway?!? That's like splitting up both Galaxy games and the Prime Trilogy!

TAS

If it ends up being Xenoblade HD I'm going to lose it..because I just paid a pretty penny for the Wii version.

I'm tired of Nintendo and their policy of doing bare minimum to support their console.

I really hope that one game/month is true, but I don't see that happening til next-gen at the earliest.

TheMoon

I would like Zelda: Skyward Sword Remaster with different controls schemes, other than the Wii motion plus. Not going to happen though.

Metroid Prime 1-3 HD with a normal control scheme plz...

Why would you want to make it worse?! What's up with you people!

I'd rather it be Super Mario All Stars 2.

SM64
SMS
SMG1
SMG2

Believe.

Well, Mario does turn 30 next year and they're DEFINITELY gonna do something to celebrate their biggest cash cow. Aside from Mario Maker, of course.

I'm tired of Nintendo and their policy of doing bare minimum to support their console.

I really hope that one game/month is true, but I don't see that happening til next-gen at the earliest.

I don't think you realize how much software Nintendo is pumping out on a regular basis. Compare that with any of the other platform holders and they will pale in comparison. They're supporting TWO platforms with software throughout a year. And they have more first party releases for both generally...

Ventara

If it turns out to be Xenoblade like someone said, I'd flip out with joy. Xenoblade was one of my top games last gen, and an HD version of it would be amazing.

Honestly though, I feel like I'd be happy with whatever it is, since Nintendo seems to know what gamers would enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom